Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja (1806 Views)

Buhari, Atiku At Ogbonnaya Onu’s Book Launch Today (Photos) / Nine PDP Governors Shun Jonathan Campaign Launch / Lamido, Dickson, Other Govs Shun Jonathan’s Campaign Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by solaugo1: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2014

ALL prominent Nigerians invited Wedneday to the public presentation and launch of a book meant to promote President Goodluck Jonathan’s achievements in office shunned the event which held at the Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, leaving the organizers confused.

President Jonathan, himself who was expected at the launch of the resource book that contains what the author called “proper and effective assessment” of his administration stayed away without sending any representative just as serving governors, ministers, senators, House of Assembly members as well as other prominent Nigerians shunned the occasion.

When the organizers, who had earlier arrived the venue in readiness of the event stayed for several hours without noticing the presence of any of the invitees, they without hesitation left.

The book entitled: “President Goodluck Jonathan: His Speeches and Heroic Deeds”, according to the author, Tana Ejenavwo, documented selected speeches of the president which he noted, were indeed reflective of his deep philosophical thoughts on issues of governance, progress and unity of Nigeria.

“It also provides authentic and verifiable information for sectoral growth assessment, as encapsulated in the Transformation Agenda of the administration,” he added.

The book, according to the chairman of the book launch organizing committee, Ahmed Danjuma Abubakar, unveiled the methodological disposition of President Jonathan in handling national issues in what he called “uncommon civility, instead of belligerent approaches that brutalizes our national psych.”

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/shocking-guests-shun-jonathans-book-launch-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by ideyhere(f): 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
Is it Jonathan's book launch or the launch of a book written about Jonathan? undecided

11 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
ideyhere: Is it Jonathan's book launch or the launch of a book written about Jonathan? undecided
help me ask am

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by ratiken(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
ideyhere: Is it Jonathan's book launch or the launch of a book written about Jonathan? undecided

Dont bother on these jokers, Haters will always hate. Nigerians are tired of propaganda.

8 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by fairest(f): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Op U̶̲̥̅̊я topic is misleading. I thought it was a book written by pres. Jonathan sef

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by hushmail: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
some one want smile to d bank wt gej name bt gej smart pass d organizers

op abeg change ur heading to reflect dat it was not a gej initiative

gej till 2019

5 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by firstolalekan(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
A retardeen's writeup needs shunning. What could be interesting in a book written out of cluelesness?

6 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by RockMaxi: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Who again is interested in public book launch :>wink Where were the organizers when somebody went for a private viewing.. grin
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think I chose my words, I didn’t use
militarisation; I used the word “federal
presence.” I said in spite of the
intimidating federal presence, things still
went on peacefully. I have heard the word
militarisation used, I do not necessarily
subscribe to it. The reason being that the
police are called peace officers and they
were there to keep the peace. The military
has been used lately in several elections
because of the major environment, the
violence going on and all kinds of electoral
malpractices. In other places, elections are
like picnic with citizens having the
opportunity to exercise their rights. But
when you are beginning to hear
statements like “blood will flow,” “it is
going to be fire for fire” and “you will be
roasted,” you get scared. You begin to
wonder if it is a matter of life and death.
But that the Osun State election went
peacefully, we thank God.
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by egift(m): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Once Jonathan is out of Power, nobody will touch him with even a Mile-long pole. grin grin grin

Cluelessness Sinks! shocked

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by abdulaz: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
I hope the content of the book will include the names of over 200 abducted CHIBOK GIRLS, the slained male students in a school dormitory, the names of the victims of nyanya bomb blast, the presidential pardon he granted to Almustapha and Alamasigha, the names of the police men that disappeared in nasarawa state. His country is in disarray and he is busy launching a book on his achievements, there is a saying that a king that always says 'I'm the king' is truly no king.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by zurine(f): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
o
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jona rhetorics has failed him.
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Greatihex(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Al dis posters above me typing rubbish, did u read d post at all? Bad belle ppl. Dnt allow d hatred 4 ur felo man 2 kil u o.
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Caseless2: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
It serves that asslicking author right. How can compile speeches that were put together by Ruben abati with no effort of gej(except jst reading it), to describe gej? infact he doesn't know what is contained in the speech , until he's reading it. No proof-reading by gej, he jst read the speech on the occasion they're meant for.
Shame de catch me sef for the author.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by priscaoge(f): 12:09am On Sep 07, 2014
ratiken:

Dont bother on these jokers, Haters will always hate. Nigerians are tired of propaganda.
Don't mind Ndi iheoma na asa afo undecided undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 07, 2014
With that kind of title?? not good enough, they sound like a bunch of sycophants that's why even the president stayed away.
btw your topic is misleading.
Re: SHOCKING: Guests Shun Jonathan’s Book Launch In Abuja by size38: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
Whether they call it Jonathan's Book launch or the lauching of Book concerning Jonathan's achievements in office, one thing is clear here . The name Jonathan is there and everything revolving around him. So whatever we call it, the bottom line is that invited guests shunned the occasion simple.

(1) (Reply)

Why I May Go Into Politics Soon - Jarus / See What Buhari Is Watching!! (pics) / Buhari Not The Leader Nigeria Needs Now-balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.