Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,796 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Why Graphics Design Will Remain An Overlooked Profession. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Graphics Design Will Remain An Overlooked Profession. (1193 Views)

LET'S LEARN GRAPHICS DESIGN / Whatsapp Group For Graphics Design / Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Graphics Design Will Remain An Overlooked Profession. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am probably nairaland's top fan, monitoring sections that interest me daily and sometimes hourly. Obviously I enjoy graphics design and while I may not boast of an extraordinary portfolio like some of my ogas, I can boast of good and well thought out jobs.
OK unto the topic. It is rather amazing the number of people that flood each thread offering free logo designs. Interestingly, some of these people move from thread to thread requesting for logo variations.
I am not against free jobs mind you as I have done a couple myself. This helps the designer build a portfolio and confidence/skill.
The boomerang effect of this is having some clients negotiating price like it's garri you are selling. Afterall they got a free logo in less than two hours.

Now the business part. My mum always told me that you use money to make more money. If you are not willing to invest or "spend" in your business how do you expect not to quit? Afterall, blogger is free, WordPress is free, logo sef kukuma be free. At the slightest challenge, you back off and search for the next viable means of income.

Well this is my opinion and it is subject to criticism. In well done.

1 Like

Re: Why Graphics Design Will Remain An Overlooked Profession. by felixchip(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
Coming.
Re: Why Graphics Design Will Remain An Overlooked Profession. by TAOKEN(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2014
Hnmmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

An Extract From A Nigerian Teenage Artist's Diary-pictures / Graphic Design Job Opening / Autocad Designers Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.