Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course (28693 Views)

Pictures Of Uniben Lecturers Protesting The Insincerity Of FG On ASUU STRIKE / ASUU Vows Not To Enter Into Negotiation With Fg On 2009 Agreement / Strike: ASUU, Ansu On Collision Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by fonkiee: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
what's their own, they will still collect complete school fees whenever they resume now!
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Chinom(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
slap1: Those accusing private school owners of greed clearly miss the point. Whether schools open in September or October, the students MUST pay the school fees IN FULL!
A child that doesn't contract Ebola in school can as well do so in churches. The best method would have been to distribute hand sanitizers to schools and give orientation on Ebola preventive measures.

You must be one of the greedy private school owners or teacher. In the church, i will be with my 5 year old. I will decide who he will touch. Kids don't play in my church anyway. At school i will have to rely on you greedy bunch of teachers to look after him in a class filled with children his age. I know how indifferent you lot are.

Insisting that fees must be paid in full is just wishful thinking. Any regular street in Lagos has at least 10 private schools. Especially for basic education. Schools will have to negotiate with parents whenever schools resume or lose half their pupils and students.
DO NOT COMPARE THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT WITH THE CHURCH OR MARKET ENVIRONMENT. My kids don't go to the market at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by AjaoMT2: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
it is easy for the school owners to proffer the use of hand sanitizers as solution. Many private schools might probably carry this out. What about the public schools? Do they think that they will be that painstaking with the measures they have proffered? In one of the popular boarding schools in Nigeria last term, only one student brought "apolo" to school. Almost all the students were infected including the head of the school, a Colonel. That was just "apolo." Do they think we have the resources, patience and knowledge to manage ebola right now? Many students have gone to different parts of the country for their holidays. Don't we think that they can be easy vectors of the disease should school resume now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by acada111(f): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
creamylicious: Just as I thot. They must fight this to finish oooooo. Wetin sef!!! They just rendered us jobless for some months. Standard schools knw beta and have taken precautionary measures b4 this stupid extension came up.

I believe it's a one pupil per class measure, abi?
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Chinom:

You must be one of the greedy private school owners or teacher. In the church, i will be with my 5 year old. I will decide who he will touch. Kids don't play in my church anyway. At school i will have to rely on you greedy bunch of teachers to look after him in a class filled with children his age. I know how indifferent you lot are.

Insisting that fees must be paid in full is just wishful thinking. Any regular street in Lagos has at least 10 private schools. Especially for basic education. Schools will have to negotiate with parents whenever schools resume or lose half their pupils and students.
DO NOT COMPARE THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT WITH THE CHURCH OR MARKET ENVIRONMENT. My kids don't go to the market at all.
Don't call me greedy. You don't know me. I merely stated my opinion and suggestion. You think you can't go out, get the virus and transmit same to your kids?

You seem to be the greedy one as you appear ready to negotiate your kids school fees just because they may possibly miss a month of school work.

Government should provide hand sanitizers to enable us protect ourselves wherever we can possibly mix with people.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by ogaronye(f): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Private school owners value money more than the welfare of their teachers and pupils. They are all selfish and self centered.

They compare schools to market and church. How many little children. have freedom to play around in such places as they do in school.

I pity any teacher that will side them, because its the children and classroom teachers that will fall victims if their is any outbreak of such virus in the school.

Head teachers and school owners will not have body contact with any of them, which makes them stay safe.

We are talking about life of many. The school fee is still the same. So no money is lost.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by wawaboy1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
wen the thing happen now they will blame gej. na so chibok issue start.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by creamylicious(f): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
acada111:

I believe it's a one pupil per class measure, abi?
even health workers don't have that ratio NA
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Afrilogistics: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
slap1: Don't call me greedy. You don't know me. I merely stated my opinion and suggestion. You think you can't go out, get the virus and transmit same to your kids?

You seem to be the greedy one as you appear ready to negotiate your kids school fees just because they may possibly miss a month of school work.

Government should provide hand sanitizers to enable us protect ourselves wherever we can possibly mix with people.

