Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg (17688 Views)

Abuse Of Power By Lagos State Magistrate Funke Sule-hamzat / North Want Power By All Means To Control Oil - US Ambassador. / The.blatant Show Of Mod Power By Sexkillz And The Nysc Sectiion Mod• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by YoursGEJ(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2014
Dem don come again. Can't these people just shut up and actually achieve something first before opening their foul mouths for crying out loud?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by philips70(m): 6:38am On Aug 30, 2014
[b]4500 Megawatts which in itself is doubtful and this people still come on air to celebrate it with definite promises. In a country of about 170million people. Yet Okonjo Iweala and her friends are celebrating a rebased GDP that doesn't show any value on the lives of the citizens. South Africa with a lesser population produces about 8X this amount without all this hullabaloo. Below is Southie's production capacity..

Power plant Province Date
commissioned Installed Capacity
(Megawatt) Status Coordinates Notes
Arnot Power Station Mpumalanga 1975 2,100 Operational 25°56′38″S 29°47′22″E [12]
Bloemfontein Power Station Free State 102 Operational 29°07′27″S 26°13′30″E [13]
Camden Power Station Mpumalanga 1967 1,600 Operational 26°37′13″S 30°05′38″E [14]
Duvha Power Station Mpumalanga 1980 3,600 Operational 25°57′50″S 29°20′14″E [15][16]
Grootvlei Power Station Mpumalanga 1969 1,200 Operational 26°46′S 28°30′E [17]
Hendrina Power Station Mpumalanga 1970 2,000 Operational 26°01′59″S 29°36′00″E [18]
Kelvin Power Station Gauteng 1957 600 Operational 26°06′58″S 28°11′38″E [19][20]
Kendal Power Station Mpumalanga 1988 4,116 Operational 26°05′24″S 28°58′17″E [21][22]
Komati Power Station Mpumalanga 1961 1,000 Operational 26°05′24″S 29°28′19″E [23]
Kriel Power Station Mpumalanga 1976 3,000 Operational 26°15′15″S 29°10′46″E [24][25]
Kusile Power Station Mpumalanga 2014–2018 (projected) 4,800 Under construction - Delayed - Latest expected unit switch on dates are from 1st half 2016 to 2nd half 2019[26] 25°54′59″S 28°55′02″E [27][28][29]
Lethabo Power Station Free State 1985 3,708 Operational 26°44′31″S 27°58′39″E [30]
Majuba Power Station Mpumalanga 1996 4,110 Operational 27°06′02″S 29°46′17″E [31]
Matimba Power Station Limpopo 3,990 Operational 23°40′06″S 27°36′38″E [32]
Matla Power Station Mpumalanga 1983 3,600 Operational 26°16′57″S 29°08′27″E [33]
Medupi Power Station Limpopo 2012–2015 (projected) 4,800 Under construction since 2007 - Delayed - Latest expected unit switch on dates are from 1st half 2015 to 2nd half 2017[26] 23°42′S 27°33′E [29][34][35]
Pretoria West Power Station Gauteng 1952 180 Operational 25°45′28″S 28°08′49″E [36][37]
Rooiwal Power Station Gauteng 1963 300 Operational 25°33′21″S 28°14′18″E [36][37]
Tutuka Power Station Mpumalanga 1985 3,654 Operational 26°46′43″S 29°21′07″E [38]

Most of these are coal fired and last time I checked Nigeria has large coal deposits in Enugu and environs. Am ashamed.[/b]

Excerpts.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_South_Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by iGeneral: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2014
I don't believe this. The minister's nose alone will consume 1 mega watt of electricity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by unapologetic: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Segirl18:

Abi nw?.... Hearing d same bull everyday is patethic & tiring...
Actions would do. Nt jex mere words of mouth...

True that. Action is what our Govt lack but talking and giving people false hope is their speciality.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by unapologetic: 6:45am On Aug 30, 2014
iGeneral: I don't believe this. The minister's nose alone will consume 1 mega watt of electricity

Hahahahahahahahahaha I can't just stop laughing.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by lirusehn(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2014
unapologetic:

am not disputing the fact that he has performed well in some areas but his performance in the power sector is a big disappointment.

come Oct,perfection shall set in cool
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by daddyiel02: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2014
Where I live in Onitsha (GRA) and its Environs(3-3,omeife,fighter,Obosi,Nsugbe,nkwelle) enjoys 18-22 hours everyday(sometime all week or most weekends uninterupted) as I write its been raining all night and there is light and complete 220-230watts (my Compound)we don't use stablizer for AC or Fridge. GEJ Is Working, heard he is coming around today so no market. We are resting

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by KriTic24A: 6:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Elections are around the corner, get ready to be deceived if want to.
As it was in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011, so it has been to date, August 2014.

