Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? (814 Views)

Photo Of The Man We All Know As Julius Berger, Who Built Our Bridges / Money Is Not Our Problem, But How To Spend It - Gowon / Do You Know Nigeria Has An Ethnic Arab Tribe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by enqrypzion(m): 9:00am On Oct 27, 2008
I've been sitting down on this computer for like hours now, reading a lot of stuffs on "Nigeria has a problem, ", "the problem with Nigeria is this, ","Nigeria is the worst developing country ever, " etc a lot of people seem to have one bad thing or the other to say about Nigeria, corruption, fraud e.t.c. but no one seems to offer any form solution, i mean, it is said that once you are able to identify the problem, its half way solved, we seem to be able to identify what the problem with Nigeria is but no one seems to have any help to the problem, we're all folding our hands and waiting for "the govt" to provide us solutions. nobody is ready to "bell the cat", i believe we're old enough to think for ourselves to lunch out and not wait to be spoon-fed, we dont have to wait for one messiah to be thrown from heaven or something i believe if we're really willing to help out in what ever way we can, we can lift this country forward. the other day i was reading somewhere,i dunno, cant remember. where pastor Adeboye was saying God told Him Nigeria was gonna become a great nation, and a lot of people were giving really disturbing comments about the man of God's statement or vision or what u might wanna call it. According to them, Pastor Adeboye was making Nigerians become lazy by saying something like that, but on the contrary, i believe actually it was a call for Nigerians to stand up and work because God has our back, He was willing to support us if we decided to make a move, make effort to do something about our present state, because the truth is like some others have put it, God is not going to drop greatness from heaven, we Nigerians will have to work out our greatness, with His help. i feel God is ready to give us all the help we require to build this nation.
We should stand up and stop waiting for the government to do it all, sometimes our leaders need help too, we may have little idea of what they are going thru just to keep us all together. yeah yeah, i know a lot of them are rather weak in there governing, they have their weaknesses, but who doesnt? all we can do is support in whatever way we can. lets not do whatever we are doing for the selfish reasons, popularity, the glory and stuff, if we are genuinely ready to add value, offer solutions without considering WIIFM?"whats in it for me" we have no idea what amount of impact we can create. what we all need is a selfless desire to make a change, if the problem really bothers u makes u sick anytime u look at it, then seek to make a change, this is our home, we dont have anywhere else to go, a lot of us have flown out and left it, now i ask myself, whom are they leaving it for, the truth is this, none of those countries out there really love u like they seem to act, truth is, only a mother truely loves her child, anoda mother can never love u like ur mother, there's always a condition attached to it, either for the gud name or something else. no foreigner will repair this country for us, everyone of them have what they are looking for here, and once they get it they're out, they only love us for what they can get from us. this is our home our land, our heritage, we cant afford to let it die. i am willing to do all i can in my life time to affect change in what so ever way i can, even if it means picking up trash from the floor and dumping them in a waste bin everyday, whatever way, no matter how small it is. remember little drops of water makes a might ocean, i believe we will be great, we have all it takes, we only need will power to do what is right, the truth is if one person begins to do what is right eventually it rubs off on others, it becomes like a domino effect, eventually you'll see the whole community doing the same thing, evryone has good in them but there is always a tendency for it to get suppressed becos of the so much ill around, the good just has to start from one person, it could be in ur families, b4 u knw it ur siblings are doin it b4 u knw it ur parent is doing it, and when they go out, they influence those around them and they begin to do it, b4 long the whole state is doing it, and trust me it spreads, u will have the nation doing it in no time and when dat is the case, a tendency for that good to trigger anoda gud is very eminent. we should be ready to pay a price, i like this saying, "the influence of a man is the course he lives for and the willingness to pay the price", we shld not pay evil for evil bcs u knw, "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind", it brings us back to the whole process again, and we'll all be moving in circles never getting anywhere. we shld see beyond the riches and what we can get, put others before us, i believe in a great Nigeria, if and only if we're all willing and ready to put our hands on deck.
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by kokorunna(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
Get rid of corrupt FIRST

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by QuotaSyste(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2008
I have always projected good solution. Divide nigeria and all your problems are solved.
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by blackspade(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Infrastructure.
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by namun(f): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2008
sovereign national conference
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by pie1ect(m): 12:51am On Oct 29, 2008

I have always projected good solution. Divide nigeria and all your problems are solved.

And what problems will this solve?
Sometimes, we tend to forget that one of the things which makes Nigeria what is, is the diversity of our culture. We are so blinded by our tribal issues that we fail to see what other people see as one of our major strength. I am sick of this "divide Nigeria" rhetoric.
And before you start to quibble, I am from an oil producing state.

I believe one solution would be to shed some of the power at the center (Fed. govt). Give more power to the regions, to the states. They were created for a reason. We have followed USA up to the point of creating a slew of states in Nigeria, but we are not willing to practice true federalism. Until we do that, there is very little chance of seeing much development in Nigeria.

This imbalance is very evident in the way the Judicial system is run in Nigeria. Major cases are rarely decided at state level, rather at Federal level. Obviously in the way the executive arm of government is run, it's also obvious that too much power is concentrated at the center. We need to shed that power.

If the states are in charge of their sources of revenue, there would be more prosperity at the grassroots level, which would translate to greater prosperity at state and Federal level. But achieving the proper balance of state and national powers in a true federal system is not a task for one generation, as most federalists would tell you.

It will not happen overnight and with the kind of leaders we have today, it will be another 4 years at least before we start moving earnestly in a direction which ultimately leads us to true federalism. The current government may set the ball rolling but it won't achieve much because serious change requires someone (or a group of people) with a different philosophy and I don't think this government has such people.
Re: Yeah Yeah, We All Know Nigeria Has A Problem, But What Solutions Can We Provide? by emotional(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2008
All wicked nigerians should turn from their evil way and learn to love one-another.LOVE is d first cure to nigeria illness.

(1) (Reply)

Efcc To Try 10 Other Ex-govs / Notorious Tony Anenih Is Back As The New Npa Chairman / Senators Recommend 80yrs Retirement Age For Supreme Court Justices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.