Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? (1608 Views)

Should Ladies Cover Their Heads/hair To Church? / Should Ladies Wear Trousers Or Put On Ear Rings Or Wear Make Up Or Wear Weavon / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Gud mawnin every1,ur opinion is highly needed on this topic,alot of single ladies who re in a relationship presently or not often get confused on either to pray for their boyfrnd they re dating presently or their future husband( to be on d safer side).
Eg. oh lord bless my boyfriend or future husband(which do u pray for and y)
For those who don't pray who do u advice them to pray for?
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by lyntiffany(f): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
In my own understanding, you pray for the two cos the man you call boy friend may turn out to be your husband. On the other side your boyfriend needs prayers as well cause if he prospers he will remember you whether you ended up being his wife or not. Is good to pray for the both.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2014
Christians ought not to have boyfriends or girlfriends. If they have feelings for eachother, they should remain just friends and work things out till marriage. The Bible says we should give no chance -Ephesians 4:27 in No form of fornication or lust whatsoever.

Concerning praying for your future husband or wife, if we ought to pray for our enemies and those that hate us -Matt 5:44, how much more them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
emmyskies: Christians ought not to have boyfriends or girlfriends. If they have feelings for eachother, they should remain just friends and work things out till marriage. The Bible says we should give no chance -Ephesians 4:27 in No form of fornication or lust whatsoever.

Concerning praying for your future husband or wife, if we ought to pray for our enemies and those that hate us -Matt 5:44, how much more them?
I have never heard of that before,dat ppl become frnds and just marry,nt even a relationship or courtship n to my best understanding dat is why most marriages fail.m nt saying it's nt ok to be frnds bt being in a relationship shows u guys re dedicated to each other n show signs of future togetherness(marraige) this process of relationship also helps dem open up to one anoda n dey learn each other characters so as to know how to handle each other. being in a boyfrnd/girlfrnd relationship (am talking abt classified ones for matured adults who re ripe to marry nt small small children play play) ie courtship.thats my own opinion of dat sha coz f twas by friendship hmm many women will have multiple husbnds bt d relationship helps to state he is mur important dan all other girls at the moment n e or she is serious.its nt every boyfrnd girlfrnd that has s** wif each other(i feel dats y u do not advice it)
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
lyntiffany: In my own understanding, you pray for the two cos the man you call boy friend may turn out to be your husband. On the other side your boyfriend needs prayers as well cause if he prospers he will remember you whether you ended up being his wife or not. Is good to pray for the both.
Yea I feel the two should be prayed for aswell.tanks

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by alexleo(m): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
perry2020: Gud mawnin every1,ur opinion is highly needed on this topic,alot of single ladies who re in a relationship presently or not often get confused on either to pray for their boyfrnd they re dating presently or their future husband( to be on d safer side).

God doesnt know boyfriend and girlfriend stuff. That thing is a tool which the enemy has been using to lead many people into fornication so God has no hand in it. Marriage is an institution made by God so thats the one he can come into.

It is very good to pray for your future husband. Praying for your future husband means you are not having anybody in mind (except you ve both agreed to marry). If not, then you just pray the prayer without having anybody in mind and God who knows the right person that will marry you will answer your prayers in his life. But if you are just eyeing one brother and be assuming in your mind that he is going to be your future husband, you will be greatly wounded if he doesnt marry you after all your prayers.

You need to pray for your future husband because-

1. The man may be having career difficulties which in turn will make him to be reluctant about going into marriage( and that means a delay for you or a decision that can lead you to the wrong man). Your prayer can help give him a breakthrough.

2. Distractions from other ladies around him can bring confusion and he makes a wrong choice when you are supposed to be his right choice. Your prayer can clear this distractions and confusion away.

3. You also need to pray that God in his mercy and divine intervention pilots him to locate you. Even if he is in Abuja and you are in Abia, when the divine intervention takes place something will bring the two of you together and you get talking and then marriage plan begins after.

4. You also need to pray for him so that any member of his family will not become a tool of distraction to him by giving him a guide that will lead him to the wrong person.

5. You pray that God should help him in his areas of short comings and endow him with qualities that will make both of you have a wonderful married life.

6. Pray for good health for him (including being sexually healthy).

As you are praying for him you also pray for yourself.

1. That God should make you fit to be a good wife and endow you with qualities that will make wonderful marriage for both of you.

2. That God should guide you so that you dont mistake the wrong person as the right man.

3. That God should uproot any character or trait in you that will scare him away from you.

4. That God should bless your career. ( marriage without money is a difficult terrain). By this i dont mean he must be rich but let the both of you have something doing so that some income will be flowing.

5. Pray for good health too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2014
perry2020:
I have never heard of that before,dat ppl become frnds and just marry,nt even a relationship or courtship n to my best understanding dat is why most marriages fail.m nt saying it's nt ok to be frnds bt being in a relationship shows u guys re dedicated to each other n show signs of future togetherness(marraige) this process of relationship also helps dem open up to one anoda n dey learn each other characters so as to know how to handle each other. being in a boyfrnd/girlfrnd relationship (am talking abt classified ones for matured adults who re ripe to marry nt small small children play play) ie courtship.thats my own opinion of dat sha coz f twas by friendship hmm many women will have multiple husbnds bt d relationship helps to state he is mur important dan all other girls at the moment n e or she is serious.its nt every boyfrnd girlfrnd that has s** wif each other(i feel dats y u do not advice it)
How many percent of 'christians' can handle not fornicating or lusting after themselves in a 'relationship'?

4 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
How many percent of 'christians' can handle not fornicating or lusting after themselves in a 'relationship'?
Very few doe.it depends on maturity and the level of their Christianity.
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2014
perry2020:
Very few doe.it depends on maturity and the level of their Christianity.

Because the devil fail to make you fall to sin doesn't mean he will stop there. he will keep attacking and attacking and attacking all the days... And Na, level of maturity and level of christianity doesn't count where the devil is. he will continue to devour and devour and devour till he conquers. Best is follow the Bible's instruction:
Flee from sin and give the devil no chance to come in and cause you to stumble -Eph 4:7

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by defendedvictim(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
well, Nt being in a relationship doesn't stop a guy Frm fornicating or lusting. I still believe dat Christians Shud be able to define their relationships n kip it pure.
@topic..u ought to pray for everyone. I even pray for d kids I will have if Jesus tarries
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by Tallesty1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
I can't pray for my future wife cause I don't even know her.

If I work well on myself and become a good person then a part of her prayer has been answered alreadygringringrin

and I'm certian that I ain't gonna marry a bad wife.
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:

Because the devil fail to make you fall to sin doesn't mean he will stop there. he will keep attacking and attacking and attacking all the days... And Na, level of maturity and level of christianity doesn't count where the devil is. he will continue to devour and devour and devour till he conquers. Best is follow the Bible's instruction:
Flee from sin and give the devil no chance to come in and cause you to stumble -Eph 4:7
OK you win!!!!
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tallesty1: I can't pray for my future wife cause I don't even know her.

If I work well on myself and become a good person then a part of her prayer has been answered alreadygringringrin

and I'm certian that I ain't gonna marry a bad wife.
Happy for you.but don't be too sure!!!!wish u d best.
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
defendedvictim: well, Nt being in a relationship doesn't stop a guy Frm fornicating or lusting. I still believe dat Christians Shud be able to define their relationships n kip it pure.
@topic..u ought to pray for everyone. I even pray for d kids I will have if Jesus tarries
Yea me too.and I agree wif ur first paragraph.
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by Tallesty1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
perry2020:
Happy for you.but don't be too sure!!!!wish u d best.
lols.

Thankskiss
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tallesty1: lols.

Thankskiss
Uw wink
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
perry2020: Gud mawnin every1,ur opinion is highly needed on this topic,alot of single ladies who re in a relationship presently or not often get confused on either to pray for their boyfrnd they re dating presently or their future husband( to be on d safer side).

Christians are mandated to pray for each other and even those who call us enemies. If we can pray for our 'enemies' why then can't we pray for someone we are considering for marriage? Surely, we should pray for our boyfriends or girlfriends irrespective of whether we end up marrying them or not.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
perry2020:
OK you win!!!!
We are in no competition nor argument my dear, blessed is he that hear this thing and do them, he that recieveth correction and accept reproach shall live.

GOD bless you friend
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Christians are mandated to pray for each other and even those who call us enemies. If we can pray for our 'enemies' why then can't we pray for someone we are considering for marriage? Surely, we should pray for our boyfriends or girlfriends irrespective of whether we end up marrying them or not.
OK good point.
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by perry2020(f): 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
We are in no competition nor argument my dear, blessed is he that hear this thing and do them, he that recieveth correction and accept reproach shall live.

GOD bless you friend
Tanks,amen and you too.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
defendedvictim: well, Nt being in a relationship doesn't stop a guy Frm fornicating or lusting. I still believe dat Christians Shud be able to define their relationships n kip it pure.
Whether relationship or not, a christian should not lust nor fornicate.

Avoiding relationship is just a way of keeping guard to avoid the devil creeping in.

The Bible says we shouldn't give the devil any chance to come in -Eph 4:27
Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by defendedvictim(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
Whether relationship or not, a christian should not lust nor fornicate.

Avoiding relationship is just a way of keeping guard to avoid the devil creeping in.

The Bible says we shouldn't give the devil any chance to come in -Eph 4:27
cool..at d end, all dat matters is dat we remain pure. may God help us all

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Pray For Their Boyfriends Or Future Husband? by emmyskies(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
defendedvictim: cool..at d end, all dat matters is dat we remain pure. may God help us all
Amen, GOD bless you

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Keep Asking For Forgiveness For Their Sins? / US Election: Anti-christ Would Have Taken Over The World If Clinton Had Won / Is Constant Having Of Bad Dreams A Gift From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.