Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,871 members, 7,841,276 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. (18926 Views)

Anambra To Begin Export Of Rice Soon – Gov. Obiano / Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) / Enugu Set To Export Pineapples To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Okeikpu(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
snaiper: nwannne,udo dịịrị gị, okwu gị kwụ ọtọ, ịgbọlụ ife ewu na-eri smiley wink wink chukwu goziri ụmụ Biafra ọfụma. cool
Udo dirikwa gi nwanne.... Asusu Igbo amaka!

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Collynzo16: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
kraftykc:

Like? shocked
You can pick any poor African country of your choice.
Also tell me one country you know that got rich by depending on Agriculture.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 01emek(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
kraftykc:

I would have laughed at that if not because it seems kinda true these days.
yea mhen its kinda true, almost all my relatives marry from Imo and guess what!!

my babe is from orlu and gonna lead to grin grin

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
we have become so lazy both physically and mentally in this country!

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by chesterlee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Banega Asanwa, which part of Imo are you from?
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by HUGES: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bryan12: Those whiteguys in those pictures.Does it mean we can't plant pineapple without the help of these white guys?nonsense
My guy we need those white people seriously if we want to achieve any tangible success. I agree we have technocrats as good as them in fact the former commissioner for Agric in Enugu state Prof. M.A.N Anikwe who was a big part of the success of the project, is a an agriculturist par excellence. HOWEVER, since 1960 we have proved that we cannot handle even the slightest of our endeavours without politics, greed and corruption. If this was entirely our project what you would be hearing now is that the fertilizers were stolen, or diverted, or one committee is fighting with another on who will be the project manager, or the workers haven't been paid etc. If you dont believe me ask South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by IGBOSON1: 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
hjr2014: we have become so lazy both physically and mentally in this country!

^^^If we had continued on the same upward trajectory in agric' that the likes of Okpara, Awo and Sardauna were taking their respective regions in the 60s, we would have been somewhere by now!

Oyel has made us lazy!
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Collynzo16: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^If we had continued on the same upward trajectory in agric' that the likes of Okpara, Awo and Sardauna were taking their respective regions in the 60s, we would have been somewhere by now!

Oyel has made us lazy!
This agriculture stuff is really overrated, there is a reason why they chose to focus on oil. I agree that every country should take agriculture seriously and be at least food sufficient, but the way some of you make it look like agriculture can turn a nation to paradise is what I don't agree with. There are several African countries that practise Agriculture to the level you guys dream of and beyond, but it hasn't really taken them out of poverty.
A good exam is comparing Chad or Niger with Northern Nigeria, those countries have the same soil type with northern Nigeria, have a larger land mass than Nigeria as a whole and depend on Agriculture as a nation, but how has it helped them? The money they make from Agriculture isn't even enough to get them irrigation dams and subsidised fertilizer like what is obtainable in Northern Nigeria courtesy of oil money.
We should by all means take Agriculture more seriously, but it doesn't mean that oil is a curse.
We will be worse off without oil if the only alternative we have is agriculture. Examples are abound world wide. Ghana and Ivory coast sell most of their cocoa to Nestle, but that company is richer than both countries put together, how much more Switzerland where the company is rooted?

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by adconline(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo16: Enugu adigo mma!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-cXqVnap69xQ/UlZUUUQOtBI/AAAAAAAAAs8/IuSkK81hi4w/s1600/DSC_0103.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-I1-QMxdOexg/UlZUSgTriPI/AAAAAAAAAsw/G0BUGj0nRPg/s1600/DSC_0081.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-FBMLi5KIh6I/UlZUX_sWOeI/AAAAAAAAAtM/yr_VGefMgGU/s1600/DSC_0110.jpg[/img]
See the way foreigners are workready with their boots? They are ready to get dirty to make money while Nigerian entourage appears in their designer suit? Naija mentality is, I want to make money and don't want to get dirty.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo16: This agriculture stuff is really overrated, there is a reason why they chose to focus on oil. I agree that every country should take agriculture seriously and be at least food sufficient, but the way some of you make it look like agriculture can turn a nation to paradise is what I don't agree with. There are several African countries that practise Agriculture to the level you guys dream of and beyond, but it hasn't really taken them out of poverty.
A good exam is comparing Chad or Niger with Northern Nigeria, those countries have the same soil type with northern Nigeria, have a larger land mass than Nigeria as a whole and depend on Agriculture as a nation, but how has it helped them? The money they make from Agriculture isn't even enough to get them irrigation dams and subsidised fertilizer like what is obtainable in Northern Nigeria courtesy of oil money.
We should by all means take Agriculture more seriously, but it doesn't mean that oil is a curse.
We will be worse off without oil if the only alternative we have is agriculture. Examples are abound world wide. Ghana and Ivory coast sell most of their cocoa to Nestle, but that company is richer than both countries put together, how much more Switzerland where the company is rooted?

you are thinking about planting and harvesting, it goes beyond that.

ability to convert the raw materials into finished products is the way to make wealth out of agriculture and you cant plan to convert what you don't have in abundance.

how many processing plants are in those countries you mentioned.

does Japan have oil?

