Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - (805 Views)

Rivers Assembly Refuses To Swear In Nyeche / Doctrine Of NECESSITY Will Be Adopted To Swear In WIKE As Governor / Jonathan Gave Us Money —lagos Igbo Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Omooba77: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2014
LAGOS—Suspended Deputy Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Mr. Festus Ebea, has said that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, did not offer any of the members that defected to PDP from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, money to defect.
He added that he was ready to go to the Oba of Benin shrine to swear that they were not offered money to dump the APC.
Ebea, who spoke with Aviation reporters at the Muritala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said it was the state governor, Adams Oshiomole, who offered him money not to defect to PDP, adding that the current crisis rocking the Edo Assembly was due to the high handedness of the APC leadership in the state.
Edo State Assembly has been unable to sit as a full House since June when thugs evaded the premises and members engaged in a free-for-all.
Two factions of the House have emerged with 15 APC members belonging to one faction, while the other nine members, who are now PDP members in another.
Ebea, who is the leader of the PDP said “We are challenging him,(Oshiomole), let’s go to the Oba’s palace. I am a Christian, a communicant. I now said God because we are Africans, let me get to the level that people will really say, he is trying to prove his innocence. Let’s go to the Oba shrine and swear on who collected money. You heard that I collected N50 million from PDP or N75 million.
“I will swear that if PDP ever offered me money, I will swear even with my family, then Governor Oshiomhole too will swear if PDP actually gave me money and after that I will equally asked him to swear if he offered me money or not, because I was offered money by APC and I refused. Yes, Oshiomhole shared money to the so-called APC members. He offered them money and they know it.”
He accused the governor of high handedness and betraying APC’s founding members in the state.
“Before, people used to say Oshiomhole is the man of the people but he automatically changed. When they shout President Goodluck Jonathan is ruling with impunity or that ‘they stopped my plane,’ don’t listen to them. Governor Oshiomhole is the greatest peddler of impunity.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/can-swear-oba-shrine-pdp-offer-us-money-edo-dep-speaker/#sthash.xVG8SgPg.dpuf
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Omooba77: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2014
Men politics don turn coat..................
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by aljharem(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2014
PDP does not need to offer anyone money before we know APC is someone's business empire.
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Omooba77: 11:12am On Sep 03, 2014
aljharem: PDP does not need to offer anyone money before we know APC is someone's business empire.

LOL...............I fear the man wey sey make dem go visit Opolopolo.......

1 Like

Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by hushmail: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
u dont need to swear

let ur yes b yes

besides who cares it is a well known fact dat all politicians r liars
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by egift(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nobody expected him to announce the money and incentives PDP gave them. Even those caught red-handed are still denying it till today.
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Amanwulu1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
don;t mind dem we knew u were not offered money. By we I mean d truth loving nigerians and not d impostors. Ndi oso chi egbu.
Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Omooba77: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
egift: Nobody expected him to announce the money and incentives PDP gave them. Even those caught red-handed are still denying it till today.
We could have checked his cap or hat...................

1 Like

Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
egift: Nobody expected him to announce the money and incentives PDP gave them. Even those caught red-handed are still denying it till today.

The solution is simple, Tell Oshimole to go and swear with him and we will know the truth of who offered each other money. APC is known for buying supporters and members with money and political position promises which is why they have no future in Nigeria because when they can't meet the promises they have made to the people they lured onto their party, you know what follows next

2 Likes

Re: I Can Swear In Oba Shrine PDP Did Not Offer Us Money —Edo Dep Speaker - by egift(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
gboss4sure:

The solution is simple, Tell Oshimole to go and swear with him and we will know the truth of who offered each other money. APC is known for buying supporters and members with money and political position promises which is why they have no future in Nigeria because when they can't meet the promises they have made to the people they lured onto their party, you know what follows next

@Bold: When did the Federal Republic of Nigeria start operating a Shrine? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Jonathan Government Goes Rogue; As Oritsejafor Hide Behind One Finger / Boko Haram: Abducted Girls Released / Read Atiku Abubakar’s Presidential Declaration Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.