Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Recent Prices Of Car Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recent Prices Of Car Parts (5110 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Prices Of Car Parts by nurey(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Good day everyone, since the women go to market and share recent prices of foodstuffs, I thought we could also share recent prices of car parts and accessories we bought, location and possibly pictures for intending people to buy or be informed about incase they need it. So I will start hope you guys will be willing to share one or two things no matter how big or small.
1.MRS synthetic oil 5w40 #6600 for 5L bought at mrs filling station opposie Scoa motors show room igbosere side of obalende

2.TOtal Quartz 9000 full synthetic 5w40 #8500 for 5L at upper campus around Niger insurance on your way to tinubu.

3. Forte oil visco 10000 full synthetic 5w40 at #7000 for 4L and #2200 for 1L at berkley street close to NAF camp obalende. forte oil station

4. Toyota sienna rim cover #1000 for a pair at lagos

5. Smallest fire extinguisher I don't remember the capacity #1500 at adeniji adele junction lagos island.

6. New original drivers license 15-20k renewing is 7k at vio office sura lagos.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by nurey(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Pix

Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by qeemus: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nice thread.pls how much is tokunbo engine for passat 2000,manual transmition..pix attached

Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by TCD: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nice thread, following. I bought Serpentine belt for Toyota 2AZ-FE engine, N1,500 . Total Quarts 7000, N4,700 at total filling station.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by sultaan(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
TCD: Nice thread, following. I bought Serpentine belt for Toyota 2AZ-FE engine, N1,500 . Total Quarts 7000, N4,700 at total filling station.

Belt is fake at that price

2 Likes

Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by nurey(m): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
qeemus: Nice thread.pls how much is tokunbo engine for passat 2000,manual transmition..pix attached
Bro I doubt if you will get a quick response on that engine here, I will advice you go to ladipo if you are in LAGOS or state the location you are and someone will definitely help you with the closest location to get a good one.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by nurey(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
sultaan:

Thanks sultaan you can help by quoting price of the original thing and possibly pictures to help this person and others looking to get the said part.

3 Likes

Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by TCD: 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
sultaan:

serious? What's the price of the original?
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by Top9jajamz: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2014
Hello,
Can someone tell me the price of a complete engine for Lexus Rx300 2001 model?
Thank you
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by Cyberknight: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2014
sultaan:

Belt is indeed not an "original" part at that price. OEM or good aftermarkets like Aisin etc, cost much more. I've had trouble with cheap fake belts before, so I now order all mine abroad - of course only possible when you have someone there willing to help you out.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by bravolad(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
sultaan:

That's exactly the problem in Nigeria. From my enquiries and observation through spare parts dealers, most car owners prefer the cheap fake and substandard products. Hence, spare parts dealers have invested huge in importing these substandard parts with quicker turnover and profit. It is even worsened by the fact that there is no Government regulations in terms of the quality of products that come into Nigeria.

However, a few car owners desire to pay for quality but can hardly find them available in the market. Recently, I went to buy the timing belt of my vehicle (3MZ 3.3 FE) engine. Because I had seen the one in my vehicle while changing water pump, I was not satisfied with the belt the dealer presented to me. After explaining to him the type I wanted, he said I can never get that in any spare parts shop in Abuja. That if they import that quality, nobody will buy it. I was planning to place an online order for it when he called me from Dubai to say that he saw my specification and how much it costs. I told him to buy it. A week later, I went to his shop to pay and pick it. Surprisingly, someone (apparently a mechanic) who also came to buy parts asked if I intended to use my car till old age for buying that kind of quality at that price (N13500).

Evidently, by extension, peopls's perception in Nigeria about a given product is tied to the relative small amount they can pay for an equivalent or a close substitute of the same product even if quality is compromised.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
nurey:
Bro I doubt if you will get a quick response on that engine here, I will advice you go to ladipo if you are in LAGOS or state the location you are and someone will definitely help you with the closest location to get a good one.

It is a VW iyana itire would be his best bet.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by sultaan(m): 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
If your car still use 3 belts it should be N2500 minimum serpentine belt should be around N6000 minimum. The belts should las 5-8 years easily manufacturers recommend you change them every 5 years or 60000 miles .How often do you change the 1000 naira belts?
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by Emperoh(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice thread.

Sultan

Can you advice me on the quality of this rotor?
http://www.amazon.com/Callahan-CK003511-Premium-Ceramic-Brake/dp/B00E1SKC1Y/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407346789&sr=1-12&keywords=brake+rotors+for+Lexus+es330

Average cost in Nigeria is N50k. Infact Briscoe and Emordi parts(best dealer for genuine Toyota and Lexus parts) sells N120k for the same part.

i am also considering this

http://www.amazon.com/Aisin-TKT-026-Engine-Timing-Water/dp/B008EEYWX0/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407346987&sr=1-4&keywords=timing+belt+kit
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by chukel(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Emperoh: Nice thread.

Sultan

http://www.amazon.com/Callahan-CK003511-Premium-Ceramic-Brake/dp/B00E1SKC1Y/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407346789&sr=1-12&keywords=brake+rotors+for+Lexus+es330

Average cost in Nigeria is N50k. Infact Briscoe and Emordi parts(best dealer for genuine Toyota and Lexus parts) sells N120k for the same part.

http://www.amazon.com/Aisin-TKT-026-Engine-Timing-Water/dp/B008EEYWX0/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407346987&sr=1-4&keywords=timing+belt+kit
if u are buying from amazon and u don't have an idea of d quality of the product, best bet is the reviews from those who have bought and used. Based on dat I think the timing belt and water pump are high quality. Before u conclude on fair price, check the shipping weight of d items. That could be a kill joy.
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by nurey(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Front passenger side of honda accord DC could be fixed at #8000 for clear not tinted in Lagos
Re: Recent Prices Of Car Parts by sultaan(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Emperoh: Nice thread.
Sultan

Rotors and brakes are very cheap I usually buy the generic brands because they last along time for regular driving. usually change rotors every other brake change and most will easily last 5 years.I bought my jeep in '08 and changed both after 5 years but it was still good.even the rotors on the 2000 jeep was the one from factory still had the clips on it

https://www.nairaland.com/1093461/what-did-car-today

You don't need the slotted ceramic stuff, semi metallic and mid price rotors are good enough.

The brakes and rotors on my ford with 90k miles on it is still factory. Most wont even drive 90k miles in Nigeria after 10 years.

(1) (Reply)

Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? / Where Can I Service My Hyundai Car In Ikeja? / PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.