Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Pls I Need Analysis On This Top Cylinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Analysis On This Top Cylinder (1120 Views)

How Well Do You Know Your Engine? Which Is Your Cylinder #1, 4 Or 6? / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Analysis On This Top Cylinder by Inception(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
hi all,
I decided to work on an oil burning issue on my 2.4 l 2003 honda accord
upon loosening the top I saw the extent of the 'damage' done due t8 bad oil control rings( a common issue with early k24 engines)
pics was taken to reveal. what do you think guys?
p.s. I bought a full rebuilt kit for the engine via ebay, including new headbolts, pistons, rings and a haynes manual as a guide

1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Analysis On This Top Cylinder by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
The title of your post is (I need analysis on this top cylinder)

From your picture it looks ok, clean out the carbon/oil/sludge, grind the valves, change the valve stem seals and the head should function fine.
Re: Pls I Need Analysis On This Top Cylinder by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
As far as I can see:

1) I don't like the look of the area between #2 and #3 cylinders, looks like the intake head bolt wasn't torqued correctly.

2) It seems that #4 or is it #1 is the one with the weak oil rings? Make sure to spec that cylinder carefully to see why it's only this one cylinder that's having issue.

Do you have a torque wrench? It's a must IMHO.

Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Buy This Ferrari? You'll Ve To Get An Invite. / My Car Vibrates/ Shakes Heavily While Starting / Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.