Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (629945 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
kingphilip:
Tola wanted to scream, she wanted to faint, she
wanted to close her eyes, she needed to hold unto
something. She held something soft and clutched to
it crying.
the last update on page 104. shey Tola is still in coma ba?
ye
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kingphilip(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
d9ty7 great updates boss just ride on
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Typo error. I meant to say Dolapo.
kingphilip:
Tola wanted to scream, she wanted to faint, she
wanted to close her eyes, she needed to hold unto
something. She held something soft and clutched to
it crying.
the last update on page 104. shey Tola is still in coma ba?
Tola is still in coma

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Maybe Akpan will return Dolapo's favour or Clement would call Dolapo to check on her or may drop her himself so no beatings gringrin.
I still feel she will take over from Rachael because she is homeless and Clement is kind. For Rachel, there is no love for her o so she better behave angry .
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by MhizEnkay(f): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
kingphilip:

no o
na beautiful u wey me de look over na wetin no de make me sleep
na yhu sabi.. 'They' said lets not chat so.. lipsrsealed
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Beckytee(f): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wow! Am happy deve gotten Habeeb.... Weldone D9ty7
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
I may not be the best writer here. In fact, I am not the best, not even one of the best, but hey! I am a regular updater.
If I don't deserve anything else, I think I deserve to be crowned the regular updater of the month. The prize that followed is a recharge card, meaning there will be more deliveries in December.
Here is the link to the thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/32#up. Voting ends tonight, do drop your vote for a little brother.
Next update drops in minutes.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by shankies215(f): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ve voted, but aw many tyms can we vote
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by pishon: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
have voted on monday,but can i still vote
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by ViktorMartins(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
D9ty7 I have voted
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Dolapo looked at Akpan for assurance, but his blank expression said it all. She was on her own.
"Good afternoon ma." Dolapo greeted. She was twenty two and the lady before her was twenty eight. Six years difference, she deserved some respect and she was ready to give her.
Rachel ignored her and continued starring at her, if looks could kill, she'd have died five time within the space of ninety seconds.
Dolapo looked from the pregnant lady before her to the second lady, then to Akpan who was trying to hide his anxiety and fears.
"Good afternoon." Rachel replied breadthing so hard like she wants to pass out.
Out of reflex, Dolapo went on her knees to greet her for the upteenth time.
"What's your name?" Rachel asked trying to keep her cool. Even though, she wanted to vent her anger on her, she didn't know how to go about it. She knew her approach was giving the girl before her a little confidence and time to cook up lies. Assuming she took it all against her and started by shouting and raining abuses on her, she'll know she meant business.
"My name is Dolapo."
"What are you doing here?" Chidinma asked moving towards her. Dolapo moved backwards a bit.
Talk of trouble, Chidinma has the strength and ability to start trouble, even though it may get out of her control and she would be unable to control it. Countless times when they were much younger, Chidinma being an asmathic patient was always a victim of stigmatization from their peers in their street. While Rachel was loved and very beautiful, Chidinma cared less about looking beautiful and she dresses like a boy. Everytime a guy accosts Rachel in school, in church, on their way back from school, in the neighbourhood, Chidinma will always fight with them. She did this fro many years until a fateful day when the boys in the neighbourhood ganged up against her and made attempt to rape her. All thanks to her health status, the moment she started gasping for breathe, the boys took to their heels and since then, she had turn a new leaf. But the saying "once a soldier is always a soldier" is very applicable here.
Rachel held Chidinma's hand preventing her from moving further.
"I think I asked you a question." Chidinma said.
Just then Rachel's phone buzzed.
"Hello, I have seen her, beautiful, radiant and sexy." Rachel said on picking the call.
Maybe a charm was used on her through the phone, she kept quiet and gradually, she started wearing a sober look like she wanted to cry.
"I think you should have told me everything. I almost over-reacted, thank God you called." Rachel said.
She hung up a few minutes later and faced Dolapo who still had that frightened look on her face.
"Am very sorry darling." Rachel said closing up on her.
Dolapo wanted to back away but her legs failed her. She knew she had a problem with handling difficult situation on her own. She has always had the lat Dayo's backing and protection all through secondary school. The majority of her university life was spent in the midst of four girls, three of whom were always protective of her, while the other one is always watching her back. But now, she seemed to be all alone, how will she cope? If not for Clement's call, she would have recieved the beating of her life, because the moment Chidinma closed in on her, she wanted to say she was sorry, after which she intended to walk into the house, no matter what and change to her night gown, then leave.
Rachel hugged her tight that she could feel the movement of the baby inside her bulging stomach.
"Am sorry about your friends, everything will be fine." Rachel said as she held her hand and led her into the house.
Akpan wanted to clap his hands but he knew he could miss lunch and dinner if care is not taken. As far as he was concerned, he had missed lunch, he can only hope. Clapping his hands would have disrupted God's plan. He hurriedly carried a black travelling bag from inside the car booth and took it after them.
"Am very sorry about the mug. It mistakenly fell from my hand." Dolap said sincerly a few minutes later when she joined them in the kitchen.
"Its nothing. Hope you did not get hurt?" Rachel asked with concern.
Dolapo nodded her head in the negative.
"Everything will be fine." Rachel said patting her on the back.
Chidinma who seemed to have been sidelined voiced out.
"I am still here o. And you can carry me along in your discussion."
Rachel bursted into laughter as well as Chidi. As much as she wanted to laugh, she wasn't sure of what laughter means, she knew tears will spill out if she laughed. How she wished she was just happy like these lot before her.

