Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court (619 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce, Very Sad. / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court by peteregwu(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
T he dissolution of the marriage between Christ
Embassy Church founder, Pastor Christian
Oyakhilome, and his wife, Rev. Anita Odegwa
Oyakhilome, has entered the final phase, TheCable
can report.

The wife is seeking divorce on the grounds of
“unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery”. She
outlined several allegations against the pastor
which TheCable cannot publish for legal reasons.
The divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was
filed on April 9, 2014 at Divorce Section A, Central
Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn,
London, UK, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters
Jameson Hill Solicitors, a full-service law firm
with expertise in commercial law and a strong
consumer focus in family, wills and estate,
personal injury law and medical negligence.
Efforts to reconcile the popular couple, whose
church is one of the biggest denominations in
Nigeria and has branches all over world, have
failed. They have two teenage daughters, Sharon
and Charlyn. Oyakhilome is the president of
Believers’ Love World Inc, the registered name of
the Christian ministry, while his wife is the vice-
president. The pastor, according to an elder of the
church, has denied allegations of adultery and
believes his wife is being influenced by “bad
friends” who are intent on destroying their home.
While Anita believes she has been relegated in the
scheme of things in the church, her husband has
reportedly accused her of trying to usurp power
and authority above her seniors in the ministry.
Sources told TheCable that the pastor had been
making efforts to avoid divorce in the hope that
the wife would eventually have a change of mind.
However, TheCable can also report that the
decree nissi was served on the charismatic pastor
in his hotel room during a recent visit to the UK.
Decree nissi, in legal terms, is like a yellow card in
a football match which is a precursor to a red
card (“decree absolute”) if no new evidence is
provided to stall proceedings. Church insiders
said Oyakhilome had been hoping for
rapprochement, but he was left with no option
than to receive the papers when the lawyers
cornered him at his hotel in London. The decree
absolute, which will effectively end the marriage,
is expected to be issued soon while terms of the
divorce will be worked out by the lawyers on both
sides.
TheCable learnt Anita recently wanted to go
public with the details of her allegations against
the husband but reached an informal agreement
to sheathe her sword in the interest of the church.
Oyakhilome is regarded as one of the richest and
most influential pastors in Nigeria, and co-
authors the fast-selling Christian daily devotional,
Rhapsody of Realities, with the wife. However,
following the strain in the marriage, the wife had
been complaining to friends that her husband had
stopped the payment of royalties due her from the
devotional literature. “She complained of being
deliberately starved of funds, perhaps to bring her
to her knees in the belief that she would
eventually return to her matrimonial home and
mend things,” a church member told TheCable in
the UK.
A wealthy Zimbabwean businessman, who is into
telecoms, is one of the biggest financiers of the
London branch of the church which Anita pastors
along with other branches in Europe. When the
crisis got to a head, the Zimbabwean stopped
funding the church ─ some said in solidarity with
Oyakhilome, his close friend and neighbour in
Johannesburg, South Africa. However, Oyakhilome
was said to have been shocked when the wife
announced at a fundraiser that she was sowing a
“seed” (donation) of $1 million ─ despite her
assumed lack of access to funds. Matters got to
a head on Sunday, July 13, 2014, when some
relatives of Anita locked up the London branch of
the church to protest against the “humiliation”
being meted out to their sister ─ who had not
overseen services at the branch since November
Some church members had sometime in May 10,
2014 launched facebook campaign, asking:
“Where is Rev. Anita Oyakhilome?” They said
Pastor Chris and Rev. Anita must unite “for the
sake of the gospel, the church and their two
beautiful daughters”. They quoted Malachi 2:16 in
the Message Bible: “I hate divorce, says the God
of Israel.” The facebook page, which has over
3,300 “likes”, was opened with a stated mission:
“This is a Call to Prayer for all believers who
understand God’s heart concerning marriage and
a Call to Action by Pst. Chris. #
DoWhatYouPreach”. Officials of the church quickly
moved to deny any rift between the pastor
couple. One official, Kenneth Achumasara, told the
media last June: “I can tell you authoritatively
that there is no issue between Pastor Chris and
his wife, Anita… If you go to the UK now you will
see her along with the kids. She is still with him
and there is no issue between them. I have been
with him for 22 years and the Pastor Chris I know
cannot even utter such words as reported. He will
never address such a gathering. She will soon be
in Nigeria for a programme and I will definitely
invite you to have access to her.”

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/29/pastor-oyakhilome’s-wife-files-divorce-london-court-citing-adultery-and-unreasonable

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court by gazilion: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
I do not know if this story is true but how come you (peteregwu) are too happy to easily copy and paste stories you have not really verified and know little or nothing about. Should someone else talk about your pastor (Lazarus Muoka) you will take to the sword!

As believers, we should be careful how we disseminate information that can scatter the flock and cast aspersion on the integrity of Men of God.

FYI, I am not a member of Christ Embassy and do not support their dressing or some of their teachings and lifestyle.
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court by peteregwu(m): 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
gazilion: I do not know if this story is true but how come you (peteregwu) are too happy to easily copy and paste stories you have not really verified and know little or nothing about. Should someone else talk about your pastor (Lazarus Muoka) you will take to the sword!

