Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child (30207 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by davdandam(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
It wasn't funny sha I was tryna fix the water heater in the bathroom with a friend and we both got electrocuted lol see shout and run Lolz,the other time I inserted nail inside extension box hmmmm funny memories,you know the way guys rode metal step hand rails from top to buttom, I tried it with concrete rails see as my belle tear jeez.....

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by oluwanoni: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
When I was young my dad's family hosted lots of parties..on this occasion, I saw a bottle of star, thinking like a kid...i drank a whole bottle....alas it was kerosine...i fainted but was lucky to be revived back... cheesy...till today my peeps still use it to make jest of me.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by McWhillion(m): 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
ideyhere: If I come back from school, before my elder sister finish looking for neat clothes, I would have gone to the laundry basket, remove cloth, enter kitchen and pounce on the food... grin

And I loved playing so much that I always ended up with serious home accidents. Can remember two incidents; one I was sitting on a high stool and backing the stairs...where my mouth wouldn't stay one place, I tumbled from the sit and rolled to the base of the stairs. The other one I was swinging between the arm of two cushions...my hand slipped and I fell with so much force that I bit off my tongue...my tongue had to be stitched that day cheesy
Reminds me of a day I tied that black tiny rubber used in plaiting hair to my sister's baby walker and tied the loose end to my bicycle. I was just 4 then. We lived upstairs then and we were at the balcony.
I put her in the front and I was using my bicycle to push her from the back, all of a sudden she began somersaulting down the stairs, I didn't know she was that close to the stairs. How it happened I don't know but she landed uprightly as if someone brought her down the stairs on purpose, she was not hurt and funny enough she wasn't crying. I was just there on my bicycle looking down at her, like a fool!
Things that kids do!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by AriDsexy(f): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
phayvoursky: I used to be scared of bathing cold water. Before bathing I'd spend more than 5 minutes rehearsing on how to pour the water on my body.

I hated bathing outside cause I felt Adaobi my neighbour would be looking at my unclothedness... so when bathing I hide my stuff.
Yes,same thing with me...funny enough,I still do that,I say a short prayer before bathing cold water grin
Also like using mum's makeup and wearing oversized shoes and checking myself out in the mirror as a child.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by davdandam(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
icekidgodfrey: Real hilarious man!! Sometimes I wish I could revisit my childhood, be a guest and actually watch the younger me do all them crazy thang!!!
*I never really liked wearing my shirt, they either hung from my shoulder or was stylishly folded around my neck & head.
*I'd hang out with some group of hard-headed boys like myself. It was like a gang, we go around committing little neighbourhood crimes; broke people's glass windows, took off the bulb in people's bicycle to construct our own lights, lol. Riding spoiled bicycles down a hill was our hobby; nobody cared how dangerous it was.
*I preferred throwing stones at unripe mangos, to eating cooked food at home.
*Hunted and killed lizards just for fun! Lol
*Never got home directly from school, I'd hang around & mob the neighbourhood with my 'gang', committing all sorts of little crimes.
*Played football in the beside people's windows, and there's this wicked 'auntie' in every neighbourhood that like seizing balls, and I can't forget how hilarious we sounded everytime we try to beg for our ball. Sometimes when we don't get it back; we throw stones & cursed at her.
*Whoever lived in a storey-building 'had money'
*We would peep through neighbours' windows to watch films. We always got chased away, but we wouldn't go away. They most times results to measures like pouring water, sand, saliva on us just to drive us away.
*Cashew nuts, rubber bands had the same value as cocaine.
*Sitting boy-girl-boy-girl in school was the biggest punishment!...
Oh lawwd I could go on forever!! All the 'isi-okpukpu' boys can relate, lol. 90sbabies re d best generation!! I miss my childhood, I really do!! cheesy cheesy
Boy and gal Lolz I tell you, we ruled a line o, shared portions if she dare cross she don die

