Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion (2047 Views)

Marriage Is BORING! Fact! Soul mate or JUST MATES? / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
You may wonder why didn't i goto the 'RELIGION SECTION' and post this, yes i can't cos the subject matter do not fall into that category in that the subject matter is a FAMILY.

Religion seek to draw man close to GOD, while CHRISTIANity bring GOD to man, its a relationship between God and you, a one-on-one experience.

Some many pple erroneously view God as one tyrant who sees his children as slave atleast one religion said so, but no!, d fact is God sees everyone as his OWN child, being that he sent his son to die for our sin to demonstrate the LOVE he had for us why we are yet sinners!! Definetely u can't pay for ur sins cos if u try to u wud die and still goto HELL..

So many find this fact hard to believe. Thats why we av the same quality, the same gift, the same authority as christ even more cos christ himself spoke about it he said ''u wud do MORE in my name'', even christian argue about this fact, so we have christians who will only seek for thread where there is pandemonium and confusion in the body of christ which is the church to say YES! I said it '' i av been suspecting dat church/pastor'' to get further confused by the devil who is there to show u fault to shift ur attention on what matters d most that is ur SOUL and spirit!!

There is a reality in CHRISTIANITY, nothing more ReAL than This fact...

3 Likes

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Antell95(m): 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
undecided
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Varagous(f): 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
chrisianity is a relationship dis we must know.

1 Like

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 08, 2014
so op ... what's the moral of ur story?

5 Likes

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 08, 2014
I don't get it. What are you trying to say-Christianity is a sham?
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 08, 2014