Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) (1291 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by chocolateme(f): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
"Father bless and sanctify this food for us in Jesus name Amen, we cover this this food with the blood of Jesus".
That is the exact words used by our parents to raise us to pray before food with our right hand spread over the food.
Do you know that up till this adult age, all six of us still say that exact prayer over food before eating. Its funny shaa, I have tried to changge words but couldn't. Do you experience that too? Share yours..

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Brb lemme ask my moma first
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Kanwulia: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
For what we are about to receive. . . . May The Lord make us truly thankful!

Simple! kiss

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Jnrbayerno(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bless us Oh Lord and this your gift which we are about to receive for your bounty, through christ our Lord Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
"May God bless this food in Jesus name Amen."

the shortest version grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by chocolateme(f): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
snowprince07: Brb lemme ask my moma first
Yea go ahead, we are waiting....
#Team#plusGodminusDevil#
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by nwababy: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Jnrbayerno: Bless us Oh Lord and this your gift which we are about to receive for your bounty, through christ our Lord Amen!
. We prayed same prayer in my family too.

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by trixandra(f): 5:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Jnrbayerno: Bless us Oh Lord and this your gift which we are about to receive for your bounty, through christ our Lord Amen!
Still using it till now. Any other one sounds foreign to my tongue

2 Likes

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by IFY124(f): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2014
Gozie anyi na onyinye nu nwa, O oseburuwa anyi jeko I nata afoma gi site na kristi dinwenu anyi ; amen. I am teaching my children same and they are learning so fast

3 Likes

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Tinyemeka(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Bless us O Lord and this Your gift which we are about to receive from Thy goodness, through Christ our Lord. Amen!

Simples. smiley
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by BluStreak(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
chocolateme: "Father bless and sanctify this food for us in Jesus name Amen, we cover this this food with the blood of Jesus".
That is the exact words used by our parents to raise us to pray before food with our right hand spread over the food.
Do you know that up till this adult age, all six of us still say that exact prayer over food before eating. Its funny shaa, I have tried to changge words but couldn't. Do you experience that too? Share yours..

My dear @OP. Those are our exact prayers o. it is so much a part of me that I do it even in public places and restaurants. Deep within me I feel it is unjust to eat your food without thanking God who made it possible. The only thing missing in ours in the 2nd stanza "I cover this food with the blood of Jesus." I forgot to add that ours is rendered in our Igbo language. It goes like this "Chineke gozie anyi, gozie nri'a anyi n'eri ka odi anyi mma n'aru site na Jesus Christ bu'onye nwe anyi. Amen."

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bless this food oh Lord

Bless this food we are about to take

We thank you oh Lord for providing this food

Bless this food and cover it with the blood of Jesus

Sanctify this food with the fire of the holy ghost

In Jesus name
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by dytbabe: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Some have food bt cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat, glory be to God
Amen

Bless this food
Oh lord
For christ sake
Amen

4 Likes

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by BluStreak(m): 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ours is rendered in my Igbo language. It goes like this "Chineke gozie anyi, gozie nri'a anyi n'eri ka odi anyi mma n'aru site na Jesus Christ bu'onye nwe anyi. Amen." I still do that till date in that old fashioned way despite all the education and exposure. It is a deeply rooted part of me. I don't know about my other siblings.
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Missmossy(f): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
You forgot to add,Jesus comecheesy and eat,satan go away.

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by dapsy4u2(m): 11:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lizabeth: Bless this food oh Lord

Bless this food we are about to take

We thank you oh Lord for providing this food

Bless this food and cover it with the blood of Jesus

Sanctify this food with the fire of the holy ghost

In Jesus name
cheesy cheesy
. Bless this food oh Lord for Christ sake....... Amen! smiley
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by dapsy4u2(m): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
chocolateme: "Father bless and sanctify this food for us in Jesus name Amen, we cover this this food with the blood of Jesus".
. Nwa Nne! Keije I no see you for my contacts again..... Maka why?
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 19, 2014
Some have food they can not eat , some can eat they have no food, we have food and we can eat, glory be to thee oh lord, amen !!

1 Like

Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by MabraO: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2014
Some of u re so funny
The op said childhood prayers not adulthood prayers

Well me don't even remember to bless my good Cos I know it already blessed
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by chocolateme(f): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
dapsy4u2 post=/post/26420159:
. Nwa Nne! Keije I no see you for my contacts again..... Maka why?
no vex ooo. I lost my phone
Re: Your Childhood Prayer Before Eating Food (unchanged Habit) by dapsy4u2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
chocolateme: no vex ooo. I lost my phone

ABEG I DON MISS YOU. ADD ME ASAP wink

(1) (Reply)

Babyosisi Contd / A Caring Husband Or........ / Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.