Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,138 members, 7,957,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Have We Turned ASOEBI Wearing For Occasions To Money Making Venture. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Have We Turned ASOEBI Wearing For Occasions To Money Making Venture. (981 Views)

7 Occasions You Should Never Consider Taking 'selfies' / Photo: Flying Bird Fell & Turned Into A Young Girl In Ogun State / Dressing For Occasions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Have We Turned ASOEBI Wearing For Occasions To Money Making Venture. by shoturtrap(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please my people this has been bothering me. Why has ASOEBI wearing to weddings nowadays a business avenue or a money making venture either to the about to wed couple or the parent of one of them. Especially the girls mum.
The worst is that this people know that most or all their friends cannot comfortably afford to buy and sew the material or that half of their friends aren’t gainfully employed or have a meaningful source of income. Yet you subject them to buying them ASOEBIs. The other day a female friend of mine called me and asked me to lend or give her N12,000 that her friend is wedding and that she must buy the ASOEBI for the event. Some spend upto N15,000 buying and making the ASOEBI.
The part that drives me crazy more is that this couple get these materials cheaper and sell it almost twice their original price to their friend and insist they buy it. Whereby the friend doesn’t buy, that’s the end of that friendship or a seed of discord. You will see a mother telling her daughter that she will get the material for ASOEBI in her wedding that she should tell her friends to come and buy and it’s a must buy. And in some cases u see ladies and even guys doing all sorts of thing or going to any length to buy these materials be it a particular type of colour of suit or a kind of material. At the end of the day you may never wear that cloth again.

I thought ASOEBI was meant to help make the event colourful. Why add extra money to the material, why not help subsidise the price for them, like if you buy at N4000 you tell them I mean your friend that you are gonna give it to them at N2000. Or better still get a cheaper nice material for the thingy than the ones one has to break banks to afford.
Please lets help ourselves. The change we want starts with us. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Soldiers Don Die Finish Oo God Please Help Another Hero Down / 7 Annoying Questions Naija People Ask And Their Answers / The Dangers Of Rubbing Vasline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.