Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) (22517 Views)

What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
I guess majority of the artist do freestyle with beat which they eventually record, without writing meaningful songs with their brains.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rexnegro(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
I concur with the OP.. What's park baby pullover? Na police u be ? Nonsense called songs from most of them .

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
horlabiyi: you mentioned REMEDY group? Hahaha aswear you no sabi anything about music
why wont i mention them? At least i liked some of their music. And trust me. I know a lot bout music

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by plaetton: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
And I thought I was the only that noticed that nowadays , Nigerian musicians lack musical talent to start with, and make no effort at producing music. All they produce is noise pollution, as far as I am concerned.

The shocking thing is that, unlike their foreign counterparts, they don't even sing.
They just blab incoherent words , then the rest are sound effects.
I have been asking why all Nigerian hip-hop music sound the same.
No creativity whatsoever, with just a few exceptions.

The fact that everyone goes ga ga over these songs says a lot about our mental fragmentations and our love of mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by samseen02(m): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idrismusty97: All they sing about is cars,fame,money and women. Not only in Nigeria but hip hop all over the world. Why would i be listening to people praising themselves and demeaning everyone else in their songs undecided

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Stevejog(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
MTN DATA PLAN FOR ALL
MTN DATA PLAN FOR ALL
We Buy, share nd sell MTN cheap data plan. For every phone.
Works on PC and others, valid for a month.
250mb = #400
500mb = #700
750mb = #900
1gb= #1200.
Not a scam, and it is legal.
Contact us for more clarification and to order for on 08063397495 or 08037105350.
Thanks
bbm: 79473F20 or 7E07C94E whatsapp: 08063397495 or 08037105350
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Teespice(f): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
yet someone will open mouth and call me stale because I listen to songs such as jebele which dates back to 2007 than the rubbish being churned out in the name of Nigerian hip-hop.

Nigerian hip hop songs have gone to the dogs. gone are the days when you listen to songs with rich and thought provoking lyrics. it will never sell if it is not about ukwu and objectifying women.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton: And I thought I was the only that noticed that nowadays , Nigerian musicians lack musical talent to start with, and make no effort at producing music. All they produce is noise pollution, as far as I am concerned.

The shocking thing is that, unlike their foreign counterparts, they don't even sing.
They just blab incoherent words , then the rest are sound effects.
I have been asking why all Nigerian hip-hop music sound the same.
No creativity whatsoever, with just a few exceptions.

The fact that everyone goes ga ga over these songs says a lot about our mental fragmentations and our love of mediocrity.

Abeg help me tell them.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Akinsnaira: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
You will enjoy these musics saying it dirty if you are in a party mood, My mood determines the type of music I listen to. But scrap that thought that they influence the young ones negatively, there are so many factors responsible for that and music is just the least.

What I just dislike about naija music is the noise, they should try to reduce the bits of their sound so that we hear more of their words, and they don't need to shout always, singing on top of their voice before making sense
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by yemstok(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
horlabiyi: I'm sorry to tell you this op. Most of those foreign artiste you are seeing as music lords sing trash too. Just listen to the likes of Lil Wayne,Rick Ross,2chainz etc all they talk about is Womanliness,weed,booty and clubbing. Though there are some artiste that always kill the lyrics like Bruno Mars and co. Respect to the likes of Jesse Jags,Vector,Olamide,Reminisce,9ice and their mama Asa.

Abeg sharply comot Reminisce and Olamide from that list. Replace dem with 2face.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Ninilowo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
What type of music is Lanre Teriba singing.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Canme4u(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
I Love Dagrin's democrazy
2baba is doing well too.

you're on point.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by LajaLaba: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Majority of them always sing about money.......Only listen to them when i'm a bit high

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hw abt d ladies/dancers dt dress half naked? Yet d male artists dey dance 4 r fully/well dressed
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by gottoboy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Abeg links to Chris Morgan, Sinachs and some dope gospel sungs
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Some daft Nigerians said America are being partial for not nominating Nja singers let alone them win grammy awards.. I was like.... Like seriously u guys dont knw we only hv entertainers but musicians/singers are rare.

@ OP, thks for ur observation. Till date I wonder where GINO is?? That guy is gud. His lyrics is rich and his albums are tight. Every songs we hear nowadays are Yansh, Ukwu, boobs, IDI, bebe-idi, etc. Yet we want this stupid lyrics 2 be nominated 4 grammy?? Our singers sing wat people wants 2 hear not wat ll give dem international recognition and as well quick money.

Well am done listening 2 foolish music except few in 9ja. I listen 2 america's music and do away with d few useless songs.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ Op, i agree with you a 100%. But as much as i hate the shallow artists and their empty headed fans who sing and dance to those songs. I hate the female dancers even more especially those foreign ones that dance for nigerian artists. They contribute to the disrespect women get from idiotiiic men.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by sauceEEP(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dorrobucci, dorroballer, dorroeminado..... I so hate this song. Still can't figure out the meaning of that word dorrobucci. Could it be a designer label just like gucci

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by icekidgodfrey(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

You talked about real hiphop. Yes! So how many peeps will buy if one does real hiphop you talked about without involving trashy words? The shallow minds of most listeners won't allow them to buy it. Someone should please, tell me what Erriga is singing?

That's about it. Erriga is like the only name that comes to mind when you talk of the 'Nigerian Hip-hop' the way he uses the pidgin and yoruba is a total knock-off! He still got fans bro, the thang is... Lot of people aint gonn digg your music, but at the end of the day you're still doing somethang you love. I'm like a hiphop head, and I think you don't have to go all hardcore if u need Nigeria to patronize you; remember the female folk is the target. Talk about people doing hiphop in Nigeria imma stick with mode9, a lot of people don't even know or understand sh!t he does, but he still does it... Man its for the love of it, it gets to the people who know its value. Remember some really talented artistes put a bit of that 'Nigerian-music' flavour to hiphop; thereby gettin to almost everybody out there people like Vector,Sinzu, Ruggedman...

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
icekidgodfrey:

That's about it. Erriga is like the only name that comes to mind when you talk of the 'Nigerian Hip-hop' the way he uses the pidgin and yoruba is a total knock-off! He still got fans bro, the thang is... Lot of people aint gonn digg your music, but at the end of the day you're still doing somethang you love. I'm like a hiphop head, and I think you don't have to go all hardcore if u need Nigeria to patronize you; remember the female folk is the target. Talk about people doing hiphop in Nigeria imma stick with mode9, a lot of people don't even know or understand sh!t he does, but he still does it... Man its for the love of it, it gets to the people who know its value. Remember some really talented artistes put a bit of that 'Nigerian-music' flavour to hiphop; thereby gettin to almost everybody out there people like Vector,Sinzu, Ruggedman...

I dey feel you sha...you make sense smiley
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by 3RNEST(m): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Op....On point...but come to think of it...check the economic of today..do u xpect these artistz to sit down and go hungry....yannch..butt..ukwu...whateva must make sales...it's better than stealing 1N in the market..... grin
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Superstar007(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op. Very true.
They Nigerian music is mostly made up of hustlers with those that are talented being in the ratio of 10 : 90 to untalented/croaked voice/copy cats.

The thing dey vex me gan. .
Imagine someone singing "na na na na na na(using the National Anthem's tune) I go marry you go Ghana"
Like seriously?? Whats the meaning
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Orikinla(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney: I used 'hip hop' because I didn't want to use 'music'. Music consists of both native/cultural, gospel, etc. There are lots of naija cultural songs I can kill for; they cut across many Nigerian languages. When it comes to gospel, there are songs and artistes I admire. I can play the likes of Frank Edwards, Chris Morgan, Boniface Adefu, Sinach, etc all day wink

Now, naija hip hop. Getting so empty!!! What do these peeps say in their songs if not the butts of women and how they can die for it. Does it mean there is no other reasonable thing to talk about if not nyash? Out of every 10 naija hiphop you hear on radio, 9 must be talking about nyash. Gosh!!!

The effect of these songs on our kids cannot be easily over-looked. They corrupt these kids to a large extent. I have seen kids singing lines such as 'take banana till you go...', ' I fit die on top your matter ehhhh', 'ukwu', etc.

Nigerians are quick to conclude that foreign songs contain nothing, but with all sincerity, I think the ratio of foreign songs that are empty and those of naija cannot be compared. Most naija hiphop/dance hall songs are loved so much by the 'unintelligent' folks who find it hard to understand philosophical lines or lyrics. I still feel the level of your mentality determines the type of songs you listen to. I give respect to Gino, Yung Hanz, Modenine, Jesse Jagzz and the peeps who have been keeping it real.

Views are welcomed...

You just made my day.

The fact is majority of these hip hop acts in Nigeria are intellectually re-tarded.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Orikinla:

You just made my day.

The fact is majority of these hip hop acts in Nigeria are intellectually re-tarded.

Thanks bro. This thread was inspired by what happened recently. I was playing 'Oh Girl' by Paul Wall when a friend of mine told me to stop the 'rubbish' song. He said he couldn't figure out what the song is all about. He finally asked me to play 'Dorobucci'! I told him that his brain has been eaten so deep by the mediocre songs we hear everyday in naija.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by blaxx: 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

Thanks bro. This thread was inspired by what happened recently. I was playing 'Oh Girl' by Paul Wall when a friend of mine told me to stop the 'rubbish' song. He said he couldn't figure out what the song is all about. He finally asked me to play 'Dorobucci'! I told him that his brain has been eaten so deep by the mediocre songs we hear everyday in naija.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by blaxx: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

That jam was cool. The chorus ws off tha chain.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by molas02: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
read d word of God wela. End time misicians.....the illums
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by mstik(f): 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
hip hop 'music', on a normal day is nothing but noise and crap
not a fan at all
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
blaxx:
That jam was cool. The chorus ws off tha chain.

Bro, am glad you know the song.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Juztizz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
ASA...
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Bwhyflowz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Na today you just know?
There is more problem than just the lyrics,you should watch their videos..a single guy could be singing and he will have 5 ladies rubbing his body,wetin b dat?
All they do now is bring girls for us,let them shake their booty and show their cleavage(probably cos they believe guys would be attracted to the videos not because the song is interested but to see 'bombomssss',girls tweaking(i get d spelling!) and in doing that,their videos are being download nd watchd which translate to more money for them.)
my darling ladies,I know you are sexy and I love you so much,but pls say no to 'booty shaking infront of camera'...help us(guys) and kick these mediocres out of the market.
Jesus loves you.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by pegmatite(f): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote
author=priscaoge]Someone was playing one song like that when I was in a
Bus,they call it "S3x TAPE". I was shocked when I heard d lyrics shocked shocked
shocked Like seriously that's d dirtiest music I have ever heard. WDF! I
wonder Y they didn't ban dat silly music.[/quote]
Hav u heard d dirty version of Caro by Wizkid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFRIMMA 2020: Full List Of Winners (burna Boy, Simi, Rema, Other Nigerians Win) / Five Times Tems Made History In Music Industry / Duncan Mighty's New Album. Best Naija Album This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.