Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized (854 Views)

Photo: Soldiers In China Work Together To Form A Human Bridge / Bayer’s CEO: New Cancer Drugs Are Only For Western Patients.... / Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized – Not A Human Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by giannis84(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
http://www.truth-code.com/2014/06/nestle-ceo-water-is-not-human-right.html

Is water a free and basic human right, or should all the water on the planet belong to major corporations and be treated as a product? Should the poor who cannot afford to pay these said corporations suffer from starvation due to their lack of financial wealth? According to the former CEO and now Chairman of the largest food product manufacturer in the world, corporations should own every drop of water on the planet — and you’re not getting any unless you pay up.

See more at: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized

Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Ezedon(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Its only some Animals in Human skin can make such statement

3 Likes

Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by sod09(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
na God go punish am
all in d name of making money
d air his breathing should be limited and privatize

2 Likes

Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by freshness2020: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
If no be say I D̶̲̅ε̲̣y fear God I for say ♈όϋ D̶̲̅ε̲̣y mad!
Make God nor hear this rubbish for Ūя̲̅ mouth again...Last warning !
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by holyboss: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
All ds oyinbo ppl sef shocked
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is not true.

He has been misunderstood.

1 Like

Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
carefreewannabe: This is not true.

He has been misunderstood.

Let them believe what they want.
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by nora544: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Does Nestlé Chairman Peter Brabeck-Letmathe believe that water is a human right?

Yes. Peter Brabeck-Letmathe thinks that water is a human right and that everyone, everywhere in the world, has the right to clean, safe water for drinking and sanitation.
But what does he mean when he says that water isn't 'free'?

Mr Brabeck supports the United Nations' view that ‘there is enough freshwater on the planet for seven billion people, but it is distributed unevenly and too much of it is wasted, polluted and unsustainably managed’.

According to UN Water, water scarcity already affects every continent. Around 1.2 billion people, or almost one-fifth of the world's population, live in areas of physical water scarcity, and 500 million people are approaching this situation.

Mr Brabeck has always argued that everyone should have free access to the water they need for drinking and sanitation, wherever they are in the world.

However, he does not believe it is fair that more than two billion people worldwide lack even a simple toilet, and more than one billion have no access to any kind of improved drinking source of water, while in other parts of the world people can use excess amounts of this precious and increasingly scarce resource for non-essential purposes, without bearing a cost for its infrastructure.

http://www.nestle.com/aboutus/ask-nestle/answers/nestle-chairman-peter-brabeck-letmathe-believes-water-is-a-human-right
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Apatheist:
Let them believe what they want.

It is not about belief. It is about knowledge.
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by okotv(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
strange but true....eleyi gidi gan
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is not about belief. It is about knowledge.
Try explaining to them.
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Apatheist:
Try explaining to them.

Do not believe everything you hear or read easily. Question every source. Double-check every piece of information.

I have tried wink
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Do not believe everything you hear or read easily. Question every source. Double-check every piece of information.

I have tried wink
I know it is not true.
I was talking about people like these:
freshness202.0:

If no be say I D̶̲̅ε̲̣y fear God I for say ♈όϋ D̶̲̅ε̲̣y mad!
Make God nor hear this rubbish for Ūя̲̅ mouth again...Last
warning !
sod0.9:

na God go punish am
all in d name of making money
d air his breathing should be limited and privatize
Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Apatheist:
I know it is not true.
I was talking about people like these:

And I was trying to explain it to them. wink

1 Like

Re: Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized by gatiano(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
For over 80 years now, the truth has come to light that the caucasian man is the devil, satan. outside this fact, all other sayings is a fiction. the caucasians know that they are the devil. it has always been the blackman(sleeping man) which in fact is a God in his uprightness, that will deny the fact that the devil is the whiteman. i can't prove if this man actually made that comment, but the fact that water is not free in not new.

Now what does he mean if he infact he made that statements, first lets look at the catastrophic events in the world over, there are already many earthquakes on a daily basis, that people are getting used to it, the drought is so much across the americas, europe and the pacific, india, asia, africa included. ( but in africa, it is due to our laziness and niggardliness that prevents us from having access to portable water, thus africa still have vast reserves of under rock water and lakes). what this man is saying in coded messages is "they need the african water, by force! they will pay up our clueless leaders with 10 years visas with their families, and the people of africa (the blackman dies of thirst) afterall he doesn't have money to buy it. digging of wells will be prohibited. or you will pay heavily to dig your well and monthly. but unsafe water will be readily available, it will cost you kerosene, gas or firewood to purify it.

that is the devil right directly in YOUR FACE! Go on defend him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Israeli Government To Refugees: Go Back To Africa Or Go To Prison / BUHARI: The Celebrity President / Hillary Clinton Has Been Given A Birthday Surprise From Her Staff Today In Her H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.