Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Holy Spirit As The Living Water - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit As The Living Water (430 Views)

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / 11 Ways To Receive The Holy Spirit As Per The Bible / Accept/Reject The Holy Spirit As Another Comforter If You know the nature of Fmr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Holy Spirit As The Living Water by rccgamg: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI6ONk5vdWQ

John 7:37-39
"37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
"38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
"39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)"

Water is essential to the body. Water is an essential substance to the human body.

Why is the Holy Spirit called the living Water?
The living water is the water that has life and gives out life.

We Humans are living beings because we have life.

The Holy Spirit can also be represented by Fire. This is when God wants to represent his strength and Power.

When the Holy Spirit is represented with Wind, it signifies the presence of God everywhere.

Acts 2:2
"2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting."

Today, we are looking at the Holy Spirit represented with Water. This signifies the abundant life giving power of the Holy Spirit given to us by God.

John 7:37-39
"37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
"38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
"39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)"

Thirst: When you hunger for something, when you are dissatisfied, feeling of dryness in your throat.
Jesus is inviting us to come and drink of this water.

The Holy Spirit brings peace.

John 4:14
"14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

The Living water is the kind of Water that gives life. What kind of life does this water give? Everlasting Life. Even if our physical body will die, your Spirit will live.

John 7:39

When you drink of this water that Jesus is offering you, it becomes a fountain that flows out as Rivers of living water from within you.

If you don't have this fountain in you, it cannot flow from you.
If you don't have the Holy Spirit, you cannot enjoy the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

When this fountain is within you, it begins to flow out in Prayer (Speaking in Tongues), In Songs, In Joy. It will even flow out as the fruit of the Spirit, you will have Joy, Love, Peace, Patience, Gentleness.
An example is the day of pentecost, afterwards the apostles had the boldness to preach the Gospel- That is a display of the flow of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 11:26
"26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

What kind of water is flowing through you?
Do you even have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in you?

Brethren it's never too late for you to receive the Holy Spirit through Jesus.
"The Bible says: If anyone thirst, let him come and drink."

Are you even thirsty of this living water?

http://www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

(1) (Reply)

Appreciation Moves Heaven Faster Than Prayer / I Agree With You As You Pray... / I Hate You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.