Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

My Boko Haram Story, By Ali Modu Sherrif, Ex Borno Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Boko Haram Story, By Ali Modu Sherrif, Ex Borno Gov (567 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Boko Haram Story, By Ali Modu Sherrif, Ex Borno Gov by hostlink500: 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Being the text of the World Press Conference by Former Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff over link with Boko Haram.

Gentlemen of the Press, I am constrained to address you today happenings in some sections of the media, so as to correct the erroneous and mischievous impressions being created about my person. I have restrained myself from joining issues with those making uncomplimentary comments about me regarding the Boko Haram crisis because I know that all right thinking Nigerians can see through the plot being employed to divert attention from the real issues at stake and to denigrate me in the eyes of the public. As you are aware, my name is being mentioned for obvious political reasons as a culprit over the unfortunate happenings in Borno State and some parts of the country, especially from the 2009 Boko Haram episode to date. I must say that I have been utterly embarrassed by some of the negative comments, insinuations and unfounded accusations, which were clearly misdirected, narrow and mischievous From the time I left office in 2011, I had been unfairly accused of so many things in connection with the Boko Haram sect.

Firstly, I was accused of entering into an agreement with the sect to implement Sharia Law in the State so as to support my candidacy during the gubernatorial election in 2003 and that I broke that promise, which was why they resorted to armed struggle as a strategy to implement it. Secondly, I was accused of having linkage with the sect and thirdly, my Administration was also accused of not acting on security reports related to their activities, which was believed to have given the group the space to operate and cause the mayhem experienced. I wish to correct the misconception tenaciously held by some people that linked me to the sect even when several evidences point to the contrary. Ordinarily, I would have continued in my silence, but the smear campaign seems to be assuming a life of its own with the recent purported interview granted by a’ supposed Australian, Stephen Davis, whose identity remains suspect,.http://www.secret2020.com/my-boko-haram-story-by-ali-modu-sherrif-ex-borno-gov/
Re: My Boko Haram Story, By Ali Modu Sherrif, Ex Borno Gov by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
I expect the ICC to swing into action by inviting Sheriff, Ihejirika and the Australian to Freetown.
Re: My Boko Haram Story, By Ali Modu Sherrif, Ex Borno Gov by Jnrbayerno(m): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
SAS! you actually started all these!

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Need To Know Today Saturday 13th Of September,2014. / Former PDP National Vicechairman Joins Lagos Guber Race / 10 Types Of Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.