Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) (40515 Views)

Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall / High Body Temperature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its been ages since i last went to the banking hall, however i had to visit the bank to renew my ATM card. On getting there i noticed the porter putting a device to customers' head.before they enter the banking hall. When it got to my turn, the following conversation ensued:

Porter: Goodmorning Sir, welcome to XYZ bank.....

Me: Thankyou.

Porter: Sir let me check your BP [pointing device to my head]

Me: [curiously wandering what business banks have with BP
[device beeps]

Porter: See[showing me device reading] your BP is normal, 36.7

In my mind am like 'oh! loool,in their mind these guys are taking 'precautionary measures' to fish out those with ebola cos its widely advertised that fever is a key feature of ebola.

Interesting enough, there was a suspected case of ebola with classical presentation on monday at the Teaching Hosp of which i was the casualty officer who saw the patient & funny enough the patient died shortly after presenting(sample sent to lagos came out yesterday to be negative).

The info obviously got to town prompting the bank to begin temp check.
So am beginning to ask myself, does it mean an ill patient(maybe with malaria) cannot transact in the bank again? Arent we taking this ebola thngy a little bit too far?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by adidison(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2014

is it not temperature/ fever for Ebola ... thought BP was blood pressure ... is that what he really said? BP? omo na mass quarantine of hypertensive patients be that for XYZ bank lol..

36 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its body temperature they check with that, not BP (blood pressure)
And isn't that GTB?

14 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
location, sir?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
... Gtb has started that nationwide...
And it's temp they check not bp pls...
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
adidison: Porter: Sir let me check your BP [pointing device to my head]

is it not temperature/ fever for Ebola ... thought BP was blood pressure ... is that what he really said? BP? omo na mass quarantine of hypertensive patients be that for XYZ bank lol..
loool, i really had to hold my lafter o. i had it in mind to take the man up on how the device reads BP, buh on second thought, i felt thats what he was instructed to say so as not to make suspecting customers panic.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kachisbarbie: ... Gtb has started that nationwide...
And it's temp they check not bp pls...
my dear i was quoting the poor man verbatim, tbh when he brought the device to check mine, i felt my temp going up and sweat breaking out. in my mind i was like: " what if that my patient actually had ebola buh the hosp jus covered it up to avoid patients running from the hosp? (we live in a funny country where anything goes)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
olrotimi:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hahahahhahah Sir let me check your bp.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by tunai(m): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its obviously GTbank, I was in the Alimosho branch early this week and witnessed same,the funny part is that after using all the infrared thermometer the security guy end up collecting the phones of people who can't get into the bank cos of the security beep at the enterance and hand it over to you when you are in the entrance door.So ends up contacting evert bodies personal items, so he could still pass the EBOLA.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Leopantro: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
1. that particular infra-red Thermometer can be used at a distance of 5 to 15cm from the forehead. from the picture above the security man is beyond that range.

2. the Thermometer needs to be caliberated to the room temperature by comparing with a normal Thermometer then adjusting it to correspond to the body temperature. most people don't do that.

3. the forehead needs to be clean amd without sweat.

4. can switch from surface temperature and body temperature. Each have different values.

5. some infra-red thermometers where made in colder climates so a correction factor needs to be added to each value obtained.

i do hope such security guards are taught how to effectively use such devices.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
tunai: Its obviously GTbank, I was in the Alimosho branch early this week and witnessed same,the funny part is that after using all the infrared thermometer the security guy end up collecting the phones of people who can't get into the bank cos of the security beep at the enterance and hand it over to you when you are in the entrance door.So ends up contacting evert bodies personal items, so he could still pass the EBOLA.
exactly, we're just not ready for ebola. those over the counter wear disposable gloves to avoid contact with money handled by customers buh thrs this dude who wanted to count a wad of notes when the machine was malfunctioning. He tried it with his gloves on buh it was really clumsy, d guy jus vex comot the gloves.

10 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Beync(f): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
Me sef I no dey borrow anything from person again, even biro I carry my own and I no dey give you for bank. I dey even carry my convertible chair go bank in case crowd too much and I won sidon. Hehe

11 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
and I was asking myself, "in the likelihood that the device records a high temp, what action would the porter take?
Ask the customer to go back (that his BP is high?)
Block his entry to the bank?
Run!

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by purplesummer(f): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Security personnel were handling it at the just concluded NBA conference. I didn't even know it's a thermometer. They sha shot me on the head with that stuff and it read 34 angry

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
purplesummer: Security personnel were handling it at the just concluded NBA conference. I didn't even know it's a thermometer. They sha shot me on the head with that stuff and it read 34 angry
34? shocked heheheh it cant be, thats severe hypothermia. The dvice must have been malfunctioning.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by seankay(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
krall: Its body temperature they check with that, not BP (blood pressure)
And isn't that GTB?
It has to be gtb! I almost thought it was the gtb @mother-cat, ph until I saw dem aboki cap.naxo dem point dat thing for my head, fear catch me cos I sick small dat day
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by priscaoge(f): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Leopantro: 1. that particular infra-red Thermometer can be used at a distance of 5 to 15cm from the forehead. from the picture above the security man is beyond that range.

2. the Thermometer needs to be caliberated to the room temperature by comparing with a normal Thermometer then adjusting it to correspond to the body temperature. most people don't do that.

3. the forehead needs to be clean amd without sweat.

4. can switch from surface temperature and body temperature. Each have different values.

5. some infra-red thermometers where made in colder climates so a correction factor needs to be added to each value obtained.

i do hope such security guards are taught how to effectively use such devices.
Are U a Nurse,Doc or Lab Scientist?grin #Spot on!!!!
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
priscaoge:
Are U a Nurse,Doc or Lab Scientist?grin #Spot on!!!!
have you seen her personal text? ......just saying.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by priscaoge(f): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
olrotimi: have you seen her personal text? ......just saying.
Whose personal text?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
@prisca. Yes, yours. You have one, dont you? Its a give away to his question.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by purplesummer(f): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
olrotimi:
34? shocked heheheh it cant be, thats severe hypothermia. The dvice must have been malfunctioning.
It could also mean i'm naturally immuned to Ebola grin
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by ninovandross(m): 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
It luks like GT bank, I luv dia always gud luking banks but dem dey thief person money almost pass mtn

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 06, 2014
purplesummer:
hyperloools, maybe you should try out ur immunity. How about an all expense paid trip to Liberia for the weekend? grin
purplesummer:
hyperloools, maybe you should try out ur immunity. How about an all expense paid trip to Liberia for the weekend?

6 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by laivwire(m): 12:43am On Sep 06, 2014
O was at this bank this same morning and met the same man. This is in Minna right. Although he just asked me to face front, no BP enquiries grin

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 06, 2014
@laivwire, hahahah he said you should "face front", looool. where your eye dey follow go? grin
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by hatux: 6:56am On Sep 06, 2014
This same thing happened yesterday to me at a bank here in Ib... Even there was this kinda basin they put infront before entering the bank, where you stretch your hands beneath it and this kind water drop from it to hands. Then after then, they point that thing towards your eyes, I was like what when the security wanted to point the stuff to my eyes because he pointed it to my eyes as if say I get eye problem. Which I tell him say 'bros easy o, u wun comot my eyes'... Lol cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2014
They are simply taking preventive measures

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2014
hatux: This same thing happened yesterday to me at a bank here in Ib... Even there was this kinda basin they put infront before entering the bank, where you stretch your hands beneath it and this kind water drop from it to hands. Then after then, they point that thing towards your eyes, I was like what when the security wanted to point the stuff to my eyes because he pointed it to my eyes as if say I get eye problem. Which I tell him say 'bros easy o, u wun comot my eyes'... Lol cheesy cheesy
IMHO the practice of using the 'basin' you talked about is a more preventive and decent option. I believe the content of the basin that dropped on your hand is a disinfectant. Hand washing or cleansing is a better bet that checking people's temperature.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Op olrotimi, that is GTBank sapele rd warri!
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Leopantro: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
hatux: This same thing happened yesterday to me at a bank here in Ib... Even there was this kinda basin they put infront before entering the bank, where you stretch your hands beneath it and this kind water drop from it to hands. Then after then, they point that thing towards your eyes, I was like what when the security wanted to point the stuff to my eyes because he pointed it to my eyes as if say I get eye problem. Which I tell him say 'bros easy o, u wun comot my eyes'... Lol cheesy cheesy

AND YOU ARE LAUGHING?! that device utilizes infra-red rays that can burn the retina of the eyes and can cause blindness.

DO NOT LOOK INTO THE INFRA-RED PORT OF THE DEVICE

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Dies After Unknowingly Eating Brownies / Rape Of Medical Laboratory Science Profession / Lassa Fever Claims 63, Spread To 17 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.