Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ (1889 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2014
A domestic accident that
disfigured 35-year-old Asma’u
Sabuwa’s face also cost her
marriage of 15 years, as her
husband of many years sent her
packing from her matrimonial
home while she was still in
hospital fighting for her life,
Weekly Trust reports.
She was rushing to ensure that
her husband had iftar
(breaking of fast meal) at the
right time and was therefore
oblivious of any danger lurking
around. As she moved into her
kitchen to add the necessary
ingredients to the jollof rice she
was cooking, she stepped on a
slippery mango seed. This
mango ball has now changed
the life of Asma’u Sabuwa, 35,
for the worse.
“It was around 5:15 pm and the
rice was boiling on the stove. As
I stepped on that mango seed, I
fell, hitting the pot of boiling
rice and its contents poured on
my face,” Asma’u recounted
with tears rolling down her
cheeks.
Since that incident, life has
never been the same for her.
She was alone in the house
when the accident occurred,
and as such there was no body
to come to her immediate
rescue.
“It was after sometime that a
little girl who came to my house
to buy palm oil checked the
kitchen and saw me writhing in
pain on the floor. She therefore,
raised an alarm that attracted
people to the kitchen. I was
taken to my room and because
we live in a village, I was left in
that condition till the following
day without any treatment.
Obviously, nobody had given
me any chance of survival,
perhaps, that informed the
decision of my remaining at
home without any attempt for
treatment,” Asma’u said.
For nearly a month she
remained at home receiving
local treatment as nobody
thought of taking her to a
conventional hospital in view of
the severity of the burns she
suffered.
“I spent about 28 days in that
condition receiving local
medication before I was taken
to the Ahmadu Bello University
Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) in
Shika, Zaria. For all these days,
my husband and family
employed the services of a
native doctor, largely because of
the fact that they could not foot
my hospital bills,” a flustered
Asma’u said.
But as she continued receiving
local treatment in her
matrimonial home, her mother
requested her relocate to her
father’s house in Baili, a village
in Soba local government area
of Kaduna State, for further
treatment. Asma’u’s husband,
Malam Adamu Yusuf, who also
lived in Baili, was reluctant to
approve the request.
According to her, he preferred
that she remained in his house
while he continued “doing his
best.” However, Asma’u decided
on her own to move to her
father’s house. While there,
decision to take her to hospital
was reached. Therefore,
members of her family had to
sell some of their belongings to
enable them foot the hospital
bills.
“At the hospital, the doctors
queried why it took us that long
before seeking for medical
assistance. At the end, they
admitted us. The first round of
treatment cost us about N135,
0000. My family sold out their
farm produce including the
goats I was rearing to enable us
raise the money. This was
followed by other rounds of
treatment,” Asma’u explained.
It was while she was still on
hospital bed that Asma’u
received the “shocker of life.”
One day, Yusuf visited her at
ABUTH and Asma’u was very
excited to see him, having
missed her husband for some
days, she recalled.
“I was excited when I saw him,
because at that time he had not
been to the hospital for some
days. We began discussing
about normal issues of life. At
the end, Yusuf let the cat out of
the bag. His preamble before he
handed the divorce letter to me
made me more devastated. I
was terribly shocked to the
extent of contemplating suicide.
It was the refusal of doctors and
nurses in the ward to allow me
move downstairs that saved the
situation. I was wondering how
could the person that I have
spent more than 15 years with
divorce me because I became a
victim of destiny. This is my
story. I am now a divorcee as
well as a patient at ABUTH. It is
only Allah that can take me out
of this condition,” a tearful
Asma’u said. The shock divorce
came about three months after
she had moved back to her
father’s house.
Still weeping, she added that: “I
have nobody to depend on
except Allah. I thank Him for
not allowing me to commit
suicide. I am now worthless as
far as my husband is concerned.
My father doesn’t have the
capacity to foot my medical bills
and the hospital has lined up
different operations for me to
regain my health.”
Weekly Trust made several
attempts to speak with Asma’u’s
husband, Yusuf, including a
visit to his village, Baili without
success.
However, a close associate of
Yusuf, who doesn’t want to be
named, explained some of the
reasons that informed Asma’u’s
divorce.
“Adamu did his best while his
wife was receiving treatment at
home and even the wife can
attest to that. As a husband, he
deserves some respect from the
family of his wife, but they
insisted that Asma’u had to
move to her father’s house. Yet,
when they took that decision,
he continued doing his best
while she was with her family,”
Yusuf’s associate said.
“But the most annoying aspect
of the whole episode was how
Asma’u’s family accused him of
being insensitive to her plight.
It became a talk of the village.
This is why he decided to
divorce her to give her a chance
to be on her own since her
family were not appreciating his
efforts,” he added.
Asma’u, who still lives with her
parents, sustained the injuries
during the Ramadan of 2011
and since then she has been
trying hard to regain full fitness,
but she needs a series of
surgeries to repair her badly
damaged face.
Her marriage with Yusuf was
blessed with six children, but
four are late. Asma’u’s
treatment in ABUTH is now at a
standstill largely because of her
inability to foot the bills,
Weekly Trust learnt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by bennyrazz: 8:10am On Aug 30, 2014
wetin kan be our own business

