Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK (19275 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Free Online Tutorials On How To Start Importing With Little Capital / Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2014
walexsho:

Also, If you request for refund due to breach of service conditions, how will you receive it

It will go back to your card! !!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2014
Hello, on the contrary Shippyme is a great choice when it comes to shipping bulk items. We have a Business Account dedicated to giving the fastest, most affordable service to customers who ship a large quantity of items. You can get rates as low as, or even lower than $4.0 per lb ($8.8 per kg) and you get a personal account manager and prioritized processing and shipping as well as other concessions. Not to mention the real time updating and tracking capabilities, the free photos of your items as we receive them and much more. It's absolutely free to create a business account and you can get all the details on Shippyme.com.
presegsADESIDA:

You are right but not much as you think.I do answer any question asked related to PayPal.
Myus has different membership plans ranging from standard,premium and premium plus.
The first one is good for anyone that do ship once in a while when the other ones are good for those that ship often and as well do ship much packages because of vip treatments and 20% discount on shipping fee.

As a matter of fact,myus is good for frequent shippers with most bulky items that also want their package(s) sent to them as fast as possible.
It is also good for those shipping things for personal use.
As you've said,it is not recommended for those shipping petty items for selling.
There are other companies like shoptomydoor,shippyme etc that is recommended for those buying petty items.

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tugrow(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

ok tanx, now can i add myus to my ebay account as my second shipping address
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
tugrow: ok tanx, now can i add myus to my ebay account as my second shipping address

You can surely do as you have the choice of selecting your preferred address you want your item to be shipped to.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by walexsho(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

but you are not allowed to receive with the paypal account, you are only allowed to make payment
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Catlanta: Hello, on the contrary Shippyme is a great choice when it comes to shipping bulk items. We have a Business Account dedicated to giving the fastest, most affordable service to customers who ship a large quantity of items. You can get rates as low as, or even lower than $4.0 per lb ($8.8 per kg) and you get a personal account manager and prioritized processing and shipping as well as other concessions. Not to mention the real time updating and tracking capabilities, the free photos of your items as we receive them and much more. It's absolutely free to create a business account and you can get all the details on Shippyme.com.

ok so Catlanta pls confirm you are involved directly with shippyme.com and can answer most of the questions raised about shipping with shippy
also a quick question can you guys ship specialized items like if i'm sending my pets dogs to Nigeria can you ship it safely. Also do you do sea freight
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by bola2014: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
nano4him:

ok so Catlanta pls confirm you are involved directly with shippyme.com and can answer most of the questions raised about shipping with shippy
also a quick question can you guys ship specialized items like if i'm sending my pets dogs to Nigeria can you ship it safely. Also do you do sea freight

Give us a call
Tulie Shipping & Freight Forwarding (your solution to shipping and Autos)

We offer broad range of Ocean freight services with best shipping network to provide fast service at reasonable prices, Our expereienced oean freight team can help configure the most cost efficient solutions to your request.

Autosolutions 4u is a subsidiary of Tulie Shipping busines,a very big automobiles network, We offer car sales for imports and Exports busines,vehicle modification, amoured vehicles and car parts to solve your automobile concern, We have very strong relationship with over 60 automobiles-parts manufactuers to ensure you get good quality of auto-products, we have been around for over a decade.

Give us a call at +1(905) 341-4107 or visit www.myautosource.net
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
walexsho:

but you are not allowed to receive with the paypal account, you are only allowed to make payment

Payments are different from refunds as of now Nigeria ebay users cant sell on ebay but they can buy (annoying! I know cool) but if you have an issue your payments can be refunded to card account.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
walexsho:

It will still go back to the card not to the PayPal account
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by jerrygome: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
my problem with all these import this...import that is SHIPPING COST...of what use would it be if I import a $13 product and pay $20 to ship it? So I think a RELIABLE cheap means of getting our product shipped should be @ the fore front of this tutorial... presegsADESIDA you are doing a wonderful job...me just dey observe..

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by ibnquasale(m): 12:39am On Sep 09, 2014
i bought a NEW samsung note 8 for about 43k (including shipping). thanks to presegsADESIDA and nano4him.

