Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,032 members, 7,956,822 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? (5475 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / I See No Good Reason To Marry / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by walexzee11(m): 2:55am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Are you trying to insinuate that it is customary for Eastern women to keep extra marital affairs? Really? Man, you forget this is a problem plaguing the entire human habitation irrespective race, tribe or ethnicity. Come to think of it, "Magun" a potent which traps a man and a woman together when in the sexual act, where is it from? East? Why is it a Yoruba Potent? could it be that Yoruba women cant help but sleep with their husbands friends and relatives? Worst off is that, the husbands know whom their wives are sleeping with, but too much of cowards to confront hence; the Magun.
Infidelity is all over the place, but its prevalent amongst the Yorubas. I have two close Yoruba friends whose wives wont open up to them except raped. Can you imagine fighting to rape your wife, the woman you gathered the whole world and Marry?
But these ladies sleep outside, these men know, we all know, but no one is talking about it. The cases have been to their families, the men are told these things happen everywhere, theirs shouldn't be different. They are not Igbos, but Yoruba.
Yoruba ladies are clean only when they are dressed and out of the house, follow them home...
Am not Igbo by the way.
To enlighten you, the fear of Magun is one of the real reason Yoruba is not as promiscuous as you think. And pls your friend's family value may not conform with that of the generality of Yoruba because they might have deviated from the core value of the Yoruba society, I can't just place the scenario you just narrated happening in a society like that of Yoruba and the family are even encouraging the man to bear his wife's infidelity if not moral decadence!
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by porshuch: 9:58am On May 14, 2016
harrysterol:
Haven been opportune to travel to some part of Nigeria and also meeting vast variety of my fellow Nigerians both male and female,i think a man has to look beyond facial looks and character and consider some other things which some people may feel are not necessary but are vital for a man in marriage and should be considered in my opinion.
As the saying goes "A hungry Man is An angry Man” Food is one of the unseen vital role that is been played in many south south and igbo culture that keeps the man at home and making him happy, to further attest to this, a man with two wives always have competition among his wives especially in food aspect which keeps him happy with the woman that feeds him more therefore according more money and materialistic things including attention to that particular wife.
A man that has been eating good food will find it difficult and unnecessary to eat outside apart from his home, been prone to eating outside as a married man can lead you to certain unseen stories been observed in everyday life most leading to broken homes, having mistresses,food poisoning and a host of others just to mention few
With respect to my fellow yoruba people I have observed in many occasions where the woman of the house does not cook but rather gives the kids money to eat road side food, this alone incorporate character in that child which he or she grows up with, therefore making the female children practically unable to be a good house wife material in the kitchen
Haven spent most time in the western part of Nigeria especially lagos I have seen this peculiar character in the female gender not just by observations but by practical examples
One of the illustrative example among the many I have had with my yoruba female girlfriend has been she cooking fried egg with what I could not imagine,the second has been a very annoying situation with a food which was supposed to be a delicacy called fried rice turn out tobe a ("doomicacy"wink that left me stooling for days, it dint only end there among many I can't explain
With this point so far been expansiated I doubt in my right sense I will want to marry a yoruba female
N/B this is just my opinion, if food does not count in marriage then u can give me a better reason to marry a yoruba
I don't think is only yoruba way,, I think is a general way of living for most people in Lagos . Here in Festac I see a lot of igbo mothers that buy school lunch from mama put. I hv seen them several times. I have an aunty that leaves in aguda, do you she doesn't cook in her house except on Sundays. So it's a general problem in lagos, every tribe is guilty of that except Hausa women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parents Or Intending Parents, You Must Read This / Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase / Respect That Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.