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2014
bennyrazz: wetin kan be our own business

I just taya oo
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by purplesummer(f): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2014
Since 2011 and she's still in the hospital?
Oya show us a picture of her face angry
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by cococandy(f): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2014
He needs to get rid of the scar face so that he can marry a younger wife. No time. undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2014
True love. undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by ahnie: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
awa own business be say...the lady is suffering and she needs help.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by SAMBARRY: 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
The kinds of men some women marry this days ehen undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wetin KAN be ur business Until I understand ur pidgin english,then I will answer U!

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
SAMBARRY: The kinds of men some women marry this days ehen undecided

Seriously it surprises the devil no be smallcheesycheesy,that pic is funny. Even if the man don't want to marry her again because of his reasons,coming to the hospital to divorce her isn't wise @all. Too badundecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by SAMBARRY: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
priscaoge:
Seriously it surprises the devil no be smallcheesycheesy,that pic is funny. Even if the man don't want to marry her again because of his reasons,coming to the hospital to divorce her isn't wise @all. Too badundecided
as in ehen.the kinds of alarming tales I read on nl I wonder whether there are still normal men in naija.if its not justifying paedophilia its justifying rape or justifying reasons to dump the wife when it's not genuine but if it's the other way round. I for don read biatch Like 50times undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
SAMBARRY: as in ehen.the kinds of alarming tales I read on nl I wonder whether there are still normal men in naija.if its not justifying paedophilia its justifying rape or justifying reasons to dump the wife when it's not genuine but if it's the other way round. I for don read biatch Like 50times undecided
The kind of things that happens these days always make me to wonder if these people really have any conscience.
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by SAMBARRY: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
priscaoge:
The kind of things that happens these days always make me to wonder if these people really have any conscience.
i am telling you. Like kanwulia will say "another one Don cam o" grin

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by bennyrazz: 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
ahnie: awa own business be say...the lady is suffering and she needs help.
then you guyz can start helping her by contributing money not talk about the deed that as been done.
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by bennyrazz: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
priscaoge:
Wetin KAN be ur business Until I understand ur pigeon english,then I will answer U!
Babe, I no no say pigeon get English ooo grin by the way its pidgin English, all dis ajebo pikin sef grin
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
bennyrazz: Babe, I no no say pigeon get English ooo grin by the way its pidgin English, all dis ajebo pikin sef grin
Thanks for d correction!

4 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by AtheistD(m): 12:50am On Sep 01, 2014
Difficult situation. He should have stuck through and waited for her to recover before making a decision. How can anyone abandon someone in such a situation. The physical and mental anguish she must be going through.

3 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 01, 2014
Humans!.
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by AdamaziShuga(f): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2014
AtheistD: Difficult situation. He should have stuck through and waited for her to recover before making a decision. How can anyone abandon someone in such a situation. The physical and mental anguish she must be going through.
Seriously. The man just doubled her pains.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2014
SAMBARRY: The kinds of men some women marry this days ehen undecided

grin grin grin he obviously fell in love with and married a beautiful woman, but after the burns sad sad sad he realised he didn't really love her. ..whatever happened to for better for worse angry angry

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2014
iwakolewa:

grin grin grin he obviously fell in love with and married a beautiful woman, but after the burns sad sad sad he realised he didn't really love her. ..whatever happened to for better for worse angry angry
Lmaocheesycheesy...U might be rightcheesy. That she disobeyed him or what d family said about him might not just be d only reason for his action,there is more to it. This is what happens when U marry because she's pretty or because he is Rich.
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by passionate88: 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
If him dey house divorce her, na una go first dey shout say he couldn't even face her to inform her of the divorce. Women!.
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by priscaoge(f): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
passionate88: If him dey house divorce her, na una go first dey shout say he couldn't even face her to inform her of the divorce. Women!.
What is ur point?undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by passionate88: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
What is ur point?undecidedundecided
Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by chineloSA(f): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
I feel your pain mama. God is your strength and he will see you through. As for the man, leave him to God, he will sort him out.

Just wondering what was a mango seed doing on her floor. What type of a kitchen is that?? shocked shocked

It may have been destiny. Though it could have been avoided by tidiness. undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by abinoam: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Whew! What an unreasonable SOB undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ by shizzleStar: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
Really?

(1) (Reply)

Wives, How Long Is Too Long? / Whose Death Was The Most Painful? / Strange Calls,should I Suspect Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.