How do we know it won't remain like that after 2015 elections?
For me, i don't get carried away by any flash-of-action-cum-real.
I believe in a process.

What happens to the old transformers that have been overloaded over the years, which most of the time got exploded or the weary cables that can gets cut off by reason of the slightest spark?

Are they not suppose to be replaced before we start the celebration?
So, to me, if the process is not put in place, acts of sabotage properly and effectively checked, negligence to duty seriously frown at, fraud and raketeers severely punished, it is still an ELECTIONEERING RUSE.

When some thieves who sat quielty in office had monies raked off some people stashed in their accounts, you don't expect them to work for others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2014
GEJ TILL 2023!!!
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by ChiSun27(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2014
Nobody wey dey stay for Ojo axiz of Lagos go sey him/her no dey njoy 24 hrs powa supply.....atleast for d past one week...dia av bn tremendous improvement...pray dey keep to dia promiz....cus we don too sufa.

God bless n secure 9ja
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by iceberylin(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2014
alaladakosta: Ok, we hear. Abeg with match dey tomorrow for epl Jare?
Na Chelsea o
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by bamideledefky: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by henryobinna(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2014
lirusehn:
Gej doesnt lie.
what do you mean?
is he a god?
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by unapologetic: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2014
lirusehn:
come Oct,perfection shall set in cool

I hope so
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Afrocatalyst: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2014
unapologetic:

When the mind wanders too much, happiness always stray. Have been trying to stay positive as far back as I could remember and the story behind our power general still remains thesame.
lol.I feel ur pain bro jare. But sometimes we have to try.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by omenka(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2014
acenazt: Me no like Johny and him Vp Nnamdi but true talk light don boku for my area. Even when rain dey pour sef light dey. Nw e dey hard for dem to carry light for Kaduna city.
Errrm, wait make the rains stop to fall before you celebrate oo, say, from december like this!!

When dat time come wey water levels don drop, and we go back to 2500MW and 2hrs daily supply, dem go begin dey gist us how Buhari and Tinubu dem stroll go Sapele, Warri, Escravos, and Utuoke, go burst gas pipelines!!

Just dey watch!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Jomesh20(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2014
Makes me remember this song
When we ask our Government o,when dem go give us
lite
Dem say na 2010,we don dey wait 2010 since then
But now the waiting must end
Cuz 2010 don show,oh-oh-oh
I want to be like Moses,eh
Show my people dem to the promise land
But then i notice something,people wey try am don
dey underground
I see dem i ja
Look dem from far
Me i fear this Government people
Rise up Naija
Raise ur Apa
Tell them you are tired of the evil

E don tey wen Fela don go o(2x)
So the leaders are after the doe
Choose themselves like Mini Mani mo
Tumbo tumbo baskelebe
See dem eye like dey shak kelebe
See dem pickin dey comot kelebe
Poor man pickin dey rush olele
I see dem i ja
Look dem from far
Rise up Naija
Raise ur Apa

Gbogbo owo lo n kolobi
Won de TV won soro gidi
Se wo ni,s'emi ni, a mo na gidi
We dey follow follow dem like zombie
Shey na today(na today), Wey we dey wait(we dey
wait)
Go buy candle ,go buy candle
Shey na today(na today) ,wey
we dey wait(we dey wait)
E lo r'abela, E lo r'abela o
I see dem i ja
Look dem from far
Rise up Naija
Raise ur Apa

Yes boss,M.I with the flow boss
No more yes bosses its no Boss
No boss so long u scope us
Why you eat green like locust
So ur masses live low cost
Hunger,poverty choke us
You say there's a new plan for u
There's no light,how you gonna show us
All man just fightinh,thinking,fu-el rising ,money
sinking
Phcn so blinking ,Phcn to the fighting
I keep on singing,writing
People voting,we coping
Country broken,leaders heartless
Open my eyes,still darkness
Its about that time
That i spit that rhyme
That can touch that mind
Who can tell that friend
Who can take that stand
We can reach that end
Put your lighters Up,they cant fight us down
Light up naija dis 2010,The futuristic sound (cuz 2010
don show oo)
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by poiZon: 7:30am On Aug 30, 2014
unapologetic:

South Africa produces almost x10 of what we are celebrating and they are still aiming to produce 40,000mw new generation by 2025. This government and the past ones are all failures in the power generation reformation.