In your other post, the way you emphasized ' MUST' and 'FULL' shows that you are somehow connected with private schools. Well, our collective health goes first before your school fees and salaries. Any school that disobeys the order will be closed down for a long time. Period.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by sarutobie(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
I can bet you a lot of those "teachers" gulped down a good quantity of nacl solution a few weeks ago.and just like some deluded nairalanders here living in self denial who say ebola is just hoax...who knows, some of the "teachers" probably believe its a hoax or simply feel (like a lot of nigerians) that the money is worth the lives of these children.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by BCJAY(f): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
The school owners should just be patient since we aqre still paying full fee even if they resume in November:. Thanks to the govt for this measure my kids scchool is full boarding hey God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bad market for school owners. Good avenue for private/home tutors.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by acada111(f): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
creamylicious: even health workers don't have that ratio NA

It's easier for you to say because you teach in a private school. In government schools, we have over 50 students, per class-room. Imagine what will happen if three infected students play, eat and hold hands with the others. The outbreak will be crazy and almost impossible to contain because when a child gets infected at school, he goes home and innocently spreads it to the whole family.
I do feel the pain of private school teachers though (taught private for about four years before I got a government appointment) because I know some schools won't pay September salary and the ones with human sympathy might pay half. All the same, great move by the Federal government, it is well.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Afrilogistics:

In your other post, the way you emphasized ' MUST' and 'FULL' shows that you are somehow connected with private schools. Well, our collective health goes first before your school fees and salaries. Any school that disobeys the order will be closed down for a long time. Period.
I emphasized that to make people see it's not really about money for private school owners.
I get your point though, and I hope the government fights this battle effectively.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Acidosis: Bad market for school owners. Good avenue for private/home tutors.
Haha. How many parents actually value private tutoring these days? Plus the time isn't long enough to make money from private lessons.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Acidosis(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
The move is unintelligent smiley

What is the probability that government will wipe out ebola before Mid-October?
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Acidosis(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
slap1: Haha. How many parents actually value private tutoring these days? Plus the time isn't long enough to make money from private lessons.
Some parents still value private tutors. 1month and 2 weeks is enough to impact something, brother.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by acada111(f): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
kackar22: Why are the public schools not complaining?

Lol.....Why we go complain?
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Acidosis:
Some parents still value private tutors. 1month and 2 weeks is enough to impact something, brother.
Sure.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Acidosis: The move is unintelligent smiley

What is the probability that government will wipe out ebola before Mid-October?
I relayed the information to one middle-aged woman and she asked whether October 13th is the expiry date of Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by rutibaby(f): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls, FG should still take his stand on this. Do they know wat it means 2 provide hand sanitizers 4 public & private schools?

So they want our schools 2 turn into a quarantine center.

I'm a teacher & I don't care if I'm not been paid 4 Sept. my health is important compared 2 money.

What if those children who went on holiday@ their uncle's & aunt houses have d virus already?

Pls, safety is necessary.

I stand wit d FG on dis. NAPPS & just want 2 make money. Mind u, 1st Oct. is just around d corner (an avenue 4 making money).

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by rutibaby(f): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Acidosis:

Good talk. I'm a home tutor dats y I'm not bothered. I can still make my money 4 Sept. since school won't re-open soon.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Acidosis(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
slap1: I relayed the information to one middle-aged woman and she asked whether October 13th is the expiry date of Ebola.
ahahahahaha cheesy

I really wish we can set expiry dates for ebola and HIV cheesy
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Acidosis(m): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
rutibaby:

Good talk. I'm a home tutor dats y I'm not bothered. I can still make my money 4 Sept. since school won't re-open soon.
Yes, ma'am
Some parents are ready to spend anything just to make sure their wards succeed.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by landg: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
[code][/code]All pupils n students must stay at home fullstop...Manage last term's fee till next mnt or access Loan..Though I was glad my toddler wil b starting sch fr d 1st tym..Really want hr to learn n play with peer bt her safety is my priority
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by otukpo(f): 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
It baffles me how some persons think.
The market is not for children while in church, the children are with their parents or guardians.