2 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Atlast! Seems our leaders are now eager to improve the economy,instead of waiting for handouts from Abuja!
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Collynzo16: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
aguiyi:

you are thinking about planting and harvesting, it goes beyond that.

ability to convert the raw materials into finished products is the way to make wealth out of agriculture and you cant plan to convert what you don't have in abundance.

how many processing plants are in those countries you mentioned.

does Japan have oil?
Well, I have been reading about this Agricultural mantra for long on Nairaland and what I have been able to understand from their comments is planting and harvesting alone. Your postition on converting what you don't have in abundance is wrong, most of the agricultural products in Africa are exported to countries that don't have them in abundance where they are processed to finished products. I gave an example of Nestle which isn't even a country but a company, it buys most of the cocoa exported from Ghana and Ivory coast, but is richer than both countries combined.
The key is manufacturing not agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
gud development... hi guys Taiwo need more frnds,33435E6B
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by JACKOFALTRADE: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bryan12: Those whiteguys in those pictures.Does it mean we can't plant pineapple without the help of these white guys?nonsense
It's pathetic. . .
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo16:
Well, I have been reading about this Agricultural mantra for long on Nairaland and what I have been able to understand from their comments is planting and harvesting alone. Your postition on converting what you don't have in abundance is wrong, most of the agricultural products in Africa are exported to countries that don't have them in abundance where they are processed to finished products. I gave an example of Nestle which isn't even a country but a company, it buys most of the cocoa exported from Ghana and Ivory coast, but is richer than both countries combined.

manufacturing with what pls. the word abundance may have been wrongly used in my comment but you need to have something in order to make the other. Either the knowledge or the material.

since acquiring the knowledge is expensive in view or our per capital income, producing the raw materials which we are naturally gifted to do is the best way to go till we have the capital to start processing our raw materials.

countries with the technical know how on processing of raw materials have little or nothing to worry about their inputs because it can be gotten from Africa for a very cheap sum but Africans lack both the technical well withal and the raw materials. if we export something in return for what we import, our level of budget deficit will reduce while gross domestic product will increase.

how did you even come to the conclusion that Nestle is richer than Ghana and Ivory Coast
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by luvlyoracle(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
tonaydo: my brother am also in this sweet state called enugu and am telling you now that the cost of housing here na die.......its really expensive i doubt if you are staying in the town.......cos to rent a house here aint cheap at all.
I have original xiaomi power banks for you.08083549458
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 5thNOTE: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Edo state has more potential in the production of pinaepple and other products that he mentioned. But the Edo state govt would nt heed to that suggestion, all agric facilities in the state, wether the Ewu Bendel feed and flour mill or the pinaepple jiuce factory at Ehor are all moribund. The pineapple that go to the northern part of the nation are mostly frm Edo. Since the first tenure when he pitched 3 to 4 classroom in most secondary schools in the state he has refused to be concerned about any other thing in the state. He needs to be prosecuted for massive looting
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 5thNOTE: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
aguiyi:

manufacturing with what pls. the word abundance may have been wrongly used in my comment but you need to have something in order to make the other. Either the knowledge or the material.

since acquiring the knowledge is expensive in view or our per capital income, producing the raw materials which we are naturally gifted to do is the best way to go till we have the capital to start processing our raw materials.

countries with the technical know how on processing of raw materials have little or nothing to worry about their inputs because it can be gotten from Africa for a very cheap sum but Africans lack both the technical well withal and the raw materials. if we export something in return for what we import, our level of budget deficit will reduce while gross domestic product will increase.

how did you even come to the conclusion that Nestle is richer than Ghana and Ivory Coast
it is not because of our per capital income that makes us unable to acquire the technical knw-how or manufacturing ability, its due to corruption of our govt offcials. The techonology we are talking about are centuries old technology and still we dont have the fianance to acquire them aftr all the decades and centuries and havnt copied them? And if according to per capital income we cant, it rose frm inflation caused corruption of govt.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
5thNOTE: it is not because of our per capital income that makes us unable to acquire the technical knw-how or manufacturing ability, its due to corruption of our govt offcials. The techonology we are talking about are centuries old technology and still we dont have the fianance to acquire them aftr all the decades and centuries and havnt copied them? And if according to per capital income we cant, it rose frm inflation caused corruption of govt.

so many Nigerians are studying abroad because their parents can afford it while those who are well able return to the country to invest after aquiring the said knowledge.

the impact is not felt because the number is very small compared to the entire population.

so many Nigerians grew from grass to grace, not all rich and enterprising Nigerians are children of politicians.

My Md is a good example. in the 70s when our economy was comparable to so many countries in the west and america, what were we producing if not agricultural raw materials.

we had palm oil, groundnut, cocoa, beans, we had cotton and the rest.

the textile industry alone can employ and increase our GDP.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
kunlesehan: That's a great innovation
Innovation? What is innovative about exportation? Do you even know the meaning of Innovaton? Una go just dey blow anyhow grammar without knowing what you're saying.

