Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,268 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) (22193 Views)

What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2014
I used 'hip hop' because I didn't want to use 'music'. Music consists of both native/cultural, gospel, etc. There are lots of naija cultural songs I can kill for; they cut across many Nigerian languages. When it comes to gospel, there are songs and artistes I admire. I can play the likes of Frank Edwards, Chris Morgan, Boniface Adefu, Sinach, etc all day wink

Now, naija hip hop. Getting so empty!!! What do these peeps say in their songs if not the butts of women and how they can die for it. Does it mean there is no other reasonable thing to talk about if not nyash? Out of every 10 naija hiphop you hear on radio, 9 must be talking about nyash. Gosh!!!

The effect of these songs on our kids cannot be easily over-looked. They corrupt these kids to a large extent. I have seen kids singing lines such as 'take banana till you go...', ' I fit die on top your matter ehhhh', 'ukwu', etc.

Nigerians are quick to conclude that foreign songs contain nothing, but with all sincerity, I think the ratio of foreign songs that are empty and those of naija cannot be compared. Most naija hiphop/dance hall songs are loved so much by the 'unintelligent' folks who find it hard to understand philosophical lines or lyrics. I still feel the level of your mentality determines the type of songs you listen to. I give respect to Gino, Yung Hanz, Modenine, Jesse Jagzz and the peeps who have been keeping it real.

Views are welcomed...

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by rawpadgin(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2014
they need to be rich & famous

5 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2014
rawpadgin: they need to be rich & famous

By focusing 100 percent on nyash, breas.ts, sex and the likes?

Hmmm...Sunday, September 2014! Front page tins. Nodding ma head to 'I tried' by Bone Thugs and Harmony. Come o! Where is mencade ma hommie

12 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by TRADELYN: 7:58am On Sep 07, 2014
grin
I no blame them...they are just trying to express themselves wella by always raising their 'Hips' 'Up' shocked

#2BabA!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2014
All they sing about is cars,fame,money and women. Not only in Nigeria but hip hop all over the world. Why would i be listening to people praising themselves and demeaning everyone else in their songs undecided

40 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by timilehing(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Full of emptiness and still, we listen, watch & dance to their songs?? Its not empty yet

On a serious note, that yans.h, brea.st & co is what Nigerians are looking for in an hip hop artist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Their Lyrics tho undecided Some of them is nothing to write home about, like one of Patoranking's songsundecidedundecided. I still love the 'Meaningful' Naija music and I play them!

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by eemalex(m): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Yeah right. Everybody wanna sing and be successful

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2014
Story for the gods are always making front page.@op,one man's food is another man's poison.As for me and my self,I like it that way.#StillLookingForCaro

14 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2014
Someone was playing one song like that when I was in a Bus,they call it "S3x TAPE". I was shocked when I heard d lyrics shocked shocked shocked Like seriously that's d dirtiest music I have ever heard. WDF! I wonder Y they didn't ban dat silly music.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Youngzedd(m): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2014
The creator bless the OP.

10 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2014
ebolablast: wait
Wait? Are u coming? grin grin grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Mariopgomery(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Am tired also, getting so boring

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by LEAFLET(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
You shouldn't use hip hop op because the song you sighted here is no way Hip hop.. You can generally say Nigerian music and not Hip hop... Most of this guys do Afro pop and not Hip hop...

7 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney: I used 'hip hop' because I didn't want to use 'music'. Music consists of both native/cultural, gospel, etc. There are lots of naija cultural songs I can kill for; they cut across many Nigerian languages. When it comes to gospel, there are songs and artistes I admire. I can play the likes of Frank Edwards, Chris Morgan, Boniface Adefu, Sinach, etc all day wink

Now, naija hip hop. Getting so empty!!! What do these peeps say in their songs if not the butts of women and how they can die for it. Does it mean there is no other reasonable thing to talk about if not nyash? Out of every 10 naija hiphop you hear on radio, 9 must be talking about nyash. Gosh!!!

