Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It (2387 Views)

See What Someone's Son Was Caught Doing. (abomination!). / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / F.D.A Oks 'morning-after' Pill For 17-year-olds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
adeg: Thanks all. I think my wife should handle it

bia, na your child? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I really feel for you, bro!
hmmmmmmmmmmm, this one pass wetin your wife alone can handle oo.
1. As people have said, anything that suggests seks shoukd be kept away from the kids.
2. Keep the other party away I.e. if the boy is your own, keep the girl away from her or vice versa. Hopefully, they don't yet know they can do it with other people.
3. Sit the child down and tell stories, the 'you-can-ruin-your-future-stories', those still work until puberty.
4. If you believe in prayer, please, PRAY!
I do wish you the best. Can't imagine my 6 year old doing such, I'll practically go crazy on the spot. sad

1 Like

Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 08, 2014
adeg: Pls help out. How do you discipline & advice mere 6 year olds caught red-handed, not mere plays but the real acts. Am at a big dilemma here

OP please...listen to me... Very carefully...

They must have been exposed to this already in some form... hopefully the innocence of seeing parents doing it. BUT, I will be completely honest with you. This is something that leads me to believe that one of them was abused séxually and they are now playing it out with the other.

This goes beyond mere "beating" and only prayer. Ok... we need to think about the affected mind of both kids. They need to know that what they did was wrong, but that they aren't bad kids. Because let's be honest, a 6 year old child doesn't have the ability to discern right from wrong when it comes to this. SO they need to be sat down and taught about modesty, marriage, and appropriate behavior from all the parents involved..

ALSO... you need to get down to the bottom of WHO did this to them in the first place. Which is why screaming, yelling, beating will be useless in this case. They need to have trust in you, and not be afraid. Which is why the wise, stern yet caring type of discipline is needed at this point.

PLEASE PLEASE take what I'm saying as a parent who experienced a similar experience. My daughter who was 3 !!! started doing this explicit dancing, so I spent the day being very attentive to her, that by the evening upon putting her to bed she revealed that a daycare worker had molested her. SO you see, this is a very wicked world and human beings cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by adeg(m): 6:57am On Sep 08, 2014
The parents might not totally be blamed. School & other place of exposure could be source of influence.
EfemenaXY:

Save the discipline, floggings, beatings, shouting, ravings, and 'advice' for the irresponsible parents.
Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by adeg(m): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2014
Yes you are right. This is why am seeking advice to help them because am sure their parents natural reaction will be black & blue beating which will just subdue but not remove it.
vivalableue:

OP please...listen to me... Very carefully...

They must have been exposed to this already in some form... hopefully the innocence of seeing parents doing it. BUT, I will be completely honest with you. This is something that leads me to believe that one of them was abused séxually and they are now playing it out with the other.

This goes beyond mere "beating" and only prayer. Ok... we need to think about the affected mind of both kids. They need to know that what they did was wrong, but that they aren't bad kids. Because let's be honest, a 6 year old child doesn't have the ability to discern right from wrong when it comes to this. SO they need to be sat down and taught about modesty, marriage, and appropriate behavior from all the parents involved..

ALSO... you need to get down to the bottom of WHO did this to them in the first place. Which is why screaming, yelling, beating will be useless in this case. They need to have trust in you, and not be afraid. Which is why the wise, stern yet caring type of discipline is needed at this point.

PLEASE PLEASE take what I'm saying as a parent who experienced a similar experience. My daughter who was 3 !!! started doing this explicit dancing, so I spent the day being very attentive to her, that by the evening upon putting her to bed she revealed that a daycare worker had molested her. SO you see, this is a very wicked world and human beings cannot be trusted.

Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2014
adeg: The parents might not totally be blamed. School & other place of exposure could be source of influence.

Its still down to the parents I'm afraid. These kids are only 6! What do they know?

I dont know how close you are to these parents and who caught these kids in the act.

If they are your kids, I will know what to say to you but its diffiult targeting advise to people you may not even be in a position to talk to

Bottomline is that there is something wrong somewhere either at home or outside of the home.

If the parents are innocent of exposing their children to their own lovemaking/porrrnn then they should look at the people living in the home with them.

who looks after the kids when the parents are not in? Some employers make the mistake of keeping young men and women imprisoned in the house and dont allow them out; not even one day off a month.
A 20 something lady/man will have sexuall urges and you are only putting fire on your roof if you so that.

They should then venture out and see who has access to their children. I have seen instances where parents put their kids in a taxi/okada to take them to school alone. Anything could be happening on the route.

What is happening at school? Who are the teachers, helpers and even the school gardner?

This is not a simple matter and both parents need to get to the bottom of the problem and deal with it from the root

This is not a beating black and blue or deliverance issue. It needs to be dealt with with wisdom or the kids will clam up and not say anythng out of fear and you will never get to the bottom of it.
Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Advise & Discipline 6-year Olds Caught Doing It by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2014
tintingz: caught doing what exactly?

Doing IT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Parents Apologize To Their Children When They Are Wrong? / Is It Proper For A Woman To Ask A Man For A Come Back? / Another Notherner Set To Marry His Oyinbo Bby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.