Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (45115 Views)

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by debeey87(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2013
This is Josh and Bre Curtas, a devout Christian couple, minutes before their wedding ceremony, now living in Virginia. Josh wanted to be sure they started their marriage off right, so without seeing the bride before the ceremony, they sat around the corner from one another, held hands and prayed.

Photographer Kimberly Burke snapped this photo of Bre and Josh holding hands and praying before their wedding in August 2012. Burke told HuffPost Weddings that the photo went viral back in January when Bre wrote a blog post about it.

This week, this photo went viral for a second time on the internet after the New York Daily News wrote about the photo on Wednesday.

Bre wrote in her blog post recently that she wanted to share the story behind the photo for the hundreds of thousands of people who found inspiration through this sweet moment she and her husband had.

Below is the story behind the Photo worte and posted by Bre (originally available here)

Moments before I was to walk down the aisle my soon to be mother in law came in the dressing room where my bridesmaids and I were all gushing with giggles and fluttering about finishing last minute details.

"Sweetheart, your groom has called for you!".

In a nervous tizzy I said, "What?! I'm not ready! I have to get my shoes and..."She had already taken my hand and led me to a corner, where my groom was waiting. I barely sat down; I was filled with so much anticipation! So much excitement! So many nerves!

"Is he going to like my dress? Does my hair look pretty? Can he see me?!"

Right around the corner sat my soon to be husband, I so was nervous he might see me yet secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of him. In my excited state I was the first to speak,

"Hi sweetie! We're getting married today!"

"I know baby and I want to pray with you before we do."

There we sat around the corner hand in hand, and together we bowed our heads. People were rushing about; the wedding coordinator directing people here and there, the photographers snapping photos and the bridal party enjoying each others company. Yet in that moment, in the quietness of our hearts and minds, my husband and I were alone in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

My husband prayed that God would bless our marriage, that through thick or thin together we would never lose hope in one another. That instead of focusing on each others imperfections we would always rely on Christ's perfection. That we would wake up every day and chose to love one another not through our own strength but by the power of Christ's perfect love.

With our hands clenched tightly to one another together we said "Amen", both with shaky voice and just like that I was whisked away to blot the tears off my face and put on my veil.

After my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and every other girl in the room had finished zipping, curling, tucking and blushing me up I looked in the mirror. There I stood wearing my pure white wedding dress, ready to walk down the aisle to my Prince Charming.

See, he is not only my Prince Charming because of his incredibly handsome looks, or wonderful humor, or the fact that we have so much in common. He is my Prince Charming because he helped me protect the most precious gift that I owned, my purity.

Soon after we had started dating I nervously told my Prince that I was a virgin and planned to be until the night of my wedding; to which he replied he would have it no other way.

Throughout our dating relationship and engagement we constantly fought, what at times felt like a losing battle. We fought temptation with prayer, scripture and accountability. I had friends checking up on me if they knew we were together late at night and he regularly met with other Godly men to pray for strength. At times, especially as the wedding grew closer, we thought we were attempting to do the impossible.

"Why are we doing this?" I would ask in my weakness, and he would remind me, that it's because God had told us too.

"I can't do it, I can't... this is too hard!" he would confess to me and I would pray for his strength.

When I walked down the aisle in my white dress, I looked straight into the eyes of the man that had laid himself down to protect and honor the wife that God had given him.

When his eyes first caught mine he looked into the face of the woman that had waited for him, the woman that would support him and love him for the rest of His life, through good times and bad.

I share all of this because in that prayer we prayed, which was captured here on camera we asked the Lord to use our wedding to bring Him all of the glory that He rightfully deserved. We had not gotten where we were by our own strength, but by His hand of protection on our relationship.

God has used this photo to inspire hundreds of thousands of people already and for that we are humbled and honored! I wanted to take it a step further and give God praise and thanks for how we arrived at that quiet corner, holding hands and ready to begin our lives together.

211 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Gosj01(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2013
truely

8 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Kennito90(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2013
So inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by SalC: 11:07am On Nov 13, 2013
That's a good one. God first!

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by yetseyi(f): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2013
hmm
''we fought temptation with prayer, scripture and accountablity''
nice one

8 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by SU37fighter: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice and inspiring.
Unfortunately,this kind woman is very rare.
1 in a billion or something.

9 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by amieesuccess: 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
I'm so loving this, very rare to find in our society today

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by debeey87(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Though rare but they abound. I believe its just a decision between the duo that matas

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ohibenemma(m): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Victosin09(f): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
So touching...i really do like this idea. God help me too

4 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by fckyourman: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Why are some Mods Stu.pid, this topic has been on the Front Page ages ago,why keep recycling old news idi.ots.

13 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by iBukas: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
I love it so much

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Merkki(f): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
I should try this out in my NEXT wedding.

Photo saved as a reminder. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by costandi(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Awesome Indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by bammo: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
'

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by savcy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Don't u just love 'oyinbo' love? Jesus sure does things.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.... I admire them.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by idedan(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Nice and inspiring.
Unfortunately,this kind woman is very rare.
1 in a billion or something.
Dey abound and are around. I see what u r looking for.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by costandi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Merkki: I should try this out in my NEXT wedding.

Photo saved as a reminder. Thanks.
NEXT Wedding?.. Its like you're married to nations already cheesy

5 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
This story is so beautiful and inspiring. Why in God's name are these kind of men SO RARE? Why?!?? cry angry

7 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
*wipes off tears* So touching. ;(

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nairaarea: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
nice
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ishilove: This story is so beautiful and inspiring. Why in God's name are these kind of men SO RARE? Why?!?? cry angry
This story is so beautiful and inspiring. Why in God's name are these kind of women SO RARE? Why?!?? cry angry. The kind of women we have are the types that want to know if their fiance is not impotent and "without sinning"

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by SecretDreams(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
This is cool, Romans 1:16, I'm proud to be a christian, nobody can take that away from me ! This is a lesson to everybody, stay pure no matter what anybody says, it counts. Shalom !

6 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Iaz93: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
...only death will part them. cool

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by kstyle2(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
all dis our nl gurls wey dey spread legs pas d way pple dey spread rumour no go lyk dis kain news...many skanks here don loose their virginity 2 recharge cards, bb, good grades.....lord 4giv me my sins sha.....quite inspiring

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by pri3stess(f): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
A Nigerian couple did the same. No biggie

8 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by whosefault(f): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ishilove: This story is so beautiful and inspiring. Why in God's name are these kind of men SO RARE? Why?!?? cry angry
men of this character are everywhere but most girls don't like them, you only wish for them ' the boy in question' after exploring your dreams of prince charming with muscular body that are good in .

4 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by anselm791(m): 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Is this a nice story? Yes! Am I inspired by it? Nah! I don't know why they had to wait till they're about to walk down the aisle before they remembered they've not prayed since morning. As for the virginity, I wonder how most of them girls who has lost it would feel now, but hey! The story is not supposed to inspire everyone right?

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
So touching.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Merkki(f): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
costandi:
NEXT Wedding?.. Its like you're married to nations already cheesy

Lmao @ nations cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.