The effect of these songs on our kids cannot be easily over-looked. They corrupt these kids to a large extent. I have seen kids singing lines such as 'take banana till you go...', ' I fit die on top your matter ehhhh', 'ukwu', etc.

Nigerians are quick to conclude that foreign songs contain nothing, but with all sincerity, I think the ratio of foreign songs that are empty and those of naija cannot be compared. Most naija hiphop/dance hall songs are loved so much by the 'unintelligent' folks who find it hard to understand philosophical lines or lyrics. I still feel the level of your mentality determines the type of songs you listen to. I give respect to Gino, Yung Hanz, Modenine, Jesse Jagzz and the peeps who have been keeping it real.

Views are welcomed...
Yunghanz you mean da one in warri

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Youngzedd(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
The effect of these songs on our kids cannot be easily over-looked. They corrupt these kids to a large extent.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Wolison(m): 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
I don't have anything to comment oooooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by gift01: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
timilehing: Full of emptiness and still, we listen, watch & dance to their songs?? Its not empty yet

On a serious note, that yans.h, brea.st & co is what Nigerians are looking for in an hip hop artist
Reflection of our society

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Canme4u(m): 8:06am On Sep 07, 2014
Grass to grace by 2baba

BETTER, TOMORROW by Oritshefemi

BETTER Remix by Oritshefemi FT Vector da viper

IF E BETTER FOR EVERY MAN O, EVERY WOMAN EH, EVERYBODY AJIBOLE E NO GO DEY OOOO*
IF E BETTER FOR EVERY MAN O, EVERY WOMAN, EVERYBODY BANBIALLAH E NO GO DEY

VECTOR:

Orisafemi *ow pipu go do d work wey no dey

*ow u want make dem show d love wey no dey

*ow I wan respect d boss wey no dey pay

*ow u wan enjoy your salary wen d pay no dey tey

*I dey pray 4d future frm now,

*Cos men no dey chao

*But u see as dem dey plaow

*If e better for every man and woman as a fact

*I wouldn't have to feature on this track

*If to say life easy 4 d places like Ajegunle

*Omo boys for there no go dey spray bullets

* But I wonder ow d thief go dey aim me now

*You wan ROB me but my body no dey pain me now grin

*Even me self no sey no be today

*All d yawns I dey yawn e don tey

*if to say security dey for night

Ajibole E no go dey.*

The chorus of Oritsefemi, the verce and the Vector's raps were all within the content of the track.

It is not about self praising, it is about the reality. Vector did justice to that with his raps which accompany a great rymhs just like DaGreen's track DEMOCRAZY

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by gift01: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2014
The only people growing up are the music producers. I respect them all. All the jobless lyricists do is buy a beat and scribble junks into it

3 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2014
LEAFLET: You shouldn't use hip hop op because the song you sighted here is no way Hip hop.. You can generally say Nigerian music and not Hip hop... Most of this guys do Afro pop and not Hip hop...

But Nigerians call it hiphop. That's what is it is known in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Smartlux(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2014
undecidedundecided wetin sef? Allow hip hop rest na....
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by gift01: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
How then do you classify some of Fela's songs? Corrupt or meaningless?
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by iceberylin(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Even the op is confused.....
calling Dance_hall songs HIP HOP ,
i bet the Mod didnt Read this Before moving it to FP

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by horlabiyi(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
I'm sorry to tell you this op. Most of those foreign artiste you are seeing as music lords sing trash too. Just listen to the likes of Lil Wayne,Rick Ross,2chainz etc all they talk about is Womanliness,weed,booty and clubbing. Though there are some artiste that always kill the lyrics like Bruno Mars and co. Respect to the likes of 2face,Jesse Jags,Vector,Olamide,Reminisce,9ice and their mama Asa.

16 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2014
...I am also concerned about the many lack of meanings in most of these songs,like dorobuccl,shoki,eminado and the likes.I don't listen to their booty songs...

4 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by GreenBobo: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2014
Stick to what you like! When Inyanya was doing good music, few Nigerians knew or patronized him! He did kukure n all of a sudden he blew! I get ur point, But It's business and they call it commercial music!

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.