Anyway, kudos to the Enugu State govt. At least they are making an attempt at self sustenance.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
01emek: That is the main reason why Enugu should be the capital of Nigeria and the next destination for people who seek cheap housing, good climate (can't stop loving those hills ), low cost of living, tourist destination,vibrant culture and all in all great people.

After Lagos and Abuja, trust me, Enugu comes next tongue # God bless WAWA # God bless NDIGBO # And God bless NKANUUUUUU cheesy
see daft talk. What do you want people from PH, Kano, Cross River and Delta to say when they see that crap you posted. Later you'll be complaining of enemies when you're the one bragging and claiming superiority over everyone else. And all these bragging over pineapples? Smh! You're on your own when people start attacking you o! Ode.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by okych16(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
guttentag: Ebola infected Pinneapple!! Rubbish

e b like ebola dy ur brain...All Dis BB(bad belle) wey no like beta tin
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
guttentag: Ebola infected Pinneapple!! Rubbish
guy, beef dey kill o! Na heart attack ad cardiac arrest e dey cause. Try Turkey grin grin

then step it down with some Enugu pineapples wink
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lakayanah: Someone should tell the north that they so blessed with vast amount of fertile land that they should go 100% into agriculture forget about oil and bokoharam see how far they will get. I tell you it will be beyond their wildest imagination.
And what are they doing now aquaculture? The North contribute more to GDP than oil at the moment. People need to distinguish between Government finances and the overall GDP.
It is not only the North that needs to forget about oil even in the south if you are not working in the oil industry how many people feed from oil.Let us stop this snobbery and arrogance which only comes from ignorance. Oil is NOT the mainstay of our economy. It is the mainstay of government revenues but just 25% of the economy

2 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
ogbuchukwuemeka: good news, NIGERIANS developing Nigeria since 1914
Fixed! Everyone has developed the country in one way or the other. Even the Boko Haram infested North once played a roll.

Be objective smiley
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by ak47mann(m): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Collynzo16:
you are right,same goes with oil&gas if you don't refine it yourself shell and B.p will always be richer cool
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by ak47mann(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
iwonbaoko: And what are they doing now aquaculture? The North contribute more to GDP than oil at the moment. People need to distinguish between Government finances and the overall GDP.
It is not only the North that needs to forget about oil even in the south if you are not working in the oil industry how many people feed from oil.Let us stop this snobbery and arrogance which only comes from ignorance. Oil is NOT the mainstay of our economy. It is the mainstay of government revenues but just 25% of the economy
How can oil&gas revenue only generates 25% income in the economy,apart from oil&gas please name two main finished products nigeria export? cool

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by kunlesehan(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ryabcool: Innovation? What is innovative about exportation? Do you even know the meaning of Innovaton? Una go just dey blow anyhow grammar without knowing what you're saying.

Anyway, kudos to the Enugu State govt. At least they are making an attempt at self sustenance.
Thank God you still managed to say "kudos" to the laudable feat achieved by the Enugu state govt.
Na wa for your type.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
kunlesehan:
Thank God you still managed to say "kudos" to the laudable feat achieved by the Enugu state govt.
Na wa for your type.
lol! Check my other posts in this thread. You'll see i am not doing any badbelle. What i'm against is your wrong use of words. Innovation means something new that has never been done before. Is exporting Pineapples by a government new to the world? No! Then why call it an innovation? Grammar use is important bro.

Enugu has done well with her exportation, but you haven't done well with your grammar. Shikena cheesy
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by kunlesehan(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ryabcool: lol! Check my other posts in this thread. You'll see i am not doing any badbelle. What i'm against is your wrong use of words. Innovation means something new that has never been done before. Is exporting Pineapples by a government new to the world? No! Then why call it an innovation? Grammar use is important bro.

Enugu has done well with her exportation, but you haven't done well with your grammar. Shikena cheesy
has Enugu state done it b4
I.d.i.o.t

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Ryabcool(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
kunlesehan:
has Enugu state done it b4
I.d.i.o.t
lol! You don dey cry? grin grin grin

lol! So because Enugu now does it, the remaining people who did it are now irrelevant? Bros, You dull o!
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
ak47mann: How can oil&gas revenue only generates 25% income in the economy,apart from oil&gas please name two main finished products nigeria export? cool
This is why we need to improve our education standards. 25000 Naira degrees can only lead to ignominy. Thinking is what people are supposed to be learning in school but it is not happening for many.
Income and GDP are not the same thing

Assuming Nigeria produces 2 million barrels of oil daily that works out at 730 million barrels a year at $100 a barrel that is $73 billion
Nigeria claims to have a GDP of $510 billion which shows oil to be around 15% of GDP . which is consistent with this World Bank table
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PETR.RT.ZS

Universities cannot transform sawdust into brains(yet)!!

How can oil&gas revenue only generates

Generate NOT generates are you related to Faka?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Tour To Agrikk Matas Ede, Osun State / Cost Analysis For a 10 Hectares of Cocoa, Watermelon and Plantain Plantation / Kwara Governor Abdulrazaq Launches "Home Farming For All” Kits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.