Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) (1316 Views)

See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / See What This Woman Did To Her Child (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Why is life so unfair or better still very partial, I'm writing this story of an abandoned you man with a bitter heart now.

I was coming back from the market one sunny afternoon holding the soup ingredients that I got from the market, I abruptly looked straight I saw people gathered murmuring and intensively staring at something I had no idea of and couldn't see at the position I was then . So I moved closer to get a glimpse of what was really happening, lo and behold

" It was Wale lying helplessly and jerking profusely on a messy mud right at the middle of the road"

Each vehicle and passerby gave way for Wale, some of the vehicles even splashed mud and dirty water on him.
Seeing this scene my mouth gulped opened with tears welling out of my eyes, the soup ingredients I was holding fell from my hand and fell into the drain. Nobody moved close to the poor Wale lying helplessly on the mud, I'm also guilty of the crime because I didn't move close to him too, the people around the scene announced that nobody should go close to him until he regained his self cautiousness. It kind of makes me wonder if Cerebral seizures is a communicable disease, Wale laid helplessly there on the mud for about 20mins. After he regained his cautiousness I and some other guys got some water for Wale to clean up himself, he was totally drenched with the dirty mud and had some deep cuts on his face with some bruises on this hands and body.

The next day I saw Wale barefooted sitting on a pavement at the local football pitch in my street, so I went close to him and conversed with him, here is our discussion

Me : Hello bro, how are you doing now ?

Wale : I'm not good at all

Me : Ahaaa why do you talk that way now

Wale : Right now I feel like jumping into this well ( there is a well beside us)

Me: What ! Please don't

Wale : My brother I'm tired of life

Me : Emmm I can understand but can you tell me a bit about yourself and what is really the problem

Wale : (He sighed) First my name is Wale, I come from a separated home, my father lives in Osun and my mom lives here in Lagos ( the same locality he was as the time of the conversation). I was living with my dad in Osun state before I moved down to Lagos to live with my mom, I wasn't born with this ailment, it was when I moved down to Lagos to live with my mom I developed the ailment at a very young age ( He is in his early twenties now). This ailment is destroying my life, (he removed his shirt and showed me his body, it was filled with scars and bruises). My mother took me to the hospital and the doctor prescribed a drug that I will be using, he said as long as I keep taking the drug the seizure would seize. Ever since then my mother has been buying this medicine for me to stop the seizure temporarily. If I don't take the medicine the ailment comes back

Me : But why are you not taking the medicine again ?

Wale : I can't afford to buy it myself, the medicine cost 1200 naira and I don't work, I was sacked in the place I was working before because of this seizure. My mother and family got tired of me that they started treating me like an outcast, they hardly feed me and my mom don't even my me the drugs she used to buy for me. They are see me as a liability, so one day I was provoked intensely, I had to park my bags on leave the house. I now sleep on the streets now look at where I sleep now ( pointing to a vulcanizer small open kiosk with no door or window, its just a roof covering and a long bench some distance away). And for about a month now, my mom and family refuse to look for me till now. I'm like a big burden to them, but it is not my fault that I'm sick

Me: Oh boy this is hell here on earth (tears dropped from my eyes)

Wale : At night when the Vulcanizer close, I carry my bag, cover myself with my wrapper and use my bag as pillow. Before its dawn I go to this well to bath and change my clothes.

Me : But Wale how do you feed ( wiping my tears with an handkerchief) ?

Wale : Seeing food to eat each day is only by the grace of God o, some of the men who comes here to play draft have pity on my situation they give me some change to eat sometimes, I run errand for some and I get some change from them too. The day I get nothing from them I sleep with an empty stomach, the Vulcanizer man gives me some change too sometimes to eat.

Me : ( I took a full glance at him from his head to his toe, I saw the injuries his sustained at the course of the last seizure he had, a cut on his face and bruises on his hands) But but... Wale why are you barefooted ?

Wale: I lost my slippers in the mud I had the seizure last time

( Immediately I removed my new slippers and give him to put on)

Wale: Oh no what will you now wear home, will you walk barefooted home ?

Me : Oh don't worry Wale, I will buy a bathroom slippers down the road there

Wale : Oh thanks a lot sir

Me : Have you eaten ?

Wale : No

Me : ( I brought out some money from my wallet, and got him a Shea butter for him to rub on the cut and bruises) Take Wale use this to eat and take this Orii (Shea butter) to rub on your injuries. He thank me again and left

I left Wale looking like a toothless bulldog, I could only do that little to help Wale. His life experience prompted me to write this, my brothers and sisters people are suffering, just a move from the government or someone in a better position to help will change Wale's story.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by prettiest1(f): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hmmm God please heal him. I trust You in the aspect of healing too.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
prettiest1: Hmmm God please heal him. I trust You in the aspect of healing too.

The poor Wale died just yesterday
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Kanwulia: 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
BIOLOGY does not guarantee parenthood!
Only "sponsorship"! kiss
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by snazzylove: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
HerexG:

Eyaaa! Very sad cry may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2014
What killed him ? Same Seizure? or he committed suicide
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by prettiest1(f): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
HerexG:

ooh! May him RIP. Was he still in Lagos?
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
prettiest1: ooh! May him RIP. Was he still in Lagos?

Yes, the last time I saw him, he was so cheerful, dancing, he even sat on my leg like a baby (people kept looking at him as a weirdo) it was as if he had never had someone to give him such attention before. And few days later I went to the same place I always see him but couldn't find him and I asked someone lo nd behold he broke the news to me about Wale's demise
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by prettiest1(f): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
HerexG:

Yes, the last time I saw him, he was so cheerful, dancing, he even sat on my leg like a baby (people kept looking at him as a weirdo) it was as if he had never had someone to give him such attention before. And few days later I went to the same place I always see him but couldn't find him and I asked someone lo nd behold he broke the news to me about Wale's demise
. God will bless you. You tried showing him love and care. Atleast before his demise, he has felt loved by someone. Thank you for being a brother.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
prettiest1: . God will bless you. You tried showing him love and care. Atleast before his demise, he has felt loved by someone. Thank you for being a brother.

I believe we are created to love but if you can't love at least hurt no one and thank you too for ur concern.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Kanwulia: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am more concerned with some of the words you used repeatedly. . . . .

Like "cautiousness" and "canvassed"!

Did you really mean to used them? undecided

As for Wale?
Such is the sad reality of life!

We are told a certain son of one GOD like that died for all sins and sicknesses.

What a BIG LIE! 419!!!!

Abegggggggi! Where is the FATHER? Na only the mama dey responsible? undecided
Quite sexxxxxist!
Sheeeeeeeesh.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 1:10am On Sep 16, 2014
Kanwulia: I am more concerned with some of the words you used repeatedly. . . . .

As for Wale?
Such is the sad realities of life!

We are told a certain son of one GOD like that died for all sins and sicknesses.

What a BIG LIE! 419!!!!

Quite sexxxxxist!
Sheeeeeeeesh.

Stop being a negative man my friend, did I asked you to raise a dim for Wale or for any help ? Tell me why would I lie or is Nairaland paying me for this ? Please let ur criticism to be always constructive before you raise one ,i just pray you don't fall a victim of a terminal ailment or try move out of ur comfort zone nd see what a lot people are going through. Thanks for reading
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Kanwulia: 3:33am On Sep 16, 2014
HerexG:

Stop being a negative man my friend, did I asked you to raise a dim for Wale or for any help ? Tell me why would I lie or is Nairaland paying me for this ? Please let ur criticism to be always constructive before you raise one ,i just pray you don't fall a victim of a terminal ailment or try move out of ur comfort zone nd see what a lot people are going through. Thanks for reading

I did not call you a liar.
You need to pay careful attention.
Thanks! kiss
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Kanwulia:

I did not call you a liar.
You need to pay careful attention.
Thanks! kiss

Oh sorry I got you now, the mother has been bearing the burden alone ever since she divorced with her husband. It got to an extent that she couldn't bear it anymore maybe her overreaction scared the poor boy away and she never came looking for him
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Kanwulia: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2014
HerexG:

Oh sorry I got you now, the mother has been bearing the burden alone ever since she divorced with her husband. It got to an extent that she couldn't bear it anymore maybe her overreaction scared the poor boy away and she never came looking for him

I have to keep learning one thing in life. . . . I fail most times.
When it comes to blood ties. . . .
If you don't walk in the shoes. . . .you can never understand ANYTHING!

Easier to criticize, than empathize. kiss

1 Like

Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by prettiest1(f): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
HerexG:

I believe we are created to love but if you can't love at least hurt no one and thank you too for ur concern.
You are welcome.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Vikky014(f): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
didnt read dis on time now d poor boy is dead so sad right now.MAY HIS SOUL RIP
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
Vikky014: didnt read dis on time now d poor boy is dead so sad right now.MAY HIS SOUL RIP

Its really a pity, I broke down when I heard of his demise, I keep remembering the smiles nd excitement that was in his face the last time I saw him.
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Vikky014(f): 3:52am On Sep 17, 2014
HerexG:

Its really a pity, I broke down when I heard of his demise, I keep remembering the smiles nd excitement that was in his face the last time I saw him.
quite a pity!love helpn such peopl.May God bless you for that
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 17, 2014
That's life,at times life isn't fair to some people.

But who are we to question God,he's the maker of the universe,and everything He does is right,and has a purpose.

RIP Wale.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Vikky014: quite a pity!love helpn such peopl.May God bless you for that

Yeah its far better than parking ur hard earned goodies to one GO, thanks and bless you too for ur kind heart
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by HerexG(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
timothy001: What killed him ? Same Seizure? or he committed suicide

His death is a mystery, it might anything because he was prone a lot danger, sleeping without shelter, sick and starving, rejection, loneliness name it
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by blessedqueen(f): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kanwulia: I am more concerned with some of the words you used repeatedly. . . . .

As for Wale?
Such is the sad reality of life!

What a BIG LIE! 419!!!!

Quite sexxxxxist!
Sheeeeeeee

Y r u always negative??.dis is very bad
Re: How Can A Mother Abandon Her Child ? (A Must Read) by Vikky014(f): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
HerexG:

Yeah its far better than parking ur hard earned goodies to one GO, thanks and bless you too for ur kind heart
cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gone So Soon !!!! / Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? / Love During Relationship And Love During Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.