dont compare south africa to nigeria cos na whites de run thngs for that country, they have more whites in sensitive positions of power than blacks. blacks just resumed duties not too long ago. if we really need resructuring i think what we need is recall our colonialist to help us fix d country just like they did in south africa.
hv u read abt angola with per capita income of more than 20,000 dols per citizen, but that country is still strugling, why? cos black man is cursed. we hv this mentality of superiority, being better than d next neigbour, not wanting to be competed with, n not knowng how to make good policies that will culminate to change. copying the western policies n western curricula yet still we r still backward.
why not be ourselves, use our GOD GIVEN ABILITIES TO FIX thngs than always copying, adopting western policies.

last bullet..........as am typing these rubbish i dey vex with light here for school road, uyo. i no get wetin to use am do again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Afolabi78: 7:30am On Aug 30, 2014
it is when election is coming that is when electricity is stable after election they will go back to normal. that is the way it had been happening since 16years ago don't celebrate yet. it is not new the same story they are liers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by pacretus(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2014
alaladakosta: Ok, we hear. Abeg with match dey tomorrow for epl Jare?
see girl wey like football i wish i fit lik am like u.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by allanphash7(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2014
when God says let there be light and there was light, dont you know that Nigeria was not among those that he wanted to give?
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2014
unapologetic:

Most (not all) of our leaders are confused. They like celebrating their visions and not turning it into reality.

That's the perfect description. They've so impressed themselves with their lies, they never bother to make it come true.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Goahead(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2014
ggrin: Too much igbolipsrsealed
Dammit you're smelling.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by eemalex(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2014
Power supply has seriously improved in my zone honestly, out of 24 hours (power sharing - one day on one day off) we get power for up to 20-22 hours uninterrupted most times. I guess that addition of spillage gas really helped
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by hillsate: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2014
Every year at the peak of rainy season power generation improves because there is enough water at the dams.
What annoys me is that the government always uses that period of improved generation to spread propaganda that they are working.
IT IS FOOLISH OF ANYONE TO BELIEVE WHATEVER THIS MINISTER IS SAYING OF STEADY SUPPLY OF POWER IN OCTOBER.

The more bad news is that after the one week of artificially improved power supply we are back to darkness again.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2014
YoursGEJ: Dem don come again. Can't these people just shut up and actually achieve something first before opening their foul mouths for crying out loud?

They can't. They have to announce and celebrate themselves for what they haven't done yet, then wait for everyone to forget what they said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by acenazt: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2014
omenka: Errrm, wait make the rains stop to fall before you celebrate oo, say, from december like this!!

When dat time come wey water levels don drop, and we go back to 2500MW and 2hrs daily supply, dem go begin dey gist us how Buhari and Tinubu dem stroll go Sapele, Warri, Escravos, and Utuoke, go burst gas pipelines!!

Just dey watch!
lmao tru talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by unapologetic: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2014
poiZon:

dont compare south africa to nigeria cos na whites de run thngs for that country, they have more whites in sensitive positions of power than blacks. blacks just resumed duties not too long ago. if we really need resructuring i think what we need is recall our colonialist to help us fix d country just like they did in south africa.
hv u read abt angola with per capita income of more than 20,000 dols per citizen, but that country is still strugling, why? cos black man is cursed. we hv this mentality of superiority, being better than d next neigbour, not wanting to be competed with, n not knowng how to make good policies that will culminate to change. copying the western policies n western curricula yet still we r still backward.
why not be ourselves, use our GOD GIVEN ABILITIES TO FIX thngs than always copying, adopting western policies.

last bullet..........as am typing these rubbish i dey vex with light here for school road, uyo. i no get wetin to use am do again.

I do not really buy the mentality that the black man is cursed. have seen alot of black people out-shined the white folks in major fields . we are more brilliant than they are but the only problem is that we wouldn't just do the right thing at the right time... na u dey enjoy light o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by unapologetic: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's the perfect description. They've so impressed themselves with their lies, they never bother to make it come true.

They should all be deployed to sambisa
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by addey44: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
deeobserver209: Light has improved substantially in some areas. Certain areas enjoy about 18 hours of electricity a day. But a lot more still needs to be done.
God bless Nigeria.
That's true. We enjoy that much in Osogbo for some time now.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by addey44: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2014
iGeneral: I don't believe this. The minister's nose alone will consume 1 mega watt of electricity
Haba! Do you need electric power to breathe?
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Timijo(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2014
MANGAM: Same old story
Don't give up on Nigeria electricity but be optimistic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benefits Of Being On Nairaland. / Shocking! This Young Man Harshly Grabbing D Lady's Breast! / Pepsi Truck Crashes After A Brake Failure, This Morning, In Agbani, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.