Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read (1581 Views)

Peter Onyekwere-Ebigbo Elected Into World Council On Torture Victims / If Ambode Can Be Elected Without Card Readers, Why Can’t Wike ? – Rivers Speaker / History Of Igbos In South Africa:elected Into Parliament (2) (3) (4)

Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by tochukwuifeduba: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
SA rejects Nigerians' poll participation calls

Pretoria - The government has dismissed demands by Nigerians to participate in future South African elections.
In an interview, spokesperson for the department of international relations and cooperation, Clayson Monyela, said such demands by Nigerians were “ridiculous” and “unacceptable.”
Arguing that the idea would never be tolerated, Monyela challenged Nigerians living in South Africa to understand bilateral agreements and trade relations.
“It is impossible, ridiculous and unacceptable! What it means is that our country has to change the constitution to suit Nigerian demands; something that is impossible,” Monyela said.
Monyela was reacting to calls made by Nigerians living in South Africa this past weekend.
They (Nigerians) demanded that they should be allocated ward council and parliamentary positions arguing that their economy contributed a significant percentage to the South African economy via the number of South African multinational firms operating in Nigeria and the amount of Nigerians living in South Africa.
“South African companies alone are the biggest investors in more than 26 African countries, does this mean we (South Africa) must have MPs (Members of Parliament) in each and every African country that we have investments?” Monyela asked.
He added, “China is the biggest BRICS trading partner, so does it mean the Chinese must automatically have seats in our parliament? There is no such a thing in the whole world.”
There was no immediate response from the Nigerian High Commissioner despite a request on Tuesday.
Nigerians interviewed by CAJ News argued that South African companies were raking in billions of dollars from Nigeria into South Africa yet Nigerians living in South Africa were not allowed to make any meaningful contribution towards policy formulation as well as represent Nigerian citizens in the country.
MTN, Multichoice, Mr Price, Checkers, Pick & Pay, Standard Bank and South Africa Airways, among others, have operations in the West African nation.
MTN owns 52% of Nigeria's mobile telecommunications market share, Multichoice’s DSTV boasts 90% of Nigeria's satellite television while franchises such as Nandos, Chicken Republic and St. Elmos account for an estimated 50% fast food consumption share in Nigeria.
Nigeria has a population of 170 million with its GDP standing at $268.8bn while South Africa's population is estimated to be 52 million with a GDP of $375.9bn.
- CAJ News

http://www.news24.com/elections/news/sa-rejects-nigerians-poll-participation-calls-20140319-2
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
You cann't reap where you didn't sow.
They should get there assssss on the next plane and come back. APC and PDP are destroying their homes morons.

angry angry

TMan.
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by johnmartus(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
anyway am not blame them for they are unguarded utterances even here in Nigeria we are not value ourselves talk on international our leaders has bring shame ridiculous to us I just pity this generation but this people do not serious on what they are asking for

Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by spankyflex(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
johnmartus: anyway am not blame them for they are unguarded utterances even here in Nigeria we are not value ourselves talk on international our leaders has bring shame ridiculous to us I just pity this generation but this people do not serious on what they are asking for
chai naira land english
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
johnmartus: anyway am not blame them for they are unguarded utterances even here in Nigeria we are not value ourselves talk on international our leaders has bring shame ridiculous to us I just pity this generation but this people do not serious on what they are asking for

Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by UnknownT: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
TrollMan: You cann't reap where you didn't sow.
They should get there assssss on the next plane and come back. APC and PDP are destroying their homes morons.

angry angry

TMan.
Trollman? Lol! Read my signature, be ready to be banned once s.eun sees ur moniker, he may change it to Tman if u appeal the ban like i didgringrin
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
UnknownT: Trollman? Lol! Read my signature, be ready to be banned once s.eun sees ur moniker, he may change it to Tman if u appeal the ban like i didgringrin

But That's what I want na.
How did you appeal the Ban? grin
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by UnknownT: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
LOL! After reading this, i had to go thru ur posts on nairaland(no offence) to check if u wrote this on purpose( a la Zebrudaya's English)
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by UnknownT: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
TrollMan:

But That's what I want na.
How did you appeal the Ban? grin
he banned me citing that nairaland doesn't encourage trolling, so i sent him a pm to rather change d username instead of banning me
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
We all know the part of Nigeria those people could have come from. They made such demand in Lagos State for th government to give them some seats in the state's House of Assembly.

Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by stevecantrell: 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
"Can't you see how we are helping South Africans to develop their land ? "
Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by ibedun: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Igbos!! shocked

Re: Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read by donmalcolm21(m): 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
. I'm sorry I went through your post on this forum and I've been laughing my skin out. But seriously you are hereby banned from making any comment on any thread. Mods take note. LOOOOOOL

Adamawa State Speaker, Umar Fintiri Served Impeachment Notice / Ebola Mess ! Dallas Hospital Made Mistakes With Ebola Patient Thomas Eric Duncan / Dele Momodu: A Note Of Caution To APC