--to be continued--
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by omotalkie(f): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Tanx for the wonderful dinner, and congratulations for being d regular updater, u sure deserved it!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Winning the regular updater of the month is another feather added to my wings. I know I deserve to win, but without you guys vote, can I win? No. Maybe I'll go to my village and create a Nairaland account for everybody, including the king, so they can vote. What I am saying in essence is that without you guys d9ty7 is nothing. I write, you read. You vote and I win, I update and we are all happy.
I won't mention names of those who voted because everyone made this possible. Some of your comments is the reason why I update regularly. You can see now that everyone made this a possibility.
I hope to win again next month. I'll notify you guys when Regular updater of the month voting commences.
Love ya!

4 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Viewing this topic: ultraawesome
(m), firstkyn(m), gustav12,
D9ty7(m), ambivalentstate,
snowprince07(m), samsondavid
(m) and 5 guest(s)
he deserves your vote please vote for him.
Guests please register and come and vote
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kingphilip(m): 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
MhizEnkay:
na yhu sabi.. 'They' said lets not chat so.. lipsrsealed
k my digit is on my siggy

do u mind hitting me on whatsapp
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kingphilip(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
boss u really deserves it. if another had won it I would have questioned it's credibility

back to the tory
not hearing out before reacting is some people's greatest undoing.. the call came just in time to avert a major crisis that was bound to happen
.d9ty7 tnx for d updates
but please can I get another tonight?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
--continuation--
Clement has been driving around town for almost and hour with Mike and two other policemen with his inside his car.
"I think we have one last stop now." Mike said.
"Which is?" Clement asked.
"His elder cousin's place." He replied.
"Yeah. I believe he possibly can't be in Minna as we speak, and he can't be in Ibadan considering the fact that school is in session and showing up at either cities will raise suspicion, an you know his cousin will gladly accept him. Moreso, he was shot in the arm, going home will alarm his parents. But the police in the two cities are working hard to help us." Clement explained.
"But from the informations gathered, we learnt his cousin is a notorios drug dealer and a hoodlum." One of the two policemen seated at the backseat chipped in.
"Which is where you two are needed. Your detective skills should be on the red and ready to act." Clement continued as he pulled up at the entrance of the deserted street. No one was moving around, no cars, and the recent ban on motorcycle within the state is having great effect on the calmness in the street. From the spot where their car was parked, one could only see a dog having fun chasing a fowl and its chicks up and down the road.
"That't his house over there." The second detective said pointing to a house inside a compound, a car was parked outside the gate.
"Did you do you assignmen very well?" Clement asked.
The two men nodded affirmatively. Just then a young man came out of the house, wiped his face with a hankie and entered his car, he drove off in the opposite. His backview resemble Doctor Rapheal of St Battaihas but what can a man with a respectable job be doing in a criminal's house? Clement concluded that he wasn't the one, but on a second throught, he remembered Doctor Rapheal was not on seat by the time he visited the hospital an hour ago. The thought of what happened at the hospital made him curse within his breathe. All his life as a police officer, he hasn't lost a criminal on the run but today seemed a lot different, there is always a first time. He concluded.
