Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

11 Foods Not To Refrigerate - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate (36898 Views)

5 Common Foods That Nigerians Refrigerate But Shouldn’t / 31 Foods You Should Never Refrigerate / Foods Not To Eat On A First Dinner Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Sanchez01: 5:24am On Sep 03, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Yes, I like toasted sandwich and blueband is one of the worst for sandwich toasting
Oh... Right. Now I get it.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by slimpoppa(m): 5:34am On Sep 03, 2014
12. Akara
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Ishilove: 5:41am On Sep 03, 2014
What causes blueband butter to grown fungus? It has happened to me on three different occasions.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by blackweaver(m): 5:43am On Sep 03, 2014
technically, blueband is not butter, its margarine. Real butter is made from milk, while margarine is made from hydrogenated oil

I'm surprised op didn't include yam on the list

2 Likes

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by TheBigUrban2: 5:45am On Sep 03, 2014
blackweaver: technically, blueband is not butter, its margarine. Real butter is made from milk, while margarine is made from hydrogenated oil

True. Blueband is even margarine grin grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Missmossy(f): 5:57am On Sep 03, 2014
Any food that belongs to the onion family: garlic for example need not to be refrigerated.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Dreyl(m): 6:13am On Sep 03, 2014
Noted! wink
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by lepasharon(f): 6:28am On Sep 03, 2014
MAYONAISE !..?
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by marieolae(f): 6:34am On Sep 03, 2014
Fruits should not be on tht list at all
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 03, 2014
Kinda funny! all those stuff listed there i store them in the refrigerator lipsrsealed even bread too grin.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by ONESON1(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2014
Odilafta: Why list the fruits "un per un" and still say "fruits" at no 10

Copy and paste dey worry you.
LMFAO @copy & paste grin
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by puscifer: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2014
blackweaver: technically, blueband is not butter, its margarine. Real butter is made from milk, while margarine is made from hydrogenated oil

am surprised at you for including yam.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by lanxebony(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2014
So also egg dnt need 2 b refrigerated or freeze
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by premiums: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2014
What about plantain? I hate it when it turns black and becomes hard while refregerated.............makes it difficult to peel.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by eunisam: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2014
my refrigerator had never lack Banana.infact friends say am addicted to it
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by touchmeder: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2014
Sanchez01:
I totally agree with fact that butter should be refrigerated. Nigerian butters don't do well without being kept in the fridge.

Naturally, I hate fats and oily foods, which means it's mayonnaise for me.

By the way, are you an anti-blueband fan?
Just an aside, you hate oily food but do you know the major ingredient for mayonnaise is egg yolk and oil? Any thing else na just to flavour am. Was shocked to discover this myself.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by ignis: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2014
chidimmaaa: Na lie, I dey preserve tomato for fri ge nd nothing dey do am. Who has d tym to always put it out in d sun

Typical Nigerian....

1 Like

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by samuelfemo(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2014
let see

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by LadyH(f): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2014
@ no 4, *picks race*.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Odunharry(m): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2014
who dy put Onion for fridge
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Smooyis(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2014
What of groundnut and kulikuli. cool
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by segcymoor(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Good information
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Shinatu: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2014
Pheeew! finaly someone got to mention that Blueband is not butter, after how many posts of heated argument?

A passionate request was even made for one to go back to the Romance section where 'Intelligence will not be challenged' by someone calling Blueband butter!

Chei Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by blackweaver(m): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2014
puscifer: am surprised at you for including yam.

Do you know anyone who refrigerates uncooked yam? Because i've never heard of it
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by AriDsexy(f): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Mynd44:
I are not talking of melting here. I are talking of butter getting hard when put in the fridge as it tends to solidify as temperature cools down. Nigerian made brands of butter are suited for our temperature and needs no refrigerating (except you live in an oven).......think for yourself, on the shelves, are they refrigerated? Do they mealt?
Then let it be in the fridge and not the freezer,that way it doesn't solidify so much,and its easy for you to scoop anytime you want to.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by Josh316(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Do you believe that Nigerian brands of butter are good butter? reduced fat? Unsalted?

Most butter in the supermarket are refrigerated on the shelves or in sliding fridges.

Not all butter get so hard that you cant butter with it when referidgerated. You need to start using good brands.

Even your blueband can melt. I left it once in the car for a day with windows closed.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WHAT WE CALL BUTTER IN NIGERIA IS MARGARINE. Margarine is made from the hydrgenation of palm oil to give that thick paste called Blue Band or whatever. Butter comes from the MILK of cows...

The two are different and Margarine can stay at room temperature without spoiling. However, both will melt because of high temperature changes.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by AriDsexy(f): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2014
Ishilove: What causes blueband butter to grown fungus? It has happened to me on three different occasions.
Same here but I think maybe you lick the spoon sometimes and scoop again or if u have kids,maybe they dip their hands inside the butter....just my thought though.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by UchihaItachi(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2014
blackweaver:

Do you know anyone who refrigerates uncooked yam? Because i've never heard of it

Then you refrigerate cooked yam?
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by solidman59(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2014
Oga teacher now that you're here, let me challenge ur intelligence: blueband is not butter, it's margarine. Blueband is made from vegetable oil(or fat) while butter (any butter) is made from animal fat.
Maybe u shld go to the romance section if u didn't know this.
#moral leesson: don't attack ppl wen u wanna correct an impression, no be u know pass.
TheBigUrban2:

Please sir, you have been told previously to stick to the romance section where intelligence is not challenged.

Good butter has to be refrigerated.

On very hot days, even the blueband butter that Nigerians like to keep outside the fridge can melt (closed windows).

Furthermore, there are some brands of butter that do not get very solid in the fridge.
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by blackweaver(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Then you refrigerate cooked yam?

i don't leave cooked yam left over to refrigerate, but i was responding to the person who was surprised that i mentioned that yam shouldn't be refrigerated
Re: 11 Foods Not To Refrigerate by themmydhayhor(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2014
Can I refrigerate garri cheesy cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Garri And Semovita / How Do You Like Your Plantain? (photo) / See The Fun Meal I Created With Bread. Mmm... Yum!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.