Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

My Experience With Gtbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With Gtbank (5375 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Way Of Resolving Usd Transaction Issues With GTBANK / Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mods please bear with me, I'm too upset that I don't know where to place this.

On the 27th of August, I transferred some amount of money to someone in Firstbank via NEFT Transfer. I already had his name registered on my online portal and had transferred money to him previously. However, I selected his name and paid the money. NEFT transfer usually take 24-48 hours before the beneficiary can see the alert so I decided to chill.

On the 1st of September, the beneficiary calls me to say he hasn't received the money. I was worried so I called GTBank customer care. After about 15 minutes of 'waiting in line' and listening to their boring adverts, I finally was able to speak to a customer care representative. I explained to her my challenge and she did a quick check on my account, only to tell me that I transferred the money to a another person's account. She told me the name of the person that I transferred the money to. (The person also is a Firstbank recepient)

Now, I quite understand that if I mistakenly transferred the money to another registered beneficiary on my portal. But I never registered that name on my GTBank portal, talkless of transferring the money to him. So I asked a simple question: Can you transfer money to a beneficiary who is not registered on your portal? Their response was NO! I now asked how manage I was able to transfer money to him. The customer care reps could not answer. They kept telling me the same thing that I mistakenly transferred money to the account and that there was nothing they could do.

I called the customer care guys in Firstbank and they actually confirmed that the money came into the wrong beneficiary's account and he has withdrawn it. So I was advised to ask my darling bank GTBank, to put a lien on the account so that once funds go into it, they can reverse the transfer.

I wrote a mail explaining all these and their response was: Kindly contact the beneficiary for possible refund. Now, I don't even know the account number of the person that they claimed that I mistakenly sent the money to talkless of his phone number.

I sincerely want you guys to honestly judge this issue. As far as I am concerned, the GTBank guys are either playing games, or just plain lazy and don't want to do anything. As soon as this is over, I am closing down the account.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by aboyaji(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
you say wetin happen sef? Just talk am again pls

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gtbank by Dygeasy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
aboyaji: you say wetin happen sef? Just talk am again pls
LMAO! Weyrey!
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by aboyaji(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
but, e be like say op d vex o. Just read the last paragraph. Na vex be that o
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
aboyaji: but, e be like say op d vex o. Just read the last paragraph. Na vex be that o

Bro, I'm so upset. It's the way the customer care guys behave in a non challant way
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by dharmie2014(m): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
lucarella: Mods please bear with me, I'm too upset that I don't know where to place this.

On the 27th of August, I transferred some amount of money to someone in Firstbank via NEFT Transfer. I already had his name registered on my online portal and had transferred money to him previously. However, I selected his name and paid the money. NEFT transfer usually take 24-48 hours before the beneficiary can see the alert so I decided to chill.

On the 1st of September, the beneficiary calls me to say he hasn't received the money. I was worried so I called GTBank customer care. After about 15 minutes of 'waiting in line' and listening to their boring adverts, I finally was able to speak to a customer care representative. I explained to her my challenge and she did a quick check on my account, only to tell me that I transferred the money to a another person's account. She told me the name of the person that I transferred the money to. (The person also is a Firstbank recepient)

Now, I quite understand that if I mistakenly transferred the money to another registered beneficiary on my portal. But I never registered that name on my GTBank portal, talkless of transferring the money to him. So I asked a simple question: Can you transfer money to a beneficiary who is not registered on your portal? Their response was NO! I now asked how manage I was able to transfer money to him. The customer care reps could not answer. They kept telling me the same thing that I mistakenly transferred money to the account and that there was nothing they could do.

I called the customer care guys in Firstbank and they actually confirmed that the money came into the wrong beneficiary's account and he has withdrawn it. So I was advised to ask my darling bank GTBank, to put a lien on the account so that once funds go into it, they can reverse the transfer.

I wrote a mail explaining all these and their response was: Kindly contact the beneficiary for possible refund. Now, I don't even know the account number of the person that they claimed that I mistakenly sent the money to talkless of his phone number.

I sincerely want you guys to honestly judge this issue. As far as I am concerned, the GTBank guys are either playing games, or just plain lazy and don't want to do anything. As soon as this is over, I am closing down the account.

@lucarella, its so pathetic dis happened...using gt online transfer is shit!!! I swear,I bought the token for 3k n was using it until I learnt abt diamond online transfer which take only 2mins!! I repeat 2mins n beneficiary receive an alert immediately with little charges.

