Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,972 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri (10193 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari Reacts To Boko Haram Attack On Maiduguri Mosque / Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by texaco1: 6:45am On Sep 02, 2014
Qelvin: Did BH really capture Bama? Cause all indications from this sudden reports point to such possibility...
bama has fallen, let's not fool ourselves. And most likely some bh informants and spies are already inside maidUguri sniffing and spying the area ,an attack on maiduguri is only a matter of time . And tthe worst of all is that nigerian soldiers have lost the zeal to fight,morale is at the lowest.if a strong attack is launched on maiduguri I won't be surprised if those solidiers simply take off their uniforms and run

1 Like

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by luvinhubby(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Replacing Gen. Onyeabo Ihejirika as the COAS in the middle of a war he was winning showed a very poor tactical knowledge of GEJ's security advicers.
America delayed presidential elections for 2yrs during the 2nd world war to allow Rosevelt finish the war, Gej should have allowed Ihejirika and his chain of command finish with boko haram decisively before letting him go, rather than appoint a COAS that is 6yrs younger in the service, thereby forcefully retiring a 5yr course of generals.
Gej got the fight wrong there.

6 Likes

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by duncan511: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2014
ALL IS WELL
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by mashodehammer: 7:13am On Sep 02, 2014
stevenson007: just hold on, it wont be long. Everytyn wud be alright. Team GEJ TILL 2019
Thereafter, he will seek for another one term of SIX YEARS
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by Alexsmith20(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2014
habex005: well, the one impossed before is not bringing any result, let just hope this new directive will bring back our girls.......
Guy forget about the girls they are long gone.lets taalk about the recemt one, like the police men case.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by oluwato69sin(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2014
stevenson007: just hold on, it wont be long. Everytyn wud be alright. Team GEJ TILL 2019
ode,,it won't be long until dey reach your house and you're still thinking about bag of rice from election campaign. Shame!!!
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: bama has fallen, let's not fool ourselves. And most likely some bh informants and spies are already inside maidUguri sniffing and spying the area ,an attack on maiduguri is only a matter of time . And tthe worst of all is that nigerian soldiers have lost the zeal to fight,morale is at the lowest.if a strong attack is launched on maiduguri I won't be surprised if those solidiers simply take off their uniforms and run

If your post is based on reports from Sahara reporters, then you are reporting on what you know nothing about cos Sahara reporters don't know sh*t. As I speak to you, more BH members that escaped NA fire in Bama are being mopped up by the NA and Civilian JTF. They are being prevented from sneaking into Maiduguri hence the reason for the curfew in Maiduguri.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by ilotriouzAY(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Naofficial: Wonder why people still live in da north

my guy,let dem stay in d north ooo
if dey cum down south,the boko boys will follow dem
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by chronique(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Leave all these nairaland military generals alone. Let them keep up with their nonsense talk.
tokunboh:

If your post is based on reports from Sahara reporters, then you are reporting on what you know nothing about cos Sahara reporters don't know sh*t. As I speak to you, more BH members that escaped NA fire in Bama are being mopped up by the NA and Civilian JTF. They are being prevented from sneaking into Maiduguri hence the reason for the curfew in Maiduguri.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by meforyou1(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2014
modhream:
It's happening,bro.Let's stop playing the Ostrich here
and what's your proof?
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by amagugm: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2014
modhream: The Nigerian Army has reviewed the curfew in
Maiduguri, the capital of the troubled Borno
State.
In a press statement by the Deputy Director,
Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, the
curfew hours on the town is now 7pm to 6am.
The curfew formerly on the town was from
9pm to 6am daily and the additional two
hours was handed down due to the
deteriorating security situation in the state,
especially as a result of an increase in the
number of attacks on some towns.
Usman in the statement said no one was
exempted from the curfew.
“All must comply with the directive and anyone
found flouting this directive will be arrested
and prosecuted,” he said.
More details later.

http://www.punchng.com/news/army-imposes-dusk-to-dawn-curfew-in-maiduguri/
To the inhabitants of Maiduguri dusk to dawn curfew has always been a way of life. Living through if for over one year, I felt like one out of cage when, relocated to Enugu, I saw people living normal free lives. They are already used to night time curfew. I just pray God will have mercy on the long suffering people there. Especially the poor indigenous people who may not afford the cost of relocation.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by texaco1: 11:31am On Sep 02, 2014
tokunboh:

Nigeria's militant Islamist group
Boko Haram has seized the key
north-eastern town of Bama
after fierce fighting with
government forces, residents
say.
Thousands of civilians have fled the
town, along with soldiers, they added.
However, military sources said the
army was still in control of Bama, the
second biggest town in Borno state.
Last month, Boko Haram said it had
established an Islamic state in the
towns and villages it controls in north-
eastern Nigeria.
If confirmed, the capture of Bama
would be an extremely significant
development and would raise
concerns that Boko Haram's next
target will be Maiduguri, the state
capital about 70km (44 miles) away,
says BBC Hausa service editor
Mansur Liman in the capital, Abuja
R Residents told BBC Hausa that Boko
Haram captured Bama, which the
2006 census showed had a
population of about 270,000, after
heavy fighting on Sunday and
Monday.
The militants, who travelled in tanks
and armoured trucks, first seized the
military barracks in the town, they
said.
Soldiers and residents fled on foot,
many of them walking all the way to
Maiduguri, residents told the BBC.
Nigerian security sources said the
assault had been repelled and about
70 militants had been killed, news
agencies report.
The air force was used to "dislodge
the swamp of terrorists" from Bama,
the military said on its Twitter
account.
An overnight curfew has been
imposed in Maiduguri to prevent
"infiltration" by militants after the
"heavy casualties" they suffered, it
added.
Boko Haram's five-year insurgency
has intensified in recent months
despite the deployment of thousands
of extra troops to the worst-affected
areas.
In April, the militants captured more
than 200 girls from a boarding school
in the town of Chibok, also in Borno
state.
m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29021037
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: Nigeria's militant Islamist group
Boko Haram has seized the key
north-eastern town of Bama
after fierce fighting with
government forces, residents
say.
Thousands of civilians have fled the
town, along with soldiers, they added.
However, military sources said the
army was still in control of Bama, the
second biggest town in Borno state.
Last month, Boko Haram said it had
established an Islamic state in the
towns and villages it controls in north-
eastern Nigeria.
If confirmed, the capture of Bama
would be an extremely significant
development and would raise
concerns that Boko Haram's next
target will be Maiduguri, the state
capital about 70km (44 miles) away,
says BBC Hausa service editor
Mansur Liman in the capital, Abuja
R Residents told BBC Hausa that Boko
Haram captured Bama, which the
2006 census showed had a
population of about 270,000, after
heavy fighting on Sunday and
Monday.
The militants, who travelled in tanks
and armoured trucks, first seized the
military barracks in the town, they
said.
Soldiers and residents fled on foot,
many of them walking all the way to
Maiduguri, residents told the BBC.
Nigerian security sources said the
assault had been repelled and about
70 militants had been killed, news
agencies report.
The air force was used to "dislodge
the swamp of terrorists" from Bama,
the military said on its Twitter
account.
An overnight curfew has been
imposed in Maiduguri to prevent
"infiltration" by militants after the
"heavy casualties" they suffered, it
added.
Boko Haram's five-year insurgency
has intensified in recent months
despite the deployment of thousands
of extra troops to the worst-affected
areas.
In April, the militants captured more
than 200 girls from a boarding school
in the town of Chibok, also in Borno
state.
m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29021037

You are quoting BBC again, they are as confused as the average Nigerian who does not know anything about what is going on in Bama. You need to read through their different and conflicting versions of events at Bama over the past 24hours. They are trying very hard to save face, the are really eager for Boko Haram to take over Bama.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by idupaul: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2014
chronique: So,because a curfew was imposed,it now automatically means Bama was lost? Sometimes,I wonder how you nairalanders think.

Keep fooling yourself .. As we speeak Brigade commander of the Bama Barracks is in Maidugri with the remnants of his brigade ..Very sad but the truth is Bama fell and the govt must now do what is right and take back that town
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by Obanz2(f): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Gej can not stop Boko haram even those army that occupy Maiduguri dey are there just for I must defend my father land they put their life on 50/50 hmmmm..it will be better if northern leader can call on them (Boko haram) they no them they are part of them...even youth in north are so restless watching some group of people to destroy their future... hmmmm
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by texaco1: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2014
tokunboh:

You are quoting BBC again, they are as confused as the average Nigerian who does not know anything about what is going on in Bama. You need to read through their different and conflicting versions of events at Bama over the past 24hours. They are trying very hard to save face, the are really eager for Boko Haram to take over Bama.
bros I really wish to believe u and follow ur own version but the military hasn't done much to let people know what is actually happening. For the sake of reassuring ppl that they are in control of bama , they should have organised their own video crew to take images and make videos of the military in bama . They don't need to use media houses for this , every country does such in times of war. They make the videos then send it out to media houses

1 Like

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by chronique(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2014
It's you who is fooling yourself. Never speak with me if you can't be civil enough. I don't converse with miscreants.
idupaul:

Keep fooling yourself .. As we speeak Brigade commander of the Bama Barracks is in Maidugri with the remnants of his brigade ..Very sad but the truth is Bama fell and the govt must now do what is right and take back that town

1 Like

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by idupaul: 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
chronique: It's you who is fooling yourself. Never speak with me if you can't be civil enough. I don't converse with miscreants.

Hey easy bro .. Sorry if my tone looked rude... Dat wasn't the objective .. I was just trying to let U know these are not times to play ostrich , Bama fell for real
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by chronique(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Alright then. God willing,we shall overcome.
idupaul:

Hey easy bro .. Sorry if my tone looked rude... Dat wasn't the objective .. I was just trying to let U know these are not times to play ostrich , Bama fell for real

1 Like

Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: bros I really wish to believe u and follow ur own version but the military hasn't done much to let people know what is actually happening. For the sake of reassuring ppl that they are in control of bama , they should have organised their own video crew to take images and make videos of the military in bama . They don't need to use media houses for this , every country does such in times of war. They make the videos then send it out to media houses

I can tell you the battle of Bama is an intermittent war and the NA will never post videos of such if there is any, in the public domain - that would be counter-productive.
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by zurine(f): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
my God
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by size38: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
The military is only imposing curfew the civilians there and not for the Boko boys because they still do their things when d need arise. With state of emergency of almost one yrs, the boys are still doing their tins. If boko haram guys enters maiduguri, the military will be the ones observing the curfew because they won't be found anywhere again
Re: Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri by modhream: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
chronique: So,because a curfew was imposed,it now automatically means Bama was lost? Sometimes,I wonder how you nairalanders think.
Olukolade just confirmed on AIT news that current airstrikes in that area is to "reclaim lost territory".
How do you "reclaim" a territory you hold?.
Like I said earlier,let's stop playing ostrich n face hard reality here.Boko Haram has gotten out of hand.They got a shot of adrenaline from ISIS exploits n the INCOMPETENCY of our security apparatus n high command.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP / Petrol Price Hike Only After Negotiation With Labour — NNPC / Sanwo-Olu: APC Governors Are Solidly Behind Bola Tinubu And Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.