I have a question for u guys; is it possible to add the address of myus to my naija ebay account, considering the fact that i already have my verified naija address on the site
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 3:43am On Sep 09, 2014
ibnquasale: i bought a NEW samsung note 8 for about 43k (including shipping). thanks to presegsADESIDA and nano4him.

I have a question for u guys; is it possible to add the address of myus to my naija ebay account, considering the fact that i already have my verified naija address on the site
YES
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2014
ibnquasale: i bought a NEW samsung note 8 for about 43k (including shipping). thanks to presegsADESIDA and nano4him.

No!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2014
jerrygome: my problem with all these import this...import that is SHIPPING COST...of what use would it be if I import a $13 product and pay $20 to ship it? So I think a RELIABLE cheap means of getting our product shipped should be @ the fore front of this tutorial... presegsADESIDA you are doing a wonderful job...me just dey observe..

I think I mentioned some of them along the way.Just check properly and besides,which state are you currently in.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

No!
why NO! i did that to my Nigeria ebay and i bought some items during the weekend, already on the way to my shipper in US. I say what i practice and tested.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello. Yes, this is the official Shippyme/Circuit Atlantic account on Nairaland. We also offer sea freight services with delivery between 8 to 10 weeks. As to the question of importing pets, yes we can handle that. If you have any more questions, do let us know.
nano4him:

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2014
It is understandable that you may not want to pay $20 to ship a $13 product. However, the cost of an item does not determine the weight. A cheap item may have a heavier weight than a more expensive one. For instance, a $499 Samsung Galaxy Tab S would weigh just about 2lbs in the carton. However a home theater system costing $120 could reach weights of up to 8 - 10lbs. There is really no correlation between cost and weight. The best way to approach the importation business is to have a good idea of the cost of the products in the Nigerian market and then look for the options to bring them in at the cheapest cost so that you make a good margin. That said, if you are looking for the best rates and the best service you should take a look at Shippyme!
jerrygome: my problem with all these import this...import that is SHIPPING COST...of what use would it be if I import a $13 product and pay $20 to ship it? So I think a RELIABLE cheap means of getting our product shipped should be @ the fore front of this tutorial... presegsADESIDA you are doing a wonderful job...me just dey observe..
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by chidekings(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=Catlanta]Hello. Yes, this is the official Shippyme/Circuit Atlantic account on Nairaland. We also offer sea freight services with delivery between 8 to 10 weeks. As to the question of importing pets, yes we can handle that. If you have any more questions, do let us know.[/quote

i wanted to ship a samsung phone of 18 thousand,and after calculating the whole cost ur site showed me,it was up to 28 thousand naira
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Catlanta: It is understandable that you may not want to pay $20 to ship a $13 product. However, the cost of an item does not determine the weight. A cheap item may have a heavier weight than a more expensive one. For instance, a $499 Samsung Galaxy Tab S would weigh just about 2lbs in the carton. However a home theater system costing $120 could reach weights of up to 8 - 10lbs. There is really no correlation between cost and weight. The best way to approach the importation business is to have a good idea of the cost of the products in the Nigerian market and then look for the options to bring them in at the cheapest cost so that you make a good margin. That said, if you are looking for the best rates and the best service you should take a look at Shippyme!

Great analysis in here but you need to pay for this advertisement even if not to Seun but to my own company.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
tonjeola:
why NO! i did that to my Nigeria ebay and i bought some items during the weekend, already on the way to my shipper in US. I say what i practice and tested.