He would have concluded that it was Rapheal assuming he knew the kind of car he uses. He'd have confirmed without thinking twice.
"Over to you guys, what suprise did you say you have for me?" Clement asked.
The two detective exchanged looks.
"Move forward sir." They said.
Clement ignited the car and drove into the street slowly. He came to a halt two houses aways from Don's compound.
The two detectives scrambled out of the car and ran towards a shopping complex that stood opposite the Don's apartment. They opened the doors of one of the shops and behold was a well equiped barber shop.
Clement wanted to run away and get psychiatric officials to take the two officers with them. Everything in the shop looked new, except the chairs, the mirror and some othe assets in the shop.
"What do you intend doing here?" Clement asked.
Confirming that they are well out of earshot from the occupants of the other shops. One of the two detectives spoke.
"We got this from a friend. He travelled out of the country a few weeks ago, he handed the key to us. We felt this would be a perfect place to monitor the movement within the house."
Clement was not only suprised by their intelligence he out of reflex saluted the two officers who were teo clearances his junior. The future of the Nigerian police force is bright if we could get intelligent officers such as these two.
They later concluded that the two detectives disguise as a barber, since they had an idea of how to use the quipments. Mike would work in the undercover since he was currently under suspension.
He was to show up every morning as a jobless Nigerian youth, stay with the two barbers all day and discuss politics, sports, cars, fashion and women. An idle hand they said is the devil's workshop. They hoped he'll get an offer to join Don's group provided Deoye didn't see him first or couldn't recognise him.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
You just got it
kingphilip:
boss u really deserves it. if another had won it I would have questioned it's credibility

back to the tory
not hearing out before reacting is some people's greatest undoing.. the call came just in time to avert a major crisis that was bound to happen
.d9ty7 tnx for d updates
but please can I get another tonight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Updates resumes tomorrow. But tomorrow is sunday. I had plans of doing 'The Thomas' throughout tomorrow.
So that this story won't loose taste, I'll drop maybe one or two updates. But 'The Thomas' owns tomorrow.
Goodnight!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by macpetrus(m): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks...
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kocvalour(m): 5:32am On Nov 30, 2014
nice... Kelvin cannot be caught!!
Happpyy sunday tu yu all.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by classicuju: 6:38am On Nov 30, 2014
Nice One sir. You must win again nd again
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2014
na wo oh.

See as oga duro don twist the story for catchinq this dudes. Atleast i want to know how they would get those guys.

Happy sunday all
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2014
D9ty7..... U Dah BomB..... I luv Dis Stowiiiiiiiiii....... Nice .... Why not write a book??.... And tankz for qivinq me Ideas on hw to Run a ********* qroup
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onyi42(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Xslaze3xd:
D9ty7..... U Dah BomB..... I luv Dis Stowiiiiiiiiii....... Nice .... Why not write a book??.... And tankz for qivinq me Ideas on hw to Run a ********* qroup