5 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by mimiy05: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
Jackeeh: I used to hide lumps of eba either under d dining table or gum them behind the fridge n shout " mummy I've finished eating. See my plate is empty". And when d coast is clear, I'd remove them from were I stashed them n throw over the fence. Little did I know I was throwing them into someone's farm. One morning, someone knocked at our gate,and when it was opened, in came this man with all my supposedly swallowed garri that I had been throwing away. N I mean the whole lot of them, everything. I was mortified. And from then on,whenever I had garri as lunch,it would be under the strictest supervision. And then,making me finish even the smallest amount of eba was d cruelest thing u could do to me. But now I don't even get satisfied with a large amount of eba. Hmmmmmmm childhood!!!
hahaha...i and my younger ones used to do it wella....we used to throw ours on nxt compound neighbour's roof...sometimes we'd throw it on the floor and shout "this one has fallen down..satan has eaten it so we cnt eat it again" lol

4 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by ebubay(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Have you Registered for the Sustainability in the Extractive Industries Conference(#SITEI)? Do not be left behind click here to register https:///oRIhPmEvLm
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by napoleonbaba(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ironed my lil bro diaper(pampers)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by smudge2079(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
teeo: I used to bite my elder sister anytime we fought. I had very sharp teeth. grin
lil Suarez in war mode.
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Akell: grin used to pray a particular prayer almost everyday when sent in an errand. Whenever I get to a particular spot, I'll pray that God should change me from boy to girl..... grin grin grin when ever I look back, I'm always like OMG

Plus I used to play daddy and mummy. Did that a lot though.... thank God it was a very big compound with 5 flats. Enough to people to...
That daddy and mummy play was the bomb meehnn. Many things use to happen after the whole play.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by AriDsexy(f): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
oluwanoni: When I was young my dad's family hosted lots of parties..on this occasion, I saw a bottle of star, thinking like a kid...i drank a whole bottle....alas it was kerosine...i fainted but was lucky to be revived back... cheesy...till today my peeps still use it to make jest of me.
"A whole bottle of kerosene"Oh dear!I find this so hard to believe because even the smell of kerosene is something else,so I wonder how u felt when you tasted it alone and still went ahead to finish the whole bottle.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Everyone calls me ''Destroyer'' when i was little. I will leave everything i did back then to your imagination. grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hehehe. I didn't like school @ all as a kid...so what was yours?
***mine was d craziest shaa I would take my bath put on my unifrm like a good boy and leave 4 school only 4 me 2go and hang until d cost is clear(that's when dad &mum leave 4 their respective offices then I go come back home pull off and start roaming d whole town or play games.
until one fateful day our amebo neighbors noticed and gave my mama some hint my mom asked 4 my books I went and copy an old note starting from d bottom 2 top and wrote d date correctly 4 my small innocent mind I thought I have outsmarted my mom(I don 4get say school of those days teach Dem well)na so my mama flog devil comot my body so tey I no belive say d body na my own.lol Av don so many crazy thing that I don't even believe I did dem

6 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Tic4tac(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eddlad: Well here goes..

I used to take up flash light to the top of our house and throw it to the sky.......hoping to see what was behind all that darkness. cheesy
loool
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by oluwanoni: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
AriDsexy:
"A whole bottle of kerosene"Oh dear!I find this so hard to believe because even the smell of kerosene is something else,so I wonder how u felt when you tasted it alone and still went ahead to finish the whole bottle.
Hehehe not a whole bottle...but a considerable about...you'll be shocked to find what kids get away with when young.

1 Like

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
apidum: during childhood i was always been exposed to nigerian movies,so on a faithful day i got a rope to hang myself as i have watched in nigerian movies. As i tied the rope to an iron and round my head and as i watched from movies,i feel from the chair i used in climbing but thank God someone just saved me before i killed myself because i lost my conciousness
Hmmm...this one isn't hilarious @all. it was a heavy risk you took, thankGod for your life.

1 Like

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Gooci(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
it was on my birthday.. i think 7yrs. my mumci had gone to market t buy turkey and the rest but bfor she came back, i had cut my face. grin i was throwing this table tennis egg high up and i wuld dive to catch it. At a point, i threw it up bt when i dived, i neva i had reach infron of one big table shocked.. chaii, i dived straight inside the table nd i hit my face jst againt the edge of one of the stands of the table.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Tic4tac(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
teeo: I used to bite my elder sister anytime we fought. I had very sharp teeth. grin
Suarez
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by vicadex07(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
My dad told me if I came first in my exams, he was going to buy me a bicycle. I never truly understood what the concept was then so I outdid myself. I made sure I was "first" to finish and submit. grin

