Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? (3532 Views)

What Does Technical Service In Phcn Entail / What Does Actuarial Science Entail? / What Does It Entail To Own Or Publish A Monthly Glossy Magazine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Recently while ruminating on what career path to choose from available options, I came across post-graduate diplomas I could take up into some other fields. Apart from the purpose of upgrading a deficient degree, what does a post-graduate diploma entail (preferrably with respect to the society)?
I'll be grateful for well-meaning responses.
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Kindly. don't hesitate to comment if you know what it's about.
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by ayaomoade: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Post graduate diploma in what course and country?
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
In...
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
ayaomoade: Post graduate diploma in what course and country?
Say...any engineering field; Nigeria (specificaly Chemical Engineering)
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2014
For example, can I get an Msc in Chemical engineering with a postgraduate diploma in chem eng?
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by charleff512(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
A postgraduate Diploma is offered to students who are moving fro one field of study to another
For example if you are an engineer and want to become a teacher a pgd in education would do
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
charleff512: A postgraduate Diploma is offered to students who are moving fro one field of study to another
For example if you are an engineer and want to become a teacher a pgd in education would do
Thanks but don't you think those who have their first degrees in those fields are preferred to those who 'switched'?
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by charleff512(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ehimenboy:
Thanks but don't you think those who have their first degrees in those fields are preferred to those who 'switched'?
For anyone switching to another field of study basically two things are involved
the first is wanting to be fulfilled
while the other is the prospects that abound in such field.
For any advertised position competency is what is required whether you have a first or postgraduate degree in that field as a HR person i can say that we do not have any particular order of preference for any candidate possessing a required certificate either as a first degree or a postgraduate degree
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by spankyflex(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
gurus in the house please is it possible to do direct MSC in biotechnology with bsc in biology education.need reply asap.thanks
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by charleff512(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
spankyflex: gurus in the house please is it possible to do direct MSC in biotechnology with bsc in biology education.need reply asap.thanks
switching to courses in sciences from education depends on the school and credits you have in that field you are switching to.This can be determined by your courses taken at the undergraduate level.
However if you have enough credit loads to be admitted into Msc the school will not hesitate but most science education courses have a balance of Education and sciences in almost equal proportion at first degree so for someone taking sciences and his counterpart in education the odds are that the man in science will have more science credits than the education student hereby making it compulsory for the education to take either a pgd before switching or if the school is magnanimous in granting Msc admission you will be required to do extra loads to meet up.
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by spankyflex(m): 6:52am On Sep 04, 2014
charleff512:
switching to courses in sciences from education depends on the school and credits you have in that field you are switching to.This can be determined by your courses taken at the undergraduate level.
However if you have enough credit loads to be admitted into Msc the school will not hesitate but most science education courses have a balance of Education and sciences in almost equal proportion at first degree so for someone taking sciences and his counterpart in education the odds are that the man in science will have more science credits than the education student hereby making it compulsory for the education to take either a pgd before switching or if the school is magnanimous in granting Msc admission you will be required to do extra loads to meet up.
thanks man

1 Like

Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Ehimenboy(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
Thank you very much charleff 512. How many years does it take to do a PGD and is payment (of fees) made at one time, for all?
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by AmooRidwan: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pls Is It Possible To Switch To Medicine And Surgery With Bnsc In Biology Education
Re: What Fully Does A Post-graduate Diploma Entail? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
spankyflex:
gurus in the house please is it possible to do direct MSC in biotechnology with bsc in biology education.need reply asap.thanks
Hello, were you able to do your MSC in biotechnology without first doing pgd?

(1) (Reply)

18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Was 18 / Urgent!!! Pls I Need Where To Learn Cisco Datacenter In Lagos / HR/Admin Manager Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.