Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,492 members, 7,823,155 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Our Eternity Is Assured In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Eternity Is Assured In Christ (529 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Eternity Is Assured In Christ by yommyuk: 6:05am On Sep 02, 2014
The first chapter of Matthew lists the lineage of Jesus Christ: 42 generations starting with the miracle child born to Abraham and ending with the miracle of deity assuming human form. In between are the names of a schemer, a prostitute, a murderer, kings, and former idol worshippers. These men and women had their lives transformed by God and, by His supernatural workings, were given a place in the ancestry of our Savior. God protected this line despite deceit, betrayal, war, captivity, and assimilation.

It is this same God who promises us eternal life through Jesus Christ. The Bible recounts promise after promise from God, and 2 Corinthians 1:20 reassures us that they are all “yes” in Christ. We who are born again through faith in Jesus are given a permanent place in God’s family, which is guaranteed by both the Father and the Son (John 10:28-29). The Holy Spirit is given to us as a seal of the pledge, ensuring that we will receive our eternal inheritance as children of God (2 Cor. 1:21-22).
For the guarantee of eternal life to take effect, there is but a single requirement—that we enter into a personal relationship with Christ. The Lord Himself registers our name in the Lamb’s book of life (Rev. 21:27). There are no additional specifications to meet for the guarantee to be in effect, and it remains in place forever. Eternal life belongs to us the instant we become children of God. The Lord has promised, and we can count on it. Hallelujah!

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Our Eternity Is Assured In Christ by kingk(m): 6:16am On Sep 02, 2014
yommyuk:
The first chapter of Matthew lists the lineage of Jesus Christ: 42 generations starting with the miracle child born to Abraham and ending with the miracle of deity assuming human form. In between are the names of a schemer, a prostitute, a murderer, kings, and former idol worshippers. These men and women had their lives transformed by God and, by His supernatural workings, were given a place in the ancestry of our Savior. God protected this line despite deceit, betrayal, war, captivity, and assimilation.

It is this same God who promises us eternal life through Jesus Christ. The Bible recounts promise after promise from God, and 2 Corinthians 1:20 reassures us that they are all “yes” in Christ. We who are born again through faith in Jesus are given a permanent place in God’s family, which is guaranteed by both the Father and the Son (John 10:28-29). The Holy Spirit is given to us as a seal of the pledge, ensuring that we will receive our eternal inheritance as children of God (2 Cor. 1:21-22).
For the guarantee of eternal life to take effect, there is but a single requirement—that we enter into a personal relationship with Christ. The Lord Himself registers our name in the Lamb’s book of life (Rev. 21:27). There are no additional specifications to meet for the guarantee to be in effect, and it remains in place forever. Eternal life belongs to us the instant we become children of God. The Lord has promised, and we can count on it. Hallelujah!

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

Seconded.....Amen.
Re: Our Eternity Is Assured In Christ by emmyskies(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
True, but that doesn't warrant us to sin. The soul that sinneth shall die, as Christ would deny workers of iniquity on the last day

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Being Investigated By Uk’s Charity Commission / If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments / Signs That Judgement May Have Started In The House Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.