The university is for adults.
The FG has taken a good step just for the safety of us all and some of us are still complaining.

How do u begin to teach a five or 7 yr old not to touch or play with another child in school. Even a sick child in class may hav the mates gather around him/her to sympathise..

For those that are asking what parents will do about children having to stay extra one month
I ask them; what has the parents been doing since July that they can't do for another one month or even till December if the need arises.

I prefer to have my children alive and safe than dead with all the education in the world.

My opinion though.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by xtremrules(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
APContherun: Have the private schools owners considered what will happen should markets close down? In a situation such as we find ourselves now, market is more essential than school now so no need comparing the two. As for religious houses, the govt can't conveniently close them down given how "religious" we Nigerians are, thus the much it can do is partner with their leaders on the best way possible. The Catholic Church for instance has banned handshakes during the rite of peace and other measures already taken and the measures are being adhered to. Can these little kids be expected to abide by such measures at school? Certainly not.
I feel the pains of the schools owners but also feel they should make this sacrifice for the sake of their students/pupils.
So the kids are abiding to these rules about sanity at home? So far you can't control their action in school, u can't control it while they are in public places like play field , market, etc. In fact they are more likely to contact in these public places than at school. There is no logical reason why schools should resume on October.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by sapientia(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
If a student contacts it now or more.. They will blame jonathan for allowing the schools to resume.. Am very sure their own kids aint in the same schools..

I support what Goverment is doing.. This kids may not be able to take d adequate cautions as adults can.

Kudos to the Federal Government.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Rapmoney(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
creamylicious: one hundred teacher kisses for you jawe. The kiss will teach you many things ;Done hundred teacher kisses for you jawe. The kiss will teach you many things

Hmmm...thnks for d kisses
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
xtremrules:
So the kids are abiding to these rules about sanity at home? So far you can't control their action in school, u can't control it while they are in public places like play field , market, etc. In fact they are more likely to contact in these public places than at school. There is no logical reason why schools should resume on October.
How many times do your little kids go to the market? What do they even go to the market to buy? You can as I have done stop your children from going to play fields but can you stop them from mixing and playing with their mates/friends at school? The govt is only doing the least it can to contain the epidemic.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by auhanson(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
orirebaby: Am not sure this private school owners know wat they are saying.

Kids stay at home and are healthy , but once they go to school they keep coming home with all sort of contracted ailment; fever, cold, cough, and running noses that we the parent had to contain with, how much more these critical period. God forbid.

God forbid bad thing, their crave for money will not expose our kids, especially the babes/kindergarten that knows nothing next to hygiene to any dreaded epidermic to create any possible outbreak IJN!! If they like let them resume, but my kids will stay at home. Ever since they have remain at home, they are on top health, no more running in/out of health centre/clinics for running nose and all sort of rubbish, which might even be too dangerous doing at these critical period.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by seunlo1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
I think some of this so called teachers and skool owners are just fools who knows nothing,but selfcentered creatures with bad genes and greed...........

For crying out loud dis wide killing virus is not a joke,it can kill a whole family if contacted by our littles ones,the littles don't really understand/knows much,they are the one's always responsible for bringing miseals,Apolo(conjucvites)home most time.........

Most affected doctors/nurses/parents have kids in different skools too,will transfer to their kids @home,the kids takes it to skools and with little or no time its spreads/crawls into various homes,from different homes now to immediate families and friends.....

THINK THE......cause and effects...........(logicians here)

Someone was asking why the churches and the market places too were not shut down?...........my own answer to that is this so called places are gathering where full grown adults operates,they know how to manage dere selves properly either by avoiding some sets of people or wearing hand gloves or better still uses hand sanitizer time to time,but that not so with the kids,they play with any of there friends during break/b4 break sef.......jump/play ball together/rub dere body's together and sweat profusely.

I think what the government too shud do on their part is to quickly take proactive methods to curbs dis Ebola spread and not just keep extending resumption dates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree / Akomolafe Olatunji, Nigerian Philantropist, Donates To 300 Kids In South Africa / Nigerian Army Reconstructs Collapsed ATBU Bridge (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.