Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! (667 Views)

Quoting A Post From A Thread To Another?? / Seun Why Is Antisp*mbot Banning Me For Quoting? / Suen - Please Delete My Posts With Phone # (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by texanomaly(f): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
My fellow Nairalanders,

Do you have to quote the entire post with everyone else's ID in it

Are you annoyed by the mention feature lately? I really liked it till people started using it to get more views and to bring more people to their threads. Then someone has to quote that post. Why have people taken something helpful and turned it into such a big pain?!

@ Seun

Any suggestions? Can anything be done about this ridiculous trend of tagging a bunch of people then someone quoting that person over and over?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
what they need is at least a 24hr ban for "unnecessary mentions". And the original poster of such posts should be given a week ban. They don't only do this to attract traffics. Some bore trolls do this whenever a thread have a lot of viewers(especially in sport section).

1 Like

Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by cirmuell(m): 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lmao grin I feel your pain...some times post like that are removed by mods or is it the bot(i mean those that tag to get viewers). I think this is more about the people though. Seun, they need orientation & warning!
Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
I think what can be done, as first suggested by dygeasy in a post, is that the original poster should put all d names(monikers) in a quote.

This is how it should be done. Logdwhiz, Texanomaly, Dygeasy and so on.

With this no one will get to mention the monikers again...

Peace.
Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by Dygeasy(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Idrismusty97: what they need is at least a 24hr ban for "unnecessary mentions". And the original poster of such posts should be given a week ban. They don't only do this to attract traffics. Some bore trolls do this whenever a thread have a lot of viewers(especially in sport section).
Literature section people too do it. It's very annoying I tell you lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dygeasy: Literature section people too do it. It's very annoying I tell you lipsrsealed
For those trying to attract the "tagged moniker" to their thread. They can do it in a more matured way by engulfing all the tagged names with these "<quote></quote>" ……… Whoever they are inviting should be place in between that special characters. It would appear like this;
Dog, mouse, cat, rat, sheep, pig, goat etc
↑ That way people won't be able to quote everything. The people that should be banned are those doing it for fun! It is annoying.

Note: Those "<>" signs should be replaced with these "[" "]".
Re: Stop Quoting Posts With Multiple "Tags"!!! by texanomaly(f): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dygeasy: Literature section people too do it. It's very annoying I tell you lipsrsealed

Yes they do. It's become the lastest "thing to do" in any section. angry

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There More Widows Than Widowers / What We Share In Common / Shekau Still Alive, No Negotiation To Release Chibok Girls - Salkida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.