Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) (4975 Views)

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Innoson Rolls Out 500 Made In Nigeria Cars Today / New Cars Coming To Thrill You In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
ROSSIKE:

''His plant, he says, utilizes 60 per cent of local content which encompasses bodies, tyres seats, batteries, rubber, plastic and other polymer products, light fittings, among other components.

His manufacturing businesses have employed well over 7,000 workers out of which only 30 are expatriates. While some of the staff were poached from ANAMCO, others were trained abroad as such technical capacity is no worry for the Industrialist as he has also forged a strong working relationship with the Chinese government.

Chief Chukwuma is building an automotive manufacture training school very close to his vehicle rolling plant. To him, this will spread the knowhow and ‘’ I can employ from there, others can employ from there. I am not a monopolist you know. I want this sector to grow so we can take the world.’’''

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/innoson-promoting-local-industry-productivity/

If you DO import the parts for a belt and use those parts to build a belt, you have manufactured a belt. The labour, know-how, and capital required to create a belt out of disparate pieces constitutes value.

You are dumb beyond repair. Here is a list of car plants across the world. As stated earlier they are known officially as 'car assembly plants' all over the world. I know you will ignore this again and continue spewing your illiterate, beer parlour garbage. Olodo rabata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_assembly_plants

What garbage. Technically, there is no such thing as ''producing a car''. You DESIGN a car. You CONCEPTUALISE a car. You MANUFACTURE a car etc. What we are discussing here is MANUFACTURING. Very few if any car manufacturing plants have anything to do with ''market study, parts manufacturing, design'' etc. Those are totally separated aspects of the process leading up to the release of a vehicle.

My God you're dense. So Nigeria doesn't produce electricity. It is the companies that produce it, correct? I think you need to see a psychiatrist. Next thing you will say is Nigeria doesn't have roads, since they were built by Julius Berger.

You just confirmed my point.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
ketoprofen: ROSSIKE, I couldn't have pur it better.
I don't know why it peppers some people that one of their own is doing sth.

I am very happy for the success of INNOSON, but Nigeria is not a car producing country. Twist the words as you want, Innoson is an assembler for the chinese car manufacturer, GAC.

Until INNOSON conceives, designs and produces parts, it is an assembler. A successful one, no doubt. But still an assembler of someone else's parts.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by Ikenna351(m): 4:11am On Sep 02, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I am very happy for the success of INNOSON, but Nigeria is not a car producing country. Twist the words as you want, Innoson is an assembler for the chinese car manufacturer, GAC.

Until INNOSON conceives, designs and produces parts, it is an assembler. A successful one, no doubt. But still an assembler of someone else's parts.

If I may ask you, what do you know about car production? Can you name one Automobile company that produces everything in their cars? Just name one company. That's all I am asking. Is it Benz or BMW? More than half of car companies all over the world don't produce transmissions they put in their cars, including engines. Most Peugeot Diesel engines were used and are still used by Ford and other car companies. Those that make those cars Peugeot cars? Even the then Peugeot 505 Turbos, those engines in them were not produced by Peugeot. But they got Peugeot badges on them. To make it easier for you, who produces brake pads you find in cars? The car brand? What about sensors, electronics and other components in cars? What about tyres? What about headlights. In fact, even designing of cars before they are produced are outsourced. How come your car left showroom with Denso spark plugs, Bosch parts, Sagem ignition coils, Michelin tyres, ZF auto transmissions, etc? So you think everything in Toyota cars were made by Toyota? You think all the transmissions in Toyota cars were made by Toyota? What exactly is your definition of production? So if the foreign Automobile companies could do the same, why do you find it hard to see it the same with IVM?

All Lions produced by PAN is made in Nigeria, even though they are French cars. All Nokia produced in China are made in China, even though they are Finnish technology and company.

And finally, the great Aristotle said and I quote " Imitation is the mother of invention". Nothing seems to be new on Earth anymore. Rather, unique.

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Ikenna351:

If I may ask you, what do you know about car production? Can you name one Automobile company that produces everything in their cars? Just name one company. That's all I am asking. Is it Benz or BMW? More than half of car companies all over the world don't produce transmissions they put in their cars, including engines. Most Peugeot Diesel engines were used and are still used by Ford and other car companies. Those that make those cars Peugeot cars? Even the then Peugeot 505 Turbos, those engines in them were not produced by Peugeot. But they got Peugeot badges on them. To make it easier for you, who produces brake pads you find in cars? The car brand? What about sensors, electronics and other components in cars? What about tyres? What about headlights. In fact, even designing of cars before they are produced are outsourced. How come your car left showroom with Denso spark plugs, Bosch parts, Sagem ignition coils, Michelin tyres, ZF auto transmissions, etc? So you think everything in Toyota cars were made by Toyota? You think all the transmissions in Toyota cars were made by Toyota? What exactly is your definition of production? So if the foreign Automobile companies could do the same, why do you find it hard to see it the same with IVM?

All Lions produced by PAN is made in Nigeria, even though they are French cars. All Nokia produced in China are made in China, even though they are Finnish technology and company.

And finally, the great Aristotle said and I quote " Imitation is the mother of invention". Nothing seems to be new on Earth anymore. Rather, unique.

Ikenna

So you agree that IVM vehicles are Chinese cars. Good.

And aristotle never said such nonsense.
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by DECOtech(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: So, they are actually manufacturers and not producers. mtcheeew.

my people still celebrating mediocrity.
please oh, what's the difference between putting a dog on a leash and putting a leash on a dog?
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2014
DECOtech: please oh, what's the difference between putting a dog on a leash and putting a leash on a dog?

You put a dog that deserves it on a leash. You put a leash on a dog because you have nothing better to do.
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by idoncome: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2014
@alfaseltzer i tink u need to gv urself some break n den come back to read thru d thread once more, only den u will neva like to showcase ur igno..... wink

1 Like

Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2014
idoncome: @alfaseltzer i tink u need to gv urself some break n den come back to read thru d thread once more, only den u will neva like to showcase ur igno..... wink

yeah. ignorance is bliss. keep wallowing in it.

60% my arrse
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by idoncome: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

yeah. ignorance is bliss. keep wallowing in it.

60% my arrse
; sorry eeh grin grin grin grin
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by omar22(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

You put a dog that deserves it on a leash. You put a leash on a dog because you have nothing better to do.

hmm
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by omar22(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
DECOtech: please oh, what's the difference between putting a dog on a leash and putting a leash on a dog?

The different is the dog could run away then you have to look for another dog to put the leash on.... these are one of the things that led to the collapse of Rover
Re: INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) by DECOtech(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
omar22:

The different is the dog could run away then you have to look for another dog to put the leash on.... these are one of the things that led to the collapse of Rover
How do you mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Brilliance Of The Toyota Pencil Light / Does Lexus Rx330 Have V4 Engine / My Nissan Premera 2.0 Is Consuming More Fuel ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.