Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Java Vs C Sharp - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Vs C Sharp (8423 Views)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Vs C Sharp by ishekinah1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
JAVA VS CSHARP
Java is the most popular proramming language but of recent we have C# from Microsoft.
I believe the two of them has advantages and disadvantages but some people believes C# provides solutions to the limitations of Java.
Let us look at these programming languages critically especially looking at what the future holds for these two programming language.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
C# is better than Java, no doubt about that.  But it doesn't play to well with Open Source.
You can get C# to run on Linux using Mono, but Mono is not well documented or used.
For example, the MonoDevelop GUI can't be built on Windows. WTF is that?
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by logica(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2008
no doubt about what? on what basis is C# better than Java?
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by Bossman(m): 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2008
These topics have been discussed to death in these forums and many others out there. While similar, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. Just use whatever works for you.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by Seun(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2008
Considering the language alone, C# is definitely better. Everybody knows that C# is Java done right.

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C Sharp by logica(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2008
grin u r just making a bunch of subjective assertions. who is everybody? u and how many ppl? u have not even told us what it was that was included in C# that gave it an edge over java, since u say the language alone and knowing language is about grammar, syntax and semantics, i am very much interested in breaking this down. so C# allows u 2 express ur self better? it's less verbose? what exactly r u talking about here?
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by javarules(m): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2008
@Seun lemme help you out
C# has the following that Java dont or that are done better than in java, I wont explain, google them yourself
Indexers
Properties
Delegates
Events
Enums
Operator Overloading
ref, out and params keywords
Assemblies, namespaces et all

dts about all I can remember.

but does that make it better? If I ask you java or pascal which is better, you might look at me and say this guy is crazy, right? but av u seen Object Pacal?
Look all these comparisons make me sick. Each one of them has got its strenghts and weaknesses. I am yet to see any linux programmer who says he prefers Mono over c/++/Java/Python/etc despite all these gr8 new features, The thing is "speak in woteva language, but make sense" -- Rugged Man

ciao

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C Sharp by DualCore1: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2008
For a particular project, if C# gets me there faster, its C# all the way.
If Java gets me there faster, its Java all the way.
its all about RAD in this era.

2 Likes

Re: Java Vs C Sharp by quadrillio(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Dual Core:

For a particular project, if C# gets me there faster, its C# all the way.
If Java gets me there faster, its Java all the way.
its all about RAD in this era.

that is why u are Dual Core.

I do the same, I use any language that takes me there.

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C Sharp by rancetech(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2008
I strongly believe the dude who started this thread is seeking for guidance, he wants to know what's more powerful & at same time where both languages would be in the future.

What I would advise is; learn JAVA first if you haven't and as your skills in JAVA increases you can then move to C#.
JAVA is a very simple programming language and a very powerful one at that. I believe if you learn JAVA, C# would be very easy for you. It's just like migrating from Visual Basic to .NET. It's that simple. Learn and use both, you won't regret you did.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by ishekinah1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2008
@javarules
I have been studying java with Deitel and Deitel and they showed how Enum constant can be declared.
I have tried it with good results.

Thanks for your contibution.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by ishekinah1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2008
@rancetech
You got it.
I was looking for guidance, though i have been studying java but a friend of mine who got a job in a software development company alerted me that C# is the language that is presently dominating the market.

Thanks for your contribution and more posts i won't mind from you.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by rancetech(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2008
i_shekinah:

You got it.
I was looking for guidance, though i have been studying java but a friend of mine who got a job in a software development company alerted me that C# is the language that is presently dominating the market.

Thanks for your contribution and more posts i won't mind from you.

If you're targeting the Nigerian software industry, I would advise you to go for C#. I mean we're all windows users and your C# applications are going to be targeting these systems. Start with C# and you won't have any reason to learn or use JAVA though as a programmer you're expected to be fluent with all the latest programming technologies.

I hope that helps? I know the Java geeks in the house are going to bite my head off for this.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by javalove(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2008
I hate all this versus topics? I thought we have all out grown that.

Do whatve u have to do in any programming language as long as u get ur result as at when due and ur clients are happy.

For me, I have never had any reason to look at another man's wife cos my wife gives me all i want for web, desktop and mobile application development.

Java Rules !
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by rancetech(m): 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hey javalove

Somebody needs guidance, you wouldn't want him to get lost, do you? We are not here to debate what's better, he wants to know where to go from here, and that's what we are trying to do.
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by rancetech(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2008
I'm no longer watching.

grin
Re: Java Vs C Sharp by babatope88(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2014
Just trying to wake up this dead thread grin

2 Likes

Re: Java Vs C Sharp by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2014
babatope88: Just trying to wake up this dead thread grin

This shows that "what is dead may never die ..." grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 / Phpbrowserbox Update - Google Chrome + PHP/MySQL Server In One! / Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.