I once had issue with diamond bank when I paid my dstv sub on ma mobile app on bb but funny enough, the money left my account but dstv didn't get the money... Though the money was small but I challenged them that its my money,I emailed diamond head office n also called their customer care for like 5times, they told me the money hung inbetwn Diamond n Dstv bt later they sent it n dstv gav me extra 1wk.Diamond infact called afterward to confirm it is settle n also sent me emails apologising.
My advice for u is to write gtbank directly,stating what happened n that you will be greatful if your money is retrieved n credited. You can also make a simple treat by saying you wil make a lawyer take up the case. Bro I bet you wil hear from them that if wat you said here is truly justified.
Bro if u stand up to it, they wil sweep it off cos they know its their app dat made the error.all the best
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by dharmie2014(m): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
lucarella: Mods please bear with me, I'm too upset that I don't know where to place this.

@lucarella, its so pathetic dis happened...using gt online transfer is shit!!! I swear,I bought the token for 3k n was using it until I learnt abt diamond online transfer which take only 2mins!! I repeat 2mins to diamond n other banks n beneficiary receive an alert immediately with little charges,all dis without a token

I once had issue with diamond bank when I paid my dstv sub on ma mobile app on bb but funny enough, the money left my account but dstv didn't get the money... Though the money was small but I challenged them that its my money,I emailed diamond head office n also called their customer care for like 5times, they told me the money hung inbetwn Diamond n Dstv bt later they sent it n dstv gav me extra 1wk.Diamond infact called afterward to confirm it is settle n also sent me emails apologising.
My advice for u is to write gtbank directly,stating what happened n that you will be greatful if your money is retrieved n credited. You can also make a simple treat by saying you wil make a lawyer take up the case. Bro I bet you wil hear from them that if wat you said here is truly justified.
Bro if u stand up to it, they wil sweep it off cos they know its their app dat made the error.all the best

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gtbank by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Are you close to any of GT's branch managers? If so, you can contact him/her directly to take up the case.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of trainings they give to bankers concerning sensitive issues like this. Or all they care about is training them on how to rake in money

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Gtbank by eluquenson(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Your case is pure negligence coupled with a bad internet banking app.
The only way out is to write gtb to instruct firstbank to lien the account for wrong credit basis. That's the only way based on my own experience.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by eldega: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
eluquenson: Your case is pure negligence coupled with a bad internet banking app.
The only way out is to write gtb to instruct firstbank to lien the account for wrong credit basis. That's the only way based on my own experience.

Thats it......
There's no way you can convince your bank that the mistake is not yours but you can still get your money. Gtbank doesnt have access/control over firstbank customers/accounts for them to be able to refund you....the money is gone already and the only way u can get it back is if lien is place on the beneficiary account so that whenever money comes into the account (which I doubt depending on the kind of person)....they transfer it back to you.
walk into your account holding branch or any branch if yours is not close by, request for your statement, you will see d details of the transfer including the account number of the beneficiary...make a formal complain and do a follow up on it......you will get ur money but it solely depend on the integrity of the beneficiary who u mistakingly transfer the money to and not Gtbank or firstbank......

Goodluck bro
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by samuelson06(m): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
I don't think the op need to go farther than this to complain. But I also think they should have their bank name added on google alert so that at every mention, they get alert. I bet you they are aware of this thread. But then I have been using their web app to transfer and never experience this and I don't know them to be a type of bank that should give customers such response. Maybe the cc person just didn't know what he/she should say. The only thing I just hate about them is that their NEFT transfer takes unnecessarily longer before the beneficiary would receive alert. Zenith Bank is instant with even less charges and again their card can be used on a third party site like quickteller for still instant transfer. But GTB would only let you transfer I think below 20k using quickteller and then you can't use quickteller again. My next bus stop I think is going to be Diamond Bank.

cc: Guaranty Trust Bank
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
GT bank,I once had issue with them,I got it resolved when I pasted it here.

Since its here,I bet GTB would respond sharply,they have got name to protect.

On a sincere note,the issue is based on negligence on your part,and the beneficiary withdrawing money not meant for him-perhaps,he could be expecting some money too.

Just don't relent in your communication with GTB.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gtbank by samuelson06(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
eldega:

Thats it......
There's no way you can convince your bank that the mistake is not yours but you can still get your money. Gtbank doesnt have access/control over firstbank customers/accounts for them to be able to refund you....the money is gone already and the only way u can get it back is if lien is place on the beneficiary account so that whenever money comes into the account (which I doubt depending on the kind of person)....they transfer it back to you.
walk into your account holding branch or any branch if yours is not close by, request for your statement, you will see d details of the transfer including the account number of the beneficiary...make a formal complain and do a follow up on it......you will get ur money but it solely depend on the integrity of the beneficiary who u mistakingly transfer the money to and not Gtbank or firstbank......

