Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. (12206 Views)

At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / Saudi Arabia :23% Of Children Have Been Raped; 46% Of Students Are Gay / 46% Of Nigeria's Smartphone Users Own A Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
The admission list into the Federal Government Academy, Suleja aka Suleja Academy (a special school for the gifted) for the 2014/2015 academic session is out and a cursory analysis of the list shows that students of Igbo origin make up 46% of the list.

See link for full list:
http://fgasuleja.com/fga2014results.html

5 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
I'm so happy for my tribe

1 Like

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Ramnon2: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hehehehe. Sunnybobo, you are giving ''them'' heart attack grin grin grin

Do we have these colleges in Ibadan and Ogbomosho? If so who are the leading merit candidates?

7 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by UnknownT: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
46%? To me that is poor!!!! gringrin what happened to 75%?
Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by passion007: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
Interesting!
So, you are saying that 46% of Nigeria's Gifted Children are Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by asadike(f): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
guy,abugodim onye igbo

1 Like

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dominating the north and the sw educationally.

11 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by tobtap: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
other nigerians dont attend such low standard schools again...maybe na mostly ur peeps do attend...

2 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by omongbatim: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
tobtap: other nigerians dont attend such low standard schools again...maybe na mostly ur peeps do attend...

Those other non Igbo names are not Nigerians, abi? Ostrich yoruba living in denial since eon.

14 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by henchamb(m): 12:00am On Sep 06, 2014
UnknownT: 46%? To me that is poor!!!! gringrin what happened to 75%?

see your teeth, as brown as Ibadan roof

14 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by UnknownT: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2014
henchamb:

u didn't see the king's college %? Even with our states having d highest cut off for both boys n girls. This is low compared to that. For d brown teeth, sorry i am not into online insults.

1 Like

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by IGBOSON1: 1:34am On Sep 06, 2014
Let merit be the primary consideration for the day-to-day running of this country, that's all i ask......then watch where this country will be in the next 10 years! When regions/zones realize they're being left behind and that there's no free lunch anymore, they'll put in the extra effort and catch up with the rest!

Those that feel they need quota-system and federal character to get on in life are doing themselves no favors! Think i'm joking?.......Just take a look at the North: they've been aided with these twin retrogressive policies to stay in touch with the rest since the end of the civil war, and it's made them believe they can still get on in life without putting in the effort! The world doesn't work that way!

13 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2014
I counted 62 Igbos out of 138 students that passed the written n oral interview leaving 76 for other Nigerians to share, I am elated. Being Igbo is a privilege and I love being Igbo. Federal character is what is killing nigeria, if we can compete favorably nigeria will be a better place. Oganihu ndi Igbo is all I pray for each day. Ya gazie umunne m.

7 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by eaglechild: 7:18am On Sep 06, 2014
IGBOSON1: Let merit be the primary consideration for the day-to-day running of this country, that's all i ask......then watch where this country will be in the next 10 years! When regions/zones realize they're being left behind and that there's no free lunch anymore, they'll put in the extra effort and catch up with the rest!

Those that feel they need quota-system and federal character to get on in life are doing themselves no favors! Think i'm joking?.......Just take a look at the North: they've been aided with these twin retrogressive policies to stay in touch with the rest since the end of the civil war, and it's made them believe they can still get on in life without putting in the effort! The world doesn't work that way!
Excellent.

The developed world is so because they believe and abide in meritocracy.

Quota system is an aberration of the normal natural selection (that betters a society) and must stop.

Notice a somewhat similar pattern to WAEC.

7 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by phantom(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2014
they would rather die than abolish the quota system.
they would rather die than allow a level playing ground where its obvious who would come out tops.
they call it Igbo domination when they can't compete.
it scares them sh**tless.

9 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2014
Orlandoowoh, saxywale,bayo, decemberiv, size38, arysexy you are all needed on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Arysexy(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2014
Lol, the competitive spirit of an average igbo is never in doubt. Give us a level playing ground devoid of quota system and ethnic bias and watch my people come tops.

This still prove the kings college dominance in their backyard is no fLuke let them keep living in denial

1 Like

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by achi4u(m): 10:16am On Sep 06, 2014
tongue
henchamb:

Chai! that Ibadan brown zinc don see something ooogringrin

On the thread,Igbo kids are the brain BOX of this nation tongue
henchamb:

Chai! that Ibadan brown zinc don see something ooogringrin

On the thread,Igbo kids are the brain BOX of this nation

3 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by JEITO: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2014
No surprise because suleja is a mini-eastern state. cheesy
Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2014
DikeOha882: I counted 62 Igbos out of 138 students that passed the written n oral interview leaving 76 for other Nigerians to share, I am elated. Being Igbo is a privilege and I love being Igbo. Federal character is what is killing nigeria, if we can compete favorably nigeria will be a better place. Oganihu ndi Igbo is all I pray for each day. Ya gazie umunne m.

And that is after applying tribalism, federal charachter and quota!

Eko oni ogbanje ooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:17am On Sep 06, 2014
JEITO: No surprise because suleja is a mini-eastern state. cheesy

Dude are you a Nigerian at all? We are talking about the only school for the gifted and hyper intelligent children in Nigeria and you are referring to Suleja town? SMH!

3 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2014
They thought that killing our elites in 1966-1970 (and beyond) will keep us down. They have yet to realise that being on top is genetic.

8 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

And that is after applying tribalism, federal charachter and quota!

Eko oni ogbanje ooooo.
Nigeria is drawing Igbos backward with quota system. All we needed is fair n equal play, make the country competitive so that Igbos can take their rightful place.

3 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by DecemberIV: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
DikeOha882: Orlandoowoh, saxywale,bayo, decemberiv, size38, arysexy you are all needed on this thread.

It must be a such a rare exception for it to be this celebrated. Anyway merit is another word for miracle centre in the SE. One would wonder why such a prestigious academy that is supposedly dominated by Ibos is located in the North and established by Northerners, even more puzzling is the absence of similar gifted academies in their own land. If only you jokers know how silly you look to other Nigerians when you engage in your empty chestbeating rituals grin, inferiority complex in its purest form.

3 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
DecemberIV:

It must be a such a rare exception for it to be this celebrated. Anyway merit is another word for miracle centre in the SE. One would wonder why such a prestigious academy that is supposedly dominated by Ibos is located in the North and established by Northerners, even more puzzling is the absence of similar gifted academies in their own land. If only you jokers know how silly you look to other Nigerians when you engage in your empty chestbeating rituals grin, inferiority complex in its purest form.

It's called one nigeria. lol.

If you like, place it in Sambisa forest, Igbos will still dominate.

5 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by JEITO: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Dude are you a Nigerian at all? We are talking about the only school for the gifted and hyper intelligent children in Nigeria and you are referring to Suleja town? SMH!
no am from timbuktu! I was refering to the location of the school and the numerical strength of Igbos in suleja
Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
JEITO: no am from timb uktu! I was refering to the location of the school and the numerical strength of Igbos in suleja

I understand that but they don't get their students from the local populace.

How's life in Timbuktu? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
DecemberIV:

Established by northerners? I think you need a neurosurgeon to examine you properly.

2 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
DecemberIV:

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by justineu(m): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
So so so proud of my tribe!! grin
Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by shizzleStar: 2:08am On Sep 07, 2014
PROUDLY IGBO.

GOD BLESS UMU IGBO!!! cool
Re: Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. by MrMcJay(m): 2:15am On Sep 07, 2014
Cool

Back then in King's College, most of the kids from that 'Federal Character' region got into school but didn't graduate. I can count on a mutilated finger the number of those who were able to sustain the academic rigors of the College. For instance, when I was in JSS 1-2, we were more than 80 in my class and we had A-H arms per level (i.e 80x8). However, when I finished there, we were a little above 50.

This same thing repeated itself in my Uni where the Chancellor is a Prominent Northern Traditional Ruler. He 'encouraged' students from the North to study in that University even when they couldn't beat the requisite marks. Most of them got admitted by hook or crook but the experiment ended in total failure. These guys had the largest collections of Fs around. Most of them actually dropped out in their Second year.

Imagine walking to the hospital and you have an option of being treated by a doctor who qualified on merit or who qualified based on quota. Which would you choose?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Students’ Support Group For Tinubu Constitutes Executive Committees / Tinubu Media Office Warns Against Foul Media Reports / N65.1m Oil Fraud: EFCC Docks Man Who Impersonated NNPC GMD (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.