Immediately I got home, I broke the news to my dad filled with joy and satisfaction. Immediately he heard, he was like how did you know you are the first when your results haven't been released and I was like "I was the first to finish and submit dad, am not lying, you can ask my aunty"...and that was the end of the story. All the explanation he gave me fell on deaf ears. angry At the time I felt he betrayed my trust so that he won't be obliged to fulfil his promise of buying me the bicycle embarassed

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Abduletudaye(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kai..I love this thread! There was reconstruction happening in my house so I picked up a chisel and chiseled my knee by accident and my mumu self could only stand up and start jogging up and down thinking blood wouldn't come out..guess what? Blood oozed out like say I wan donate. cheesy.. Mama came home to treat and to beat me..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by McWhillion(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...My mum and dad told me somethings about me.....they said i loved singing and dancing alot....i ll always sing and dance around the neighbourhood with my band boys and girls.....

...My dad as a very young and vibrant man back then, he recorded a cassette for me...we still have it at home....whenever i listen to that same cassette, am always touched by my sweet and tiny voice laced with those concentrated Ekiti dialect......My dad also said i love eating burnt food... as in Eepa...I hope my yoruba peeps understand what am trying to say.....I ll always eat in the pot...with those thick charcoal staining my clothes and body...I had a gigantic stomach then....
And look at you now, all grown up and beautiful.
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by napoleonbaba(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
I almost inscribe a CAPITAL LETTER "S" on my chest(SUPER MAN) with boiling ring thank god for my uncle early intervention

10 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Tic4tac(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Whenever I'm sent an errand...would be counting d number of steps i take while i run or jog.. as if it was a game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
There are lots of them...I can go on and on and on...talking about them. But sadly those are memories I try to forget. sad but the nostalgia -I can't bear! It makes me remember my dead mum. sad how I wish things were different. Enjoying your comments. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by litetias(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
You dared not leave any money lying around when I was a kid. Thank God I outgrew that!

5 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
snowprince07: ***mine was d craziest shaa I would take my bath put on my unifrm like a good boy and leave 4 school only 4 me 2go and hang until d cost is clear(that's when dad &mum leave 4 their respective offices then I go come back home pull off and start roaming d whole town or play games.
until one fateful day our amebo neighbors noticed and gave my mama some hint my mom asked 4 my books I went and copy an old note starting from d bottom 2 top and wrote d date correctly 4 my small innocent mind I thought I have outsmarted my mom(I don 4get say school of those days teach Dem well)na so my mama flog devil comot my body so tey I no belive say d body na my own.lol Av don so many crazy thing that I don't even believe I did dem
Wow! That was extreme. You spoil fast o. She no even flog you well...
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Die hard...kid
I used sissors to cut live wire...tho i wasnt shock dnt knw why.. nx i heard was an explosion.. every appliance wrking stop...

2 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by thrizzle(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
when I was like 9 I had a crush on my next door neighbor she was like 21 so whenever I see her id run into the house and rub powder lol like powder attracts girls lol

8 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by kika23(f): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Oh again again.... I was about 10 when i smoked and my family friend was there(unluckily).... I made her swear by the bible that she wouldn't tell.... She did... Two days later my mum called me and asked me to kneel in front of her... I got the beating of my life.... She TOLD.... angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by AriDsexy(f): 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
oluwanoni:
Hehehe not a whole bottle...but a considerable about...you'll be shocked to find what kids get away with when young.
Now u'r talking grin.
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
I will pretend to be asleep, immediately my aunt leaves the room I would open one eye to watch movie, hate siesta
Re: Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Remember when I went to my mums village for the first time. I was a very chubby small girl. Was about 4 years or so. Those village children that always look dirty liked coming close to me. They were small, and only wore pant. I had never seen such before. Maybe I didn't think they were human beings cus I started pinching them. I didn't understand how they'd look like that. I just used to pinch them cus I was upset that they looked so unkempt. When I pinch them they start crying, I just remove my face like nothing happened. May God forgive me. I feel bad when I remember this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me. A Picture Collage Of My Transformation From Birth. / Landlord Beats Pregnant Woman Into Coma, Loses Her Pregnancy (Photo) / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.