I understand what you are saying but not all sellers will accept that though.
I'm sure you will have story to tell later! !!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ Chidekings

28 what?Can you repeat that please?
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by chidekings(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
presegsADESIDA: @ Chidekings

28 what?Can you repeat that please?

i meant after the whole calculation,both the phone and the whole shipment cost 28 thousand naira
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

I understand what you are saying but not all sellers will accept that though.
I'm sure you will have story to tell later! !!
am not new to this bro, so no story, i will always get my refund.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Homguy(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Catlanta: Hello, on the contrary Shippyme is a great choice when it comes to shipping bulk items. We have a Business Account dedicated to giving the fastest, most affordable service to customers who ship a large quantity of items. You can get rates as low as, or even lower than $4.0 per lb ($8.8 per kg) and you get a personal account manager and prioritized processing and shipping as well as other concessions. Not to mention the real time updating and tracking capabilities, the free photos of your items as we receive them and much more. It's absolutely free to create a business account and you can get all the details on Shippyme.com.
please try to address all the problems faced by clients on this thread, www.nairaland.com/1854219/shippyme.com-nightmare-waiting-happen/1. Before advertising further. I almost shipped with you until I read this thread. All intending clients please go through the above thread before patronizing. This post is not to tarnish anybody but I ship items too, and its very painful everytime you have problem with goods you imported.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
chidekings:

i meant after the whole calculation,both the phone and the whole shipment cost 28 thousand naira

Ok but what is the price of the item in Nigeria.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
The problems there are easily addressed. I'll give you the tips below:

1. Create bookings by yourself. This is easy to do and allows you to select the options that best suit you and the preference you have.
2. Insure your packages with us, we give an optional PS &DG service which means that no matter what happens to your items, they are protected until they reach your hands. In the event of damage or loss, we immediately make a pay out of the full declared value of the item and the shipping costs as well. Everyone knows that in shipping, there are occasions when items may get misplaced, this covers you and is a very nominal fee.
3. Understand that in some rare cases, circumstances out of our control may cause a slight delay. This is however not the norm as even within that thread you can find our customers coming out to stand for Shippyme. Alpet, omoteretop and other have left their reviews there as well with delivery being made well within the 5 - 10 working day period - do go through the entire thread.

Homguy: please try to address all the problems faced by clients on this thread, www.nairaland.com/1854219/shippyme.com-nightmare-waiting-happen/1. Before advertising further. I almost shipped with you until I read this thread. All intending clients please go through the above thread before patronizing. This post is not to tarnish anybody but I ship items too, and its very painful everytime you have problem with goods you imported.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do you have the weight of the phone? We can give you a breakdown here. It wouldn't cost that much to ship the phone to Lagos.[quote author=chidekings][/quote]
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Catlanta: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello presegsADESIDA! You've created quite a lively thread here, we'd be glad to make contributions on our area of expertise. And also, our ads are on Nairaland!
presegsADESIDA:

Great analysis in here but you need to pay for this advertisement even if not to Seun but to my own company.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by shrekandfiona: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

No!
why No? It is possible. For the billing address, put your nigeria address the one same with your bank. For primary shipping address, put your USA address. Did same way and on ebay and paypal, my USA address shows confirmed shipping address.

All my purchases are shipped to my US address. Sellers on ebay ship to confirmed paypal address and as long as your US address is confirmed on paypal then no stress.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by jerrygome: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Catlanta: It is understandable that you may not want to pay $20 to ship a $13 product. However, the cost of an item does not determine the weight. A cheap item may have a heavier weight than a more expensive one. For instance, a $499 Samsung Galaxy Tab S would weigh just about 2lbs in the carton. However a home theater system costing $120 could reach weights of up to 8 - 10lbs. There is really no correlation between cost and weight. The best way to approach the importation business is to have a good idea of the cost of the products in the Nigerian market and then look for the options to bring them in at the cheapest cost so that you make a good margin. That said, if you are looking for the best rates and the best service you should take a look at Shippyme!

I understand the need to charge as per weight value...here I'm talking about goods less than 0.2kg being charged that high. I know air freight can be pretty costly, what I'm advocating is getting shipping company that is reliable as well as cheap. So that the need to import in the first place won't be defeated ( which is to get goods cheap). Or is that too much to ask?
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
tonjeola:
am not new to this bro, so no story, i will always get my refund.

I understand that you are not new.
Wish you best! !!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Catlanta: Hello presegsADESIDA! You've created quite a lively thread here, we'd be glad to make contributions on our area of expertise. And also, our ads are on Nairaland!

No problem and it's great hearing this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.