Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,243 members, 7,957,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Tropicana Project ! Obong Attah Vindicated!!! By Ita Awak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tropicana Project ! Obong Attah Vindicated!!! By Ita Awak (670 Views)

Akpabio & Obong Attah Reunite At Florence Ita-Giwa's Birthday Party (Pics) / Ita Awak: The Lamentation Of A Cursed Politician :by Friday Willie / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tropicana Project ! Obong Attah Vindicated!!! By Ita Awak by blog4all(m): 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
(In March 2009, Obong Victor Attah wrote to Chief Godswill Obot Akpabio, Akwa Ibom State governor, advising him against spending the resources of our people to build the white elephant project called "Tropicana." Governor Akpabio's apologists came down on Obong Attah; they told us that by 2010, the complex will be completed and commissioned, providing jobs for 5,000 Akwa Ibom people. With about 80 billion naira down the drain, the project is only 70% complete in 2014. We publish below Obong Attah's 2009 letter to Gov Akpabio.)
"Your Excellency, I am very aware of the tendency within your government to regard anybody who differs, however slightly, from your held position or opinion as an enemy of your government. At the risk of being so labeled, I feel in conscience bound to express my total disagreement with you on the proposed Tropicana project.

I hold this position for several logical reasons some of which I will attempt to state below: __If you had taken the necessary step of conducting an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study which such a large project demands, you would inevitably have come to the same conclusion as I hold that the sitting of this project is totally wrong. A few meters down the road, on the same side of the road, is another large hotel, the 10th anniversary hotel, which we hope will be completed someday. In the opposite direction, and again only a few meters away is the very large recreational park – Union park – which harbours the Ibibio Union museum.

more @ http://blog4all-com..com/2014/08/tropicana-project-obong-attah-vindicated.html
Re: Tropicana Project ! Obong Attah Vindicated!!! By Ita Awak by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
hehehe Attah Vindicated, what a Joke mscheeew

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Project ! Obong Attah Vindicated!!! By Ita Awak by nigerianvenom(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
blog4all what is ur problem wit akpabio?
all u do is criticise akpabio cos he is not an ibibio man?
what offence has akpabio committed?what achievement did we witnessed during attah's regime?
he is criticising tropicana?how many project did he complete?
is it nung udoe uyo road or nwaniba?which one?
how many jobs did he create?
guy park well

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Declares 2015 Presidential Interest / Military, B’haram Battle For CDS’ Town / TAN To APC: Counter Our Documented Achievements Of Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.