Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:59 PM

If You Solve This Math Problem You'll Get $1 Million Prize Change Internet - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / If You Solve This Math Problem You'll Get $1 Million Prize Change Internet (769 Views)

Try This Math Problem / I Don't Need Math / Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Solve This Math Problem You'll Get $1 Million Prize Change Internet by davidsmith8900: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
One of the deepest questions in computer science is called P vs. NP, and answering the question would earn you a million-dollar prize. P vs. NP is one of the Clay Mathematics Institute Millennium Prize Problems, seven problems judged to be among the most important open questions in mathematics.

P vs. NP is about finding algorithms, or computer programs, to solve particular math problems, and whether or not "good" algorithms exist to solve these problems. Good algorithms allow a computer to come up with a solution to a problem relatively quickly, even if the size of the input to the problem is very large. Problems for which computer scientists have found good algorithms are said to be in the "complexity class" P.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/p-vs-np-millennium-prize-problems-2014-9#ixzz3CMju2iaU

Link ~> http://www.businessinsider.com/p-vs-np-millennium-prize-problems-2014-9
Re: If You Solve This Math Problem You'll Get $1 Million Prize Change Internet by DickDastardly(m): 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
P vs NP?
Peter vs No Paul (p-square) = Lola omotayo wahala cheesy
Note: J is a constant. i.e Jude

Now my $1m angry
Re: If You Solve This Math Problem You'll Get $1 Million Prize Change Internet by hummerwise(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Enable God Mode In Windows 7 And Vista / I Will Convert PSD To HTML5,CSS3 With Responsive In 72 Hours / Help With C++ Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.