As believers, we should be careful how we disseminate information that can scatter the flock and cast aspersion on the integrity of Men of God.

FYI, I am not a member of Christ Embassy and do not support their dressing or some of their teachings and lifestyle.

well, it is a breaking news. one thing about me is that I don't hide my feelings about anything. I hate Christ embassy teachings, they are not mindful of holiness and righteousness. pastor Chris is one of those I pray God will expose. he was the one that said mastur-bation is not a sin and also printing of tattoos on the skin is not a sin. he is a minister of Satan. so God will frustrate them so that they will not be sending people to hell fire. many are dieing in sin in his church and going to hell without knowing the truth. and people wearing mini skirts and show me yr breast, and they keep quiet without telling them the truth. and you call such people men of God? if you are calling such people men of God just because they have big congregation and pose with iPad they carry about to replace bible, they are now men of God. so who are the men of Satan?

I myself before becoming a chosen was a member of white garment church, cherubim and seraphim at 3, akintunde street, off ladilak bus stop, bariga. I was born there and brought, I spent more than 20yrs in bondage of sin....fornication, stealing, lying etc but thank for making me a chosen, hearing the raw undiluted word that changes live, through it I was saved. today I am an evangelist for Christ. preaching on the streets.

what if I had died when I was in my former church, I would have been in hell fire.
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court by ichuka(m): 12:49am On Aug 30, 2014
peteregwu:

well, it is a breaking news. one thing about me is that I don't hide my feelings about anything. I hate Christ embassy teachings, they are not mindful of holiness and righteousness. pastor Chris is one of those I pray God will expose. he was the one that said mastur-bation is not a sin and also printing of tattoos on the skin is not a sin. he is a minister of Satan. so God will frustrate them so that they will not be sending people to hell fire. many are dieing in sin in his church and going to hell without knowing the truth. and people wearing mini skirts and show me yr breast, and they keep quiet without telling them the truth. and you call such people men of God? if you are calling such people men of God just because they have big congregation and pose with iPad they carry about to replace bible, they are now men of God. so who are the men of Satan?

I myself before becoming a chosen was a member of white garment church, cherubim and seraphim at 3, akintunde street, off ladilak bus stop, bariga. I was born there and brought, I spent more than 20yrs in bondage of sin....fornication, stealing, lying etc but thank for making me a chosen, hearing the raw undiluted word that changes live, through it I was saved. today I am an evangelist for Christ. preaching on the streets.

what if I had died when I was in my former church, I would have been in hell fire.
Lol.
do you know that most of what you have been taught in Chosen is even worse then what you are saying right now.
You think Righteousness,Holiness and Heavenly bound is by ur good works abi?most of you guys will be highly disappiontment on  the last day.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce In London Court by peteregwu(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2014
ichuka:
Lol.
do you know that most of what you have been taught in Chosen is even worse then what you are saying right now.
You think Righteousness,Holiness and Heavenly bound is by ur good works abi?most of you guys will be highly disappiontment on  the last day.

pls my brother I used to think that heaven is just by believing Jesus alone and not by holiness. but I was wrong. u have to live a holy life to make heaven. it is no more our own works or goodness, but by the works of Jesus....his righteousness, that is, you as believer have to follow that way. and that way is the way of holiness. pls don't be deceived, we humans don't have good works. we are sinners as the bible says, we are full of dead works. even if you claim that you have been doing good or u have good works, it is a lie. good things belong to God and bad things belongs to we humans and devil.

Matthew 19:16 "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

John 10:32 "Jesus answered them, Many GOOD WORKS have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?"

JESUS IS THE OWNER OF GOOD WORKS! WE HAVE NOTHING BUT EVIL WORKS. THAT IS WHY EVERYONE NEEDS JESUS TO BEGIN TO DO GOOD WORKS.

heb 12:14. "....without holiness, no eyes shall see the Lord." or do you think that is a joke. or don't you fear this word we do here everyday. if you neglect holiness in Christ Jesus, then u end up taking the word of God for granted, u will see yrself doing yr own thing. in fact, salvation will be meaningless to you and u will end up committing sin and at the same time thinking it is not by works. James 2:20 "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

We give your life to jesus , sin is dead in you and go ahead in living by the word of God, which is holiness. Now that is the works....hope you understand this? It is no more yr works or good works, it is now the works of God by His word. Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"

That is why I love my pastor Lazarus, and pastor kumuyi. We are no more like the people of the world or do things the way they do it. You must be dead to your own former life(worldly life) and embrace the new life in Christ with love.

Revelation 21:27 "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

You can see that the people that will make heaven according to that verse above are those undefiled, those that kept or keeping to holiness. My brother holiness is real, I never believed it before until I came to chosen and the Lord changed my life by his power. John 1:12.

Salvation is real, holiness is real, sin is real, heaven is real, and hell fire is real.
Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Tragedy: T.B. Joshua Reveals Why He Was Attacked / My Church Miracles Are Not Fake - TB Joshua Releases Statement / Taking Prayers For Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.