Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Boko Haram: Ihejirika's Reaction To Negotiator's Allegations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Ihejirika's Reaction To Negotiator's Allegations (430 Views)

My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis / Fani-kayode: Australian Negotiator’s Allegations Against Ihejirika Despicable / Sheriff & Iherijika Are Named As Boko Haram Kingpins By Australian Negotiator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Ihejirika's Reaction To Negotiator's Allegations by chesterlee(m): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
FormerChief of Army Staff, General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika has responded to the allegations made by Australian Negotiator that he is one of the sponsors of Boko Haram.
General Ihejirika
Lt. Gen Azubuike Ihejirika during the meeting of the Alumni Association of members of Regular Course 18 of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), at the National Defence College (NDC), Abuja described the allegations against him as frivolous and unfounded.
Ihejirika who warned against giving undue attention to the Australian’s claims said the allegation was meant to divert the attention of the country and its security agencies thereby causing division.
The ex-Army boss who warned Nigerians against utterances that could bring down the morale of Nigerian troops, a situation he described as dangerous.
He also warned stakeholders and allies that the terrorists are currently exploiting the country’s ethno-religious, socio-political and multi-cultural faultiness to advance their cause, which they have not been able to achieve through violence.
READ ALSO: Australian Negotiator Reveals Boko Haram Sponsors
Iherjirika said:“If this accusation was made in a country like US or UK, it would not be discussed for one hour because they would wave it aside. But they are exploiting our traditional fault lines, a multi-religious multi ethnic, multi-cultural and young democracy, so what they have tried to do is aimed at achieving what they could not achieve.
“I have chosen to do this because we cannot allow national security to be toyed with; the need for security awareness in spite of the effort I put in at time and the effort being put by the current leadership of the Armed Forces, the need for security awareness still persists.
“I want to urge all Nigerians to join hands to support Mr. President and members of the Armed Forces in their onerous task to rid this country of terrorism.
“I want to further advise that baseless, unfounded and frivolous allegations like this have the capacity of diverting our attention, away from the main problem.
Source: www.naij.com/286299.boko-haram...
Re: Boko Haram: Ihejirika's Reaction To Negotiator's Allegations by chesterlee(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
The General is spot on!

(1) (Reply)

Fayose’s Supporter Shot In Ado-ekiti / Nurtw Former Chairman Killed / Robben To Build Museum Dedicated To Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.