Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" (10659 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by datguru: 6:21am On Sep 07, 2014
undecided
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by smudge2079(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2014
Out of d abundance of d heart, d mouth speaketh. U can do d maths.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2014
i.e. It's your faith. It's what you believe that it is right and can neva be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by firstolalekan(m): 6:34am On Sep 07, 2014
ok
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by BenGlobal1(m): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2014
Its ur heart that matters. Check ur motive why u posted this, then u will know.
In life ur motive is what matters, actions can never b ryt if motives r wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Aidy97(f): 6:41am On Sep 07, 2014
NL bringing up controversial christain topics since 2005
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by experimentist: 6:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Dis space is for weed smokers only.. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Jesuspistol(m): 6:51am On Sep 07, 2014
Its the heart that matters is why the renowned mega pastor allowed the ladies of his church dress skimpy and shabily and then sorrounds himself with them

Its the heart that matters is why he falls in adultery with them and have a scam about his marriage all over social media

Mtcheew. If its only the heart dat matters why did Jesus not choose at least some females as part of his disciples or does it mean God can't use a woman? No! Jesus was treading with caution in spite of his huge anointing.

Jesus said "flee fornication". He also said "flee from all appearances of evil" he didn't say wait until the evil itself shows up..just at the site of the appearance alone we should flee. He said guard ur heart diligently and work out ur salvation with fear and trembling.

If ur heart is d master of all situation then u won't need guard it with with fear.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Benjoh(m): 6:53am On Sep 07, 2014
It is what heart emanated that hitches f ree outside. It is devilish excuse,cos you (christain) knew humaN sees no heart but you forget God knows your thought b4 u think.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2014
ignis: Oh.....
Not Again.

Hmmmm are you among
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Aidy97: NL bringing up controversial christain topics since 2005

Anything wrong with that

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Oh..Thank God its on FP

And Thanks to the Mod grin
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by blezdem(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2014
the bible says; the heart is deceitful and extremely wicked. When you are living in sin or worldly behaviour and still says its the heart that matters, you have already judge yourself. Finally the bible says; let us judge ourselves before we are judged. Heaven and hell is real.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Idrismusty97(m): 7:09am On Sep 07, 2014
kazmanbanjoko: i.e. It's your faith. It's what you believe that it is right and can neva be wrong.
Hitler believed killing Six million Jews and expanding the German territory deeper into Europe is justified. Could that be "right" and can never be "wrong" as you said?.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by njuwo(m): 7:12am On Sep 07, 2014
pussypounder: My friend na pathological self-servicer, I don catch am with omotola jolade picture before dey shout "Omotola you are too much" after molesting the picture hin go wan dey preach for boys
You sure say na your friend? Cause your username dey tell my mind another thing.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by kudoxs(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2014
kennygee: For example. There is this woman close to my house who attends a big charismatic church.

She doesn't perm her hair, carry hair extensions, wear trousers (the typical deeper life look). She is even on low cut. She is a neighbour to a Muslim ( shops are beside each other).

But this woman is diabolical and troublesome. One Sunday, she came back from Church, dropper her bible in her shop and came to jack her neighbour on the neck ( obviously they had issues).

People passing were like " and this woman calls herself a Christian?"

In that case, my dear, no be by appearance but the honest state of your heart in the issues that relate to God.
What is even more important is how God sees you, how God sees the relationship you have with Him.
the honest state of the heart matters maybe, I wonder how God sees those that do all the things mentioned by the Op, and I wonder what kinda relationship they have with Him.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by sCross: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2014
In the last days, people would be lovers of self, seeking vain pleasures. We're just seeing a manifestation of the scriptures
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by teniyi(m): 7:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Na the something nah, that's is what Pastor Omotoyinbo of COZA called "the grace you will not understand " Wonder shall never end.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by paxonel(m): 7:23am On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass: Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".
IT'S YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS means if your conscience tells you what you are doing is sin stop doing it
the only things that are sin from what you have mentioned are a guy commiting fornication in no1. and the pastor commiting adultery in no 4
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by julybaba(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass: Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".
Christianity is 100% brokeness. That's what christ taught his disciples. If you can't forgo anything for Christ, you are nt ready yet. Sometimes, you have to forgo your personal ambitions and dreams, your desires and personality. God bless. You can read this: http://askpentagon.com/article.php?id=1 http://askpentagon.com/article.php?id=64
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by victorv12(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
What they mean by using the phrase, "Its your heart that matters", whenever they're about to commit a crime and their subconscious mind or basic self tells them what they're about doing is wrong, for them not to feel guilty of their misdeeds, they rather use the phrase, "Its your heart that matters". Its shows how hypocritical they can be.

