Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" (10656 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by GoodBoi1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
"And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD’S anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:6-7).
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Ajacity: 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy,
Our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve
To you we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most graciously advocate, your eyes of mercy upon us
And after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, o loving, o kind Virgin Mary.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by GoodBoi1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Gigateem:

My brother, you're very wrong o. A true christian is Christ like, he doesn't sin, he who is born of God overcomes the world. Don't get it wrong. Anyone who sins, is a sinner! A sinner has no part in the kingdom of God. Please read Romans 6:1-12; Heb 6:4-6.
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:8-10).
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by GoodBoi1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass: Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

[s]1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"[/s]

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

[s]3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"[/s]

[s]4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".[/s]
Absurd examples. God sees your heart, He knows your motive for posting this whether it is to edify or destroy, gather or scatter, unite unbelievers to mock other christians; He sees your heart.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Ajacity: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
GoodBoi1: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:8-10).

True talk
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by sleekymag(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
It's your heart that truly matters, that's why the battlefield of life is in the soul or heart which consists of your mind, will and emotions). The devil is targeting the soul, cos that's where the battle is won or lost. Many people's perception of right and wrong is faulty even as they try to interpret scriptures based on their own understanding. To me, the thing is, pattern your life after Christ Jesus, prayerfully seek the truth and you'll find it.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by hyelhira: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
A true Christian isn't someone that doesn't sin. Show me a christian who doesn't sin and I will run far away from him/her.

How do we reconcile this with Titus 2:11,12,
11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

A true Christian is someone who sins, but never delights in it. He gets up every time he falls, in fact, he stops at nothing to achieving that.

or the above with 1 John 3:9, "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 12:20am On Sep 08, 2014
GoodBoi1: "And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD’S anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:6-7).

Could you tell me the reason for this quotations
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 12:23am On Sep 08, 2014
GoodBoi1: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:8-10).

So in other words, am free to be sining hmm.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 12:25am On Sep 08, 2014
sleekymag: It's your heart that truly matters, that's why the battlefield of life is in the soul or heart which consists of your mind, will and emotions). The devil is targeting the soul, cos that's where the battle is won or lost. Many people's perception of right and wrong is faulty even as they try to interpret scriptures based on their own understanding. To me, the thing is, pattern your life after Christ Jesus, prayerfully seek the truth and you'll find it.

You forget that before I choose to fornicate or steal I have already conceived it in my heart, so why do you guys like to shoot your selfs in the leg in a bid to justify your sinfull ways
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ihedinobi2: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2014
kennygee:

There is a difference between doctrines and Christianity. Nowadays, pple are carried away with the doctrines of their church so much that they make it look like doctrines will take u to heaven. It is the person who is in right standing with God and exhibits the characteristics of Jesus that will make heaven. Not the women leader who looks like a sheep but is indeed a wolf behind closed doors. It is the person Whose hidden works can withstand the Light not the hypocrite that will make heaven.
You're right about who makes heaven. But about doctrines and Christianity, we use doctrines to understand Christianity. There are good and true doctrines and false ones. You cannot eliminate good and true doctrines from Christianity. Christ is Truth, doctrines are systems of truth or, how we teach and understand the Truth.

To mold the character of Christ we must learn and understand Him and put to work what we have to learned.

What churches prefer about their own doctrine matters only in so far as it is true to Christ or false.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Jay2014: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is Satanic words of encouragement to send many so called believers to HELL. eg

it's does not matter
God understands.
God know my Faith.

I pray for God Mercy so that the Devil will not smile at us at the Last Day.
and the statement I KNOW U NOT WILL NOT BE OUR PORTION IJN.

Christians, be careful and watchful . so that we will not be a prey(Food) to the devil,our adversary.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by GoodBoi1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
cbrass:

So in other words, am free to be sining hmm.
No
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by brocab: 1:20am On Sep 09, 2014
Chirstainity isn't a fake religion, it had been qwisted around that much just to suit a money making worldly system. The lord says the truth will set you free. And in argument, we have differen't views on how jesus should act. But the bible clearly shows the truth. people say jesus was a rich man, if that was true he would have had a place to rest his head, but instead he mixed with the poor, those who had no homes, and had only the choths they wore everyday. Tithing was an act from the Roman Cathlic Church, and ever since' other churches have followed. The lord say's in 1 Timothy 6,3-5 say's If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our lord jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to Godliness, he is proud knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words,from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of Gain{MONEY}. From such withdraw yourself..So the lord is telling us, get away from these money making churches, because not only are they qwisting the word to recieve a wage in tithing. but they are causing disputes among their own. So Christainity isn't fake, but those who brainwash believers into a worldly system are.
Onyiibazz: When christians want to justify indecent dressing, they say we're no more in the era of the law i.e old testament but when they want to justify tithing, they will still go back to that old testament! Christianity is a fake religion!
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by brocab: 1:26am On Sep 09, 2014
GoodBoi1: No
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by tribeofdavid(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2014
Onyiibazz: When christians want to justify indecent dressing, they say we're no more in the era of the law i.e old testament but when they want to justify tithing, they will still go back to that old testament! Christianity is a fake religion!

Genesis 28:20, 22 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Genesis 14:19-20 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

excuse me? wasnt this before the Law?
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by tribeofdavid(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2014
kennygee:

There is a difference between doctrines and Christianity. Nowadays, pple are carried away with the doctrines of their church so much that they make it look like doctrines will take u to heaven. It is the person who is in right standing with God and exhibits the characteristics of Jesus that will make heaven. Not the women leader who looks like a sheep but is indeed a wolf behind closed doors. It is the person Whose hidden works can withstand the Light not the hypocrite that will make heaven.

Matthew 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

no there's no difference between doctrine and christianity.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Onyiibazz: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
tribeofdavid:

Genesis 28:20, 22 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Genesis 14:19-20 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Christians trying to justify the parts of the bible that suits them and despising the part that doesnt since time immemorial!

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by brocab: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abram tithe once with the spoils of war? {Tithing goods that didn't belong to him} Genesis 14, 23 says that I will take nothing, from a thread to a sandal strap, and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say"I have made Abram rich..Later tithing became a law only to the levites. Jesus died and paid the price. So tithing is finished...Abram, soon became Abraham who lived only by promise, Hebrews 11,8-9- By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place which he would afterward recieve as an inheritance. verse 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of {Promise} as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the Same {promise}. And did not pay another tithe-once only as the word says..And jacob made his own vow to God already after he was blessed, Genesis 28,14-Jacob had choosing to pay a tithe, verse 22. Not because the Lord asked him too. Did Jesus pay a tithe or was it a tax-Once? If tithing was meant to be in place for all christains to pay, Then why did Jesus predict the destruction of the temple Mark 13, matthew 24, Luke 21,5-6 wasn't this the temple where the tihers tithed into? And after jesus had died on the cross-was it not torn from top to bottom spit in two. And later everytime they tried to build that same old temple, was it not' pulled down again and again, as jesus predicted it...
tribeofdavid:

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by SenatorJames(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2014
cbrass: Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".
That is called PERVASION (turning the word of God to suit ones interest). Jesus thought about "its your heart that matters" concerning service to God, because of the hypocrites (you worship me by mouth, but your heart is far away from me). @op, next time they give that excuse for their wrong doing, tell them "what is outside will reveal what is inside", "out of the abundance of heart, mouth speaketh (including behaviour)".
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
By their fruits not by the nutrients that flow through the tree. If the heart is pure its sure to reflect in deeds. A tree that produces orange fruits can't claim to be a mango at heart. Its an orange tree both ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Pray / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.