Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,881 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Name Change On E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Name Change On E-passport (1040 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please Nairalanders,
Has anyone successfully changed name on e-passport before?
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please don't just view!
Say something friends...
Re: Name Change On E-passport by XKZ(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Do you have a particular inquiry or you're just curious?
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2014
XKZ: Do you have a particular inquiry or you're just curious?
My kid bros seriously wants to change his.
Any info will be appreciated
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2014
A mistake made 5yrs ago, is now affecting him...
Re: Name Change On E-passport by justwise(m): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2014
uchman:

That can only be done in Abuja
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 7:10am On Sep 08, 2014
justwise:
That can only be done in Abuja
That I know justwise.
Just that I need a kind of first-hand experienced information...you suppose understand?
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Name Change On E-passport by DobraDobra: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Well as u know already its only done in Abuja but what I dont know is why its very difficult to be done officially this give way to officials to rake in 100k into dia pockets. I cant introduce anybody but go to immigration office where ever u are and talk to a staff they will tell you wat to do. But personal experience we paid over 100k per person just to add a name to d family name and make it compound name.
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Please I PM you
DobraDobra: Well as u know already its only done in Abuja but what I dont know is why its very difficult to be done officially this give way to officials to rake in 100k into dia pockets. I cant introduce anybody but go to immigration office where ever u are and talk to a staff they will tell you wat to do. But personal experience we paid over 100k per person just to add a name to d family name and make it compound name.
Thanks for the insight, you know this is Nigeria and I know there must be a way...Please check your box for PM...
Re: Name Change On E-passport by DobraDobra: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
uchman: Please I PM you
Thanks for the insight, you know this is Nigeria and I know there must be a way...Please check your box for PM...

U PM me? I don't know how it works I have been struggling with it since.
Re: Name Change On E-passport by XKZ(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
uchman:

You already have the general idea. When you get to the HQ right from the gate you'll see officers who'll offer their services (for a fee, as usual).
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2014
XKZ:
You already have the general idea. When you get to the HQ right from the gate you'll see officers who'll offer their services (for a fee, as usual).
Nice XKZ and DobraDobra,
Well I guess I have to go to Abuja but Please friends is it an UPHILL task and does it take much time?
XKZ bro, you gat my PM...Please check.
Re: Name Change On E-passport by XKZ(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2014
uchman:
is it an UPHILL task and does it take much time?

All I know is you're supposed to write an application for a change of name (other than by marriage) to the ACG stating your reasons for the request. If he approves It's forwarded for printing.
I believe the speed is dependent on how much you're willing to pay ☺ (and maybe what your brother is trying to hide). You can hasten things up by heading directly to the ACG's office.
I don't know anyone I can recommended, all I have is 3rd hand information.
Re: Name Change On E-passport by rattlesnake(m): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
uchman: Please don't just view!
Say something friends...
ma only u waka come ni?
Re: Name Change On E-passport by DobraDobra: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=uchman]
Nice XKZ and DobraDobra,
Well I guess I have to go to Abuja but Please friends is it an UPHILL task and does it take much time?
XKZ bro, you gat my PM...Please check.

D best help from me is dis in wat ever state u are ho to immigration office and talk to somebody that person will advice u better and mostlikely give u a name to meet in Abuja office to speed up what ever u want to do. I dont want to get involve by giving u a name dis is money issue I dont want to be labeled accomplice to fraud in case something go bad its a diy do it ur self
Re: Name Change On E-passport by uchman(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Well said guyz,
All the information needed has been provided by you guys, any other suggestions will still be welcomed Naira landers...
UDO DI !!!

(1) (Reply)

Hi, Am Just Curious To Find Out / Life In America For Nigerians / How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.