so u want to run a terrorist group abi......na god go deal with u
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2014
--continuation--
Monday came rather too quickly for Dolapo.
"Wake up! Its morning." She heard someone say to her. She opened her eyes and saw Rachel on her bed.
"Good morning." She greeted sitting up.
Rachel smiled in return before climbing down from the bed. As the days rolled by, she was getting heavier and weaker. She'll be due to deliver in two weeks, but in her recent meeting with Doctor Raphael, they had reached a conclusion that she'll be induced to speed up her delivery date.
Dolapo's eyes darted towards the clock that stood on the bedside table, 8:45am. And she has her first paper by eleven o'clock.
"I have exams today." She announced.
"I know, go take your bath and join us for breakfast." Racheal said as she exited the room.
Now she knew the essence of family in every individual's happiness. When you have happy family, it is no rocket science that you'll live a happy life. Now shw was begining to grow over the issues surrounding her, she was gradually moving on, she had found a friend and a sister in Rachel. In the space of two days, they have both established a strong relationship, much to Clement's relief and happiness.
She slipped out of her nightie and walked into the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later, she was all dressed.
"Good morning Chidi." She greeted Chidinma for the first time this morning.
She wanted to ask Chidinma some questions because seeing her dressed in her white National youth service corps vest has a meaning.
"Are you going bakc today?" Dolapo asked.
She had formed an understanding friendship with Chidinma, they both seemed to understand each other. They shared so many things in common, their love for shoes, their love for big sized cars, their love for tall guys and so many other things.
"O yes! I am going back to Ibadan today. Weekend is over, work starts on monday." She replied helping herself with another loaf of bread and jam.
While Rachel made her toasts, she helped herself with the tea.
"Where is Uncle Clement?" She asked.
She had learnt to call him Clement with the title 'uncle.' They now see her as a member of their small family. Her presence in the house prompted Rachel to return to her husband's house and putting her visit to her father-in-law's house to an abrupt end in a bid to keep Dolapo's company.
"Clement leaves home before seven on monday morning." Rachel replied smiling.
"So when next am I seeing you?" Dolapo asked.
"Very soon. I'll be back next weekend." Chidinma replied.
"Then you'll be suprised to meet your baby in the house." Rachel added.
Chidinma's face lit up in happiness.
"My baby? Tell me.. Is it?"
"Yes. I'll be releasing her by wednesday." Rachel replied.
"Oh my God! I am so happy for you. I'll fly in on thursday by God's grace." Chidinma said and they all bursted into laughter.
There was a sharp knock on the door.
"Yes? Who is that?" Chidinma asked as she made to stand up.
"No, I'll get it." Dolapo raced out of the dining accross the living room towards the front door.
She yanked the door opened and came face to face with three people who umistakably are police officers. Two uniformed men and a lady who wore a t-shirt with the inscription 'POLICE.'
"Good morning."Dolapo greeted.
"Good morning. I am detective Ngozi, from the police headquarter. Please, can I see Mrs Patrick Jnr?"
"Come on in." Dolapo said opening the door wider for the three visitors to enter.
The female officer who introduced herself as Ngozi seemed to know her way around the house, she walked straight into the living room.
"Ngozi." Rachel said on the seat while Ngozi ran up to her to save her the stress of coming into the living room.
The two of them exchanged pleasantries and chatted for a minute.
"Actually, Clement sent me to fetch Dolapo. Drive her to school and bring her back home after the exams." Ngozi said.
Rachel looked at Dolapo for her view or opinion, even though it doesn't really count. She nodded her head in affirmation.
Three minutes later, Ngozi drove out of the compound with Dolapo seated on the passenger seat while the two officers sat at the backseat.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Xslaze3xd(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Onyi42:

so u want to run a terrorist group abi......na god go deal with u
hahahahahahah..... Its d fastest way of makinq Money in 9ja.... Wen am throuqh with my study of military intelliqence...... I will be dah BOMB ahhahahahahahahahaha
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kingphilip(m): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2014
D9ty7:
You just got it
tnx boss I really appreciate
hope the package don reach u
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by ayox1(m): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Xslaze3xd:
hahahahahahah..... Its d fastest way of makinq Money in 9ja.... Wen am throuqh with my study of military intelliqence...... I will be dah BOMB ahhahahahahahahahaha
yes na that my boy.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kingphilip(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2014
d9ty7 nice updates boss just keep it coming

ngozi is back so quick? dint Clement ask ha for who visited ha that day in the hospital? I'm sure Clement will find out about Dr Raphael's car
Mike is going to b caught by deoye n den he'll be killed in the process
dolapo is already coming along
tolani should please pull this through
darasimi should please b believed
d9ty7 should please win more award
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2014
jeez...3 updates already? mhen this guy deserves the award...anyway,I sense something bad is about yo happen... and mike get sense o,at least with the barber shop idea... good job D9ty7
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2014
ayox1:
yes na that my boy.
yah..... But our first mission wud be White House

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.