Goodluck bro

I don't know if the bank can give him the person's phone number. If a man, it easy to track him down using a woman. But then again, location matters here.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by puskin: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
@OP......I don't understand something. Please, enlighten me.

Why did you choose to opt for NEFT transfer (that takes about 24hours depending on the time of day you made the transfer) instead of the NIBSS Instant Transfer that takes seconds to transfer?? undecided undecided
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 4:15am On Sep 03, 2014
puskin: @OP......I don't understand something. Please, enlighten me.

Why did you choose to opt for NEFT transfer (that takes about 24hours depending on the time of day you made the transfer) instead of the NIBSS Instant Transfer that takes seconds to transfer?? undecided undecided

I use a Savings account and so, I was made to understand that there is no instant transfer. That's why I have been using NEFT
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 4:16am On Sep 03, 2014
samuelson06: I don't think the op need to go farther than this to complain. But I also think they should have their bank name added on google alert so that at every mention, they get alert. I bet you they are aware of this thread. But then I have been using their web app to transfer and never experience this and I don't know them to be a type of bank that should give customers such response. Maybe the cc person just didn't know what he/she should say. The only thing I just hate about them is that their NEFT transfer takes unnecessarily longer before the beneficiary would receive alert. Zenith Bank is instant with even less charges and again their card can be used on a third party site like quickteller for still instant transfer. But GTB would only let you transfer I think below 20k using quickteller and then you can't use quickteller again. My next bus stop I think is going to be Diamond Bank.

cc: Guaranty Trust Bank

I am definitely going to Diamond bank afterwards.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 4:18am On Sep 03, 2014
eldega:

Thats it......

Goodluck bro

Thanks bro. But I don't seem to understand how I could transfer to a non registered user. It is not about the money now. It just goes to tell me that their platform is not safe anymore. If my money can be transferred to another person's account when I don't have him registered on my portal. That's scary!
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by eldega: 7:17am On Sep 03, 2014
samuelson06:

I don't know if the bank can give him the person's phone number. If a man, it easy to track him down using a woman. But then again, location matters here.

give him a customers phone number? datz a bit impossible
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by bedfordng(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2014
lucarella:

I use a Savings account and so, I was made to understand that there is no instant transfer. That's why I have been using NEFT
you should have used the instant transfer option that takes within seconds.gtbank has enabled the instant transfer for savings account holder,so you can use it.more over,did you click the get name of the account holder before proceeding to the using of the token.even at the token page,you should have also crossed check the name of the person to know if its wrong or not.i always cross check name of the account holder on the token page before i transfer money.your best shot should be going to gtbank branch to make a complain and show them the exact name you saved on their platform for the transfer and cross check the account number with the one that was wrongly credited.at times some names may be same with some ones else name but the account number may differentiate it,so go to gtbank branch closer to you and show them the name and account number you stored on their internet banking platform for cross checking.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by DeepSoul(f): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Check your transaction history on your internet banking profile. It usually shows all incoming and outgoing transfers.

I use GT bank internet service and I always boast about their efficiency and reliability. I'm quite surprised to hear this story o!
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
bedfordng: you should have used the instant transfer option that takes within seconds.gtbank has enabled the instant transfer for savings account holder,so you can use it.more over,did you click the get name of the account holder before proceeding to the using of the token.even at the token page,you should have also crossed check the name of the person to know if its wrong or not.i always cross check name of the account holder on the token page before i transfer money.your best shot should be going to gtbank branch to make a complain and show them the exact name you saved on their platform for the transfer and cross check the account number with the one that was wrongly credited.at times some names may be same with some ones else name but the account number may differentiate it,so go to gtbank branch closer to you and show them the name and account number you stored on their internet banking platform for cross checking.

I just used the instant transfer feature. I never know that I could do that. Thanks bro.
Re: My Experience With Gtbank by lucarella: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
DeepSoul:
Check your transaction history on your internet banking profile. It usually shows all incoming and outgoing transfers.

I use GT bank internet service and I always boast about their efficiency and reliability. I'm quite surprised to hear this story o!

My question is; how could I have transferred the money to someone who is not registered on my portal. I quite understand that I could have made a mistake by transferring money to another registered beneficiary, but when it comes to transferring money to someone that I never registered, then that is a problem.

I asked them to give me scenarios of cases that validated that one could transfer to someone without registering them, they couldn't. That is where I am shocked.

(1) (Reply)

The New Hundred Naira Note Is Out / Palm Oil For Export From Nigeria / China To Set Up Manufacturing Zone In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.