Christains are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Sagamite(m): 7:37am On Sep 07, 2014

It is a lame phrase they hear and have learnt to use when the illogicality or the pure stupidity of their belief is exposed.

Some of them love to lie to themselves rather than use their brain and acknowledge these illogicalities/stupidities.

"You are going to a church where it is obvious the founder/your pastor is a conman using the money your supposedly donated to God to live an ostentatious and extravagant life, and you feel that is sensible?"

[Saga imitates a reetard] "Oh, it does not matter. It is your personal relationship with God that matters".

Pure fcktards!

4 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by psalmuelwater(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
Because its from the earth ;DBecause its from the earth
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by kevoh(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass:

Nothing wrong with this abeg. What the hell is ''World songs'' ? As if all songs and hymns are not of the world in the first place.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass

The four examples you have given are wrong applications of the phrase "it's your heart that matters".

A person who just committed fornication knew in his heart what he was about to do. A lady wearing a skimpy dress (when she has less skimpy options) knows in her heart what she is doing. In both examples, the actions are a true reflection of their hearts, which God will judge them by.

A more appropriate application of the phrase is this:

A man finds a #1000 recharge card on the seat in the bus. Thinking it fell from his pocket, he picks it up and later uses it to topup his phone. When he gets home, he realises that his own #1000 recharge card is still inside his wallet, where he'd earlier kept it. In this case,the man could be accused of 'stealing' the recharge card that he found in the bus but in reality, he is innocent because he used that card genuinely believing it was his.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Idrismusty97: Hitler believed killing Six million Jews and expanding the German territory deeper into Europe is justified. Could that be "right" and can never be "wrong" as you said?.
i only defined what it is, not the one of practical aspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2014
LMAyedun: It's an hypocritical talk
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2014
Sagamite:

It is a lame phrase they hear and have learnt to use when the illogicality or the pure stupidity of their belief is exposed.

Some of them love to lie to themselves rather than use their brain and acknowledge these illogicalities/stupidities.

"You are going to a church where it is obvious the founder/your pastor is a conman using the money your supposedly donated to God to live an ostentatious and extravagant life, and you feel that is sensible?"

[Saga imitates a reetard] "Oh, it does not matter. It is your personal relationship with God that matters".

Pure fcktards!

grin grin
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Bryan12(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2014
Its from your heart.I know myself but people see me as a different person*like someone who is bad,a womaniser,cunning*I see it in their faces even in the church but its not true.baddychristy knows that
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Janetozi(f): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2014
It is not what some christains or fooli!sh pastors says that we are going to hold unto, it is what the word of God says that we are going to hold unto.

"what matters is ur heart" is a deception from the devil, a statement from the pit of hell

so many christain and pastor are deceiving themselves that it is the heart that matters forgetting that it is the way we dress, behave or what we portray determines the intention of our heart.

Romans 12:1 says; i beseech u therefore brethren, by the mercies of God that ye present ur bodies a living sacrifices, holy, acceptable unto God, which is ur reasonable service.

Note that word "body" and not " heart"

if ur heart and thought is evil, it will be manifested in ur dressing, action or behavior.

It is not only the heart that matter , ur body also matters.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by FweshGeek(f): 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
A true christain will have a clean heart,thought and submit his/her whole self to God to take over the adamic nature of sin.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by StaceyJ(f): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2014
Last year in school, my former roommate who was an ursher in church and also the assistant ladies wing coordinator had a misunderstanding with my other roommate and she kept malice with her for over 2 weeks. Infact till we vacated, she wasn't talking to her.

Hypocrisy is the order of the day for most Christains these days (Not saying I'm perfect though).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Pray / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / OPINION: Jesus May Never Save Our World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.