Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

(a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. (958 Views)

A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK / Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Neldrizzy(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hope Aiyo, one of the “jobless Nigerian graduates,” urges the Ministry of Labour and Productivity, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria to address the problems of unemployed Nigerian youths.
Hope Aiyo, a self-described “jobless Nigerian graduate,” penned an article entitled The Cry of a Frustrated Graduate. The article focuses on the problems of Nigerian youths and the reluctance of Nigerian government agencies to address the multiple issues.
I would like to reach out to the concerned government agencies to inform them of the problems that Nigerian graduates have to face every day. I want to believe that this write-up will reach the concerned people in power. And maybe, after reading this, they will take actions.
It pains me to see how most of the multinational organizations hide under the umbrella of outsourcing agencies. Thus, they are able to extort the strength of the helpless and hungry Nigerian graduates. They do this while smiling to the bank with billions. The majority of these organizations, however, claim they are youth-friendly. Despite these claims, young Nigerian graduates are dying of joblessness.
Therefore, I think the Nigerian Labour law needs to be reviewed. Relevant agencies must understand that Nigerian graduates have the right to work in their own country.
I am urging Chief Emeka Ngozi Wogu, Nigerian Federal Minister of Labour and Productivity, to address these issues, together with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
The normal system of education in Nigeria is 6-3-3-4. Couple this with the usual hardships associated with the university environment. Having all this in mind, I have trouble imagining a Nigerian graduate who, after all of this, settles for an outsourced sales job for N25,000 in a company that declares more than N20 billion in dividends at the end of the year.
Nigeria is blessed with decent energetic youths ready to give their last strength for the progress of this country.
I am calling on the Nigerian youths, the Nigerian graduates. All hands must be on deck to have a country we can call our own.
President Goodluck Jonathan, Sir, please listen to our cry. Honourable Minister of Labour, Mr. Wogu, we are begging!
Why do you think Nigerian graduates face so many problems with empoyment? Is there a solution to the issue?

Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by obua: 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
Unemployment is as a result of low production and low productivity. We need to change our focus from paid jobs to creating services and products that are marketable even outside the country
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Neldrizzy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
chizzy94: Rotfl cheesycheesy
grin grin grin

Neldrizzy no kill yourself on the supposed bleak future of Nigerian graduates abeg. I no sabi why you like this matter sef, lmao.

I understand your rants and I know say you dey right to some extent.

But the fact about life na say, to prosper you gats look up to those wey done fail before and then rise up to prosperity against all odds.

Look for the positive in even the darkest of things.

No fear bro, the future is bright regardless.

E go better senior man smiley.
mee yaf said myy own own! Iwotago ?? cheesy
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Dygeasy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
chizzy94: Rotfl cheesycheesy
grin grin grin

Neldrizzy no kill yourself on the supposed bleak future of Nigerian graduates abeg. I no sabi why you like this matter sef, lmao.

I understand your rants and I know say you dey right to some extent.

But the fact about life na say, to prosper you gats look up to those wey done fail before and then rise up to prosperity against all odds.

Look for the positive in even the darkest of things.

No fear bro, the future is bright regardless.

E go better senior man smiley.
You don't get?

Neldrizzy is a fresh undergraduate. He is only agitating for a better tomorrow just for when he graduates. cool

Carry on bro grin
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Neldrizzy(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dygeasy: You don't get?

Neldrizzy is a fresh undergraduate. He is only agitating for a better tomorrow just for when he graduates. cool

Carry on bro grin
Lolll.. God bless you man! grin
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: (a Must Read) Nigeria Graduates Are Frustrated And Hopeless. by Dayjhihannon01(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
**lemme comment.** since dis d first time Op isn't posting in the romance section grin ... Nice write up....Naija Companies sucks for real....

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips For Registering For JAMB - JAMB Success Secrets / JAMB Extends Deadline For2015/2016 UTME Registration / Nigerian Custom Recruitment: To Apply For 2015/2016 Cal:_08064783604

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.