Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (51431 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of / Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by alameenLM(m): 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
so inspirational... God help us too
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by seunwen2(m): 12:03am On Sep 07, 2014
oluwato69sin: Mechanical engineering 400level 19years by 22 I should have MSC then if money dey I should get my PhD in mechatronics eng by 24 25 abeg for a Nigerian ,I no try

Wetin be ur gp?
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by oluwato69sin(m): 12:10am On Sep 07, 2014
seunwen2:

Wetin be ur gp?
3.42 after I.t ,ill make it back to 2-1. Na drugs cause am oh
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by mcdreeezy: 12:16am On Sep 07, 2014
These ones brain dey spark!!!
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by seunwen2(m): 12:16am On Sep 07, 2014
U can still get msc with that gp
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by PrinceMario(m): 12:37am On Sep 07, 2014
eemalex: Are they among top 50 richest people in the world? None of my business tho.
Everything is not all about money bro....it's all about passion,they derive pleasure in what they do. Money is not a yardstick to measure how successful one is.

1 Like

Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by eemalex(m): 12:43am On Sep 07, 2014
PrinceMario: Everything is not all about money bro....it's all about passion,they derive pleasure in what they do. Money is not a yardstick to measure how successful one is.
Money buys success. In short money rules/own this world
Peace✌
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by MAYOWAAK: 12:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Reuben Abati is arguably one of Nigeria's youngest PHD holder.He was 25 in 1990 when he acquired a doctorate degree.

Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Elgaxton(m): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2014
We will produce ours in Naija when ASUU stops the striking, NEPA becomes stable, Schools like UniUyo understands the difference between part time and full time
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Spexo001(m): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Cool..hope ma kids break this records someday!
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by agafiya: 2:15am On Sep 07, 2014
ga1ba2003: the person that was the best PhD student in unilag last section was just 23 yrs old so I guess he should make top 15
How could that be when jamb said candidates below age 16 are not legible to apply into the Nigeria higher institutions. After bagging his bachelor's degree nothing less than age 20 (that's if all things being equal). So how could it be possible for him to get Ph.d degree at age 23.
Pls, let me know if there is something which I don't understand.
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by clovislouis(m): 2:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Cutekemitola: Nice one @ Op wow wish dis could just happen to a Nigerian....some still dey write jamb at the age of 23 *saddening* God bless naija
lolz. So disheartening
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by remikunle: 3:17am On Sep 07, 2014
na wa ooooooooooooooo
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Profcamsey(m): 3:54am On Sep 07, 2014
Seun , as in he dey pain me seriously. I dont comment on NL buh just view threads n leave. any time I make front page u n ur Mods ll remove my post. I think u v turned NL to a family forum n may be u now know ppu u allow to make FP. D 1 wey pain me pass na when I create 1 topic 4 education thread, sombody come copy me n ur foolish mods com put d person 4 fp. seun osewa, u beta talk to diz ur Mod, dem go spoil NL 4 u.
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by delugadou(m): 3:55am On Sep 07, 2014
Sexipea: . no cry cry ......same goes to u 2u 'na only you waka come shey!!' No problem grin grin

Hmmmmm.......end time tins *smh*
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by bigpastor(m): 4:35am On Sep 07, 2014
MAYOWAAK: Reuben Abati is arguably one of Nigeria's youngest PHD holder.He was 25 in 1990 when he acquired a doctorate degree.
Don't think this feat of his shows in our polity today. I seem to know him with sycophancy. Although I may be wrong
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by encryptjay(m): 5:57am On Sep 07, 2014
benbuks: 2. Kim Ung-Yong – 15
Image Source
Imagine being a guest student at a university
when you’re three years old and being invited to
do research for NASA when you’re eight. It’s
pretty hard to wrap your mind around. Yet
South Korean former child prodigy Kim Ung-
Yong doesn’t have to imagine; for him, it was a
reality. Still, Kim’s 10 years at NASA weren’t
exactly happy ones. He says, “I led my life like a
machine – I woke up, solved the daily assigned
equation, ate, slept, and so forth. I really didn’t
know what I was doing, and I was lonely and
had no friends.” He also missed his mother.
Although Kim, born in 1963, earned his PhD at
the astoundingly young age of 15 and appeared
in the Guinness Book of World Records for
having the “Highest IQ,” he is quick to point out
that academic success is not always the measure
of a person. “Society should not judge anyone
with unilateral standards – everyone has
different learning levels, hopes, talents, and
dreams and we should respect that.”
Kim, who currently works at Chungbuk National
University, says he’s doing what he really wants
to do. He’s happy, and in the end, that’s what
really counts.

Asian niggaz keeping it real. Love em.
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by bizz(m): 6:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Where my own
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by osjoshua(m): 6:51am On Sep 07, 2014
Kindergarten-3yrs
Primary-6yrs
Secondary-6yrs

and all together ll be 15yrs + your suckling(baby) period maybe 1or 2 years..
That makes it I6...
write jamb(1,2,3,4...)
16 + (1,2,3,4...)=18

Then finally admitted...
other course maybe 4 or 5,but doctorate degree is 6yrs..

18+6=24...

24+ issues like assu(1yr)=25..
25+ internship(1yr)=26
26+nysc(1yr)=27

this is naija Doctorate schooling stats
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by ga1ba2003(m): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2014
agafiya:
How could that be when jamb said candidates below age 16 are not legible to apply into the Nigeria higher institutions. After bagging his bachelor's degree nothing less than age 20 (that's if all things being equal). So how could it be possible for him to get Ph.d degree at age 23.
Pls, let me know if there is something which I don't understand.
he didn't do his bsc in 9ja

1 Like

Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by JerryJJZ(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2014
damola311:

May ur blindness be heal in jesus name.... Oh boy, eyes dey pain u o

a blind man doesnt browse nairaland,,, thou shall not call d name of God in vain. Ask for forgivness
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by nairaarena: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2014
so i can go directly to PhD without undergoing masters?
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by nairaarena: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Dosinspector: Their stories would hav been different if they studied in africa,AFRICA we always carry 1st from back,bt there is is HOPE!!!
can someone go directly to PhD? without Masters?
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2014
nairaarena: can someone go directly to PhD? without Masters?
yes!!
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by rhames(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
These ones are called Bukuru People. grin
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Archmage: greetingsss. fellow student of society...
dats wat we are!!! cheesy
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
delugadou:

Hmmmmm.......end time tins *smh*
End time tinz nd yet u can quote d post du evn knw wat end tym means undecided undecided SMH
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by slydog(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Jarus:

Don't be surprised if there are as many as 100 between 20 and 23years.

My friend got his at 29.
Hello jarus, I plan on getting mine on or before 29, but am working and combining work and school ain't easy. I understand you are a consultant, could you pls advice me? Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Jarus(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
slydog:
Hello jarus, I plan on getting mine on or before 29, but am working and combining work and school ain't easy. I understand you are a consultant, could you pls advice me? Thanks in anticipation

I don't have a PhD, so may not be able to give first-hand advice. However, what I know is it is fatser abroad than in NIgeria, with all these Nigerian universities wahala. Also, it is faster when you face it squarely (or with teaching in the university you're doing it) than when combined with work.
Re: 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Elgaxton: We will produce ours in Naija when ASUU stops the striking, NEPA becomes stable, Schools like UniUyo understands the difference between part time and full time
Please sire explain the Uniuyo part you said.
Cause I got admission there. Wanna know what you know about the school.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Top Ten Best And Hot Cake Courses In Nigeria Today / Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.