Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC (1467 Views)

Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Ambode Must Probe Fashola Now – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has warned that the growing anti-democratic behaviour of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), if not checked, could undermine the entire democratic structure.
The party therefore advised all lovers of democracy still in the APC to immediately quit as they are not likely to enjoy any democratic tenet under despotic leaders who are not disposed to divergent views.
The PDP said the APC has shown itself to be “nothing but a party of ill-bred, frustrated and intolerant politicians; bad losers for whom resorting to personal attacks, blackmail and mudslinging, in addition to promoting violence, has become an ideology.”
The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in a statement on Saturday, also described APC leaders as “incurable despots who have since instituted a reign of impunity characterized by brazen dictatorship, imposition and victimization within the APC.
He cautioned “those expecting free and fair primaries for the selection of APC candidates for the 2015 general election to wake up to reality before it becomes too late.”
Mr. Metuh added, “That the APC is a party of self-centered and dictatorial politicians with no regard for democratic principles is well known to all. However, we have noted a disturbing pattern, wherein the APC leaders now resort to personal attacks on people when they dump their party.
“The vitriolic attacks, insults and threats on former Kano Governor Ibrahim Shekarau, his Sokoto state counterpart, Attahiru Bafarawa, former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani Kayode and several others who were labelled ‘traitors and political misfits’ by APC leaders when they left the party easily come to mind.
“Nigerians ponder. Why is it that the APC only realizes that their members are traitors and misfits when they exercise their freedom of association and leave due to its undemocratic, destructive and anti-people agenda?
“One notable example is the recent attack by the APC’s unelected Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu against their former member, Chief Tom Ikimi, who he branded a ‘sellout’ and ‘unreliable’ personality because he left their fold.
“How come Tinubu did not realize that Chief Ikimi was unreliable and a sell-out who cannot be trusted with the leadership of the APC until when he decided to leave? Did Tinubu not know all these when Ikimi was selected to lead the negotiation for the merger agreement that resulted in the formation of the APC?
“Is Chief Ikimi the only person in the APC that worked with General Sani Abacha? What about General Muhammadu Buhari who not only took up a very sensitive position in that regime as the Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) but also gave General Abacha a clean bill of health on allegations of corruption?
“The APC has refused to address the issues of lack of internal democracy, religious and ethnic segregations, promoting of violence and other entrenched anti-people tendencies raised by those who left its fold. Instead, it has resorted to cheap blackmail, propaganda and character assassination to divert attention. This shows the APC as a party of frustrated politicians attempting to use their mastery of the act of deception to hoodwink Nigerians.
“However, the recent confession by Tinubu that the APC National Convention was manipulated to stop Chief Ikimi, from emerging as the National Chairman clearly underscores the party’s undemocratic stance; the hollowness of its selection processes and the readiness to stifle democratic quest among its members,” the PDP said.
The ruling party noted that “it is on record that the APC is a party where individuals crown themselves national leaders without recourse to appropriate democratic process,” adding that such is “a clear manifestation of the fact that the APC is merely a private estate; a vehicle through which selfish politicians pursue their personal interests”
It also berated Tinubu for boasting that he will produce his party’s presidential candidate in the 2015 general election, an action that exposes his contempt for democratic due process and the worthlessness of any selection process that may be organized by the APC.
“We urge all lovers of democracy to note Tinubu’s anti-democratic actions. This unelected APC leader, without recourse to due process barred a member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Bamidele Opeyemi, from contesting the June 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State on the platform of the APC. In the same vein he barred the former Senate Deputy Minority Leader, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, from re-contesting for the Senate in 2011 only to impose his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, on the people.
“This is in addition to the imposition of his son in-law, Hon. Oyetunde Oladimeji Ojo, as a member representing Ijero/Efon/Ekiti West in the House of Representatives, his sister-inlaw, Lola Fibisola Akande as a member of the Lagos state House of Assembly and his daughter, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, to replace his late mother, Abibatu Mogaji as President-General of the Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men”, the ruling party said.
Noting that those who resist the impunity in the APC are continuously victimized, thoroughly insulted and branded, the PDP however urged all well-meaning Nigerians and lovers of democracy still in the APC to be bold and leave before it becomes too late.
It also advised the APC leaders to learn to be more decorous, eschew bitterness in their dealings and understand that in a democracy, citizens must at all times be allowed to freely exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights.
“The PDP would not relent in its effort in putting it right before the APC because our democracy needs a virile opposition, but like Adlai Stevenson campaign statement in 1952 wherein he said, “I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”, the statement said.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/167791-quit-now-pdp-tells-nigerians-in-apc.html

3 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by DickDastardly(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Good brotherly and sincere advice

6 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by egift(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
"Escape the Nest of Killers while you have the opportunity, before God start punishing the Coven that suppress Nigerians for 15years" Egift to Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by M0GIDI: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
The PDP said the APC has shown itself to be “nothing but a party of ill-bred, frustrated and intolerant politicians; bad losers for whom resorting to personal attacks, blackmail and mudslinging, in addition to promoting violence, has become an ideology.”

I've also concluded that only people with low IQ should remain in APC, their ideology stinks.

8 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Afroconnect: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
APC is detrimental to our National security.I hate APC since they started lying onthe Nigerian miliitary and supporting boko haram.

APC are enemy of the state,if APC gains power we will share Nigeria with terrorists.

6 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by argon500: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
What makes APC and PDP different? Bunch of animals

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Afroconnect: APC is detrimental to our National security.I hate APC since they started lying onthe Nigerian miliitary and supporting boko haram.

APC are enemy of the state,if APC gains power we will share Nigeria with terrorists.
You aint just smoking weed it seems it is even planted in your head .... Ihejirika and Ali Modu sheriff are not serving PDP !

5 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by olamisegbe(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
Afroconnect: APC is detrimental to our National security.I hate APC since they started lying onthe Nigerian miliitary and supporting boko haram.
are you blinded with hate. sheriff na oppositn?

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Olisa Charlatan Metuh calling Nigerians to leave APC to come and board a PDP Ship destined for a wreck

I look at PDP,I saw GEJ sitted in his almighty cluelessness, dressed in a garb of failure,wearing a cap of corruption

I look at PDP....I saw Thief Tony Anenih,Lucky Igbinedion

I look at PDP.....I saw Hadjia Madam DSP Alamieyeseigha( or is he a man sef?)

I look at PDP,I saw Thief Olabode George

I look at PDP, I saw Akala,Fayose,Gbenga Daniel( Forget that he is in LP)

I look at PDP,I saw Asari Dokubo and Sen Ali Modu Sheriff

I look at PDP,I saw Buruji Kashamu( Most wanted in America)

I look at PDP,I saw Peter Odili and Killer Abiye Sekibo

And you want me to come and join you!!!

Olisa Metuh.....o tele gi sapa

14 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Brahms(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
These clowns better start learning on how to be a better Opposition come February 15.

CHANGE!!

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by M0GIDI: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
donroxy: You aint just smoking weed it seems it is even planted in your head .... Ihejirika and Ali Modu sheriff are not serving PDP !

Bros I hate to say it but you came across worse in your response to the poster.
It seems the weed is not just planted in your head but has filled your anatomy.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by akumada1: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Although im not an Apc symparthiser bt in a real democratic state, there must be an oppsition to chakemate the activities and critisize the party in power.

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by ba7man(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
soroptimist: Olisa Charlatan Metuh calling Nigerians to leave APC to come and board a PDP Ship destined for a wreck

I look at PDP,I saw GEJ sitted in his almighty cluelessness, dressed in a garb of failure,wearing a cap of corruption

PDP lines up these kind of people and expect reasonable people to follow them??

Seriously??

Its almost impossible to mention one credible individual in their midst, APC has poached the few ones that have a semblance of self respect.

5 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by M0GIDI: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
soroptimist: Olisa Charlatan Metuh calling Nigerians to leave APC to come and board a PDP Ship destined for a wreck

The rest of Nigeria looks at APC and see Religion Religion and more Religion.

APC the Sharia party of religious zealots, for religious zealots led by religious zealots.

Alhaji People's Congress of Alhaji Muhamandu Buhari, Alhaji e'Bola Tinubu, Alhaji Fashola, Alhaji Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhonle, they will never rule us in God's name.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by pacido: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sheriff was in APC no body mentioned boko-haram sponsor,once he defected apc e-gays here no go let us rest,ikimi now na abacha man wey dey unreliable,if buhari defects tomorrow he will become unreliable and boko sympathiser. Military don dey bombard bama dey go soon start to shout human right abuses. APC and propaganda I hail una ooo

4 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by lekanolas: 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

APC the Sharia party of religious zealots, for religious zealots led by religious zealots.

Alhaji People's Congress of Alhaji Muhamandu Buhari, Alhaji e'Bola Tinubu, Alhaji Fashola, Alhaji Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhonle, they will never rule us in God's name.

Comments like this does nobody any good.At this stage of Nigeria's development, it would be impossible for anybody to force any religion on our throat.

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by M0GIDI: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
lekanolas:
Comments like this does nobody any good.At this stage of Nigeria's development, it would be impossible for anybody to force any religion on our throat.

They are doing it surreptitiously, shine your eye.

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by EdCure: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
On the contrary!

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by EdCure: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

I've also concluded that only people with low IQ should remain in APC, their ideology stinks.
Only a person with sub-zero IQ could arrive at your conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

Indeed why not tell Nigerians that Tinubu and Fashola's wives are both Christians

Will you also tell them that Tinubu started the yearly Praise and Worship service at Govt House,Marina where Daddy Adeboye is the anchor Minister

Please don't forget to tell them that Aregbesola as Commissioner of Works under Tinubu's reign built a befitting Chapel instead of expanding the Mosque already built

Will you also tell them that Tinubu appointed a Southern Igbo to oversee the totality of Lagos financial and economic portfolio while looking away from equally qualified Muslims

If these people you are trying albeit unsuccessfully to label zealots didn't put a gun in the ears of their wives and children who are christians to convert or be damned and having held several leadership positions in the past and have not used same to advance the cause of Islam to the detriment of Christianity or even Traditional Religions then may I respectfully tell you to go and look for another propaganda because this one is STALE

As a Christian,I will rather vote 1 million times for a Muslim Buhari,Fashola,Ajimobi,Kwakwanso,Shettima than a Pseudo Christian GEJ who calls himself an Anglican but is allegedly known to fraternise with OOO sect

Woe unto those who call themselves Christians in the open but are secret members of Ogboni Fraternity or even AMORC like one of the President's Spokeperson

6 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by lilprinze: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
PDP Is giving them a good advice now before its to late.
APC IS “nothing but a party of ill-bred,
frustrated and intolerant politicians; bad
losers
for whom resorting to personal
attacks, blackmail and mudslinging, in
addition to promoting violence"

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by skyfall: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
APC surely has many imperfections that need to be corrected. In fact i criticize them a lot. But PDP doesn't even come close.

Give me a choice between both, and i'll choose APC anyday. The only thing that's keeping PDP together is the common interest they share in looting the commonwealth and holding power just for the sake of it. They have absolutely no clue about solving the gargantuan problems of Nigeria. They don't even admit that we have problems anyway. To them, Nigeria is heaven.

Any party that thinks Goodluck Jonathan is the best Nigeria has to offer, is evil and you should run away from it.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Gbawe: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
What a highly irresponsible and brazenly shameless ruling Party. The PDP always disgracefully joining issues with the opposition, using half-truth and outright lies sometimes, when the Party should be rising up to the challenge of confronting the many serious problems facing Nigeria currently. What more proof does anyone need that this is an impotent, incompetent and highly duplicitous ruling Party without the capacity or focus to move Nigeria forward? No one is fooled by the diversionary antics of the worthless PDP any more.

4 Likes

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by ogbronx(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
PDP is an occult
Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by ogbronx(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
skyfall: APC surely has many imperfections that need to be corrected. In fact i criticize them a lot. But PDP doesn't even come close.

Give me a choice between both, and i'll choose APC anyday. The only thing that's keeping PDP together is the common interest they share in looting the commonwealth and holding power just for the sake of it. They have absolutely no clue about solving the gargantuan problems of Nigeria. They don't even admit that we have problems anyway. To them, Nigeria is heaven.

Any party that thinks Goodluck Jonathan is the best Nigeria has to offer, is evil and you should run away from it.

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by aljharem(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
argon500: What makes APC and PDP different? Bunch of animals

Gbammm

Is Chief Ikimi the only person in the APC that worked with General Sani Abacha? What about General Muhammadu Buhari who not only took up a very sensitive position in that regime as the Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) but also gave General Abacha a clean bill of health on allegations of corruption?

You see what I mean

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Caseless2: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

whenever i see ur id, i dnt bother going thru ur post cos i knw u hardly make sense.
Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Caseless2: 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sometimes, i wonder if olisa metuh went to school; he's so unrefined.
Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

Your own bigotry is worse than that of the Boko Haram Insurgents.
Tell me how one's religion affects one's ability to Lead a country like Nigeria?
Most of those APC Muslims are way better than the Christians in PDP who would only go to church just for the sake!
If I'm to vote on the basis of religion, then I'd vote for a Fashola or Tinubu who has Christian wives.
Going by your logic, why should any moslem vote for Jonathan a Christian when APC has a Moslem as flagbearer?
Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by ayindejimmy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
M0GIDI:

its u that ur eyes needs shinning. pdp as been ruling 4 15 yrs no progress and u want us to stil b fallin 4 d same old lies
We r nt suportin apc cos of religion or ethnic.
When i luk at apc, i see 30% coruptn. But wen i luk at pdp i see 99%. Bt pdp doesnt call it coruptn. 'Hw can common stealin b coruptn?'

1 Like

Re: Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC by arresa: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2014

Are you minding the clowns. They really think Nigerians are blind and stupid.

The PDP is the most corrupt, incompetent and worthless political party on the surface of the earth.

We have unrestrained corruption and the useless and corrupt president telling Nigerians that corruption is their perception and stealing is not corruption..

We have a political party that after 16 years in power and $20 billion stollen, we are still in darkness

All our public institutions are powerless and comatose

All our security agencies can not catch a fly, they are all political errand runners.

Under these clowns we have hundreds of school girls kidnapped and still rescued...

Instead of looking for criminals and terrorists, our DSS remains a political wasteland and errand runners.

Under this administration, our military is no more, they can not protect and defend Nigeria.

Under this useless and incompetent government, we've lost a whole state to terrorists and we are still losing territories and our sovereignty is now in question.

They've totally lost control of Nigeria and these worthless jackassess want us to believe a less than one year old political party not even in power is responsible for their almost 2 decades of failure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Health Organization Declares Nigeria Ebola Free.. / No More Joint Account For Local/state Govt —tambuwal / South East Wont Vote Buhari. He Should Pick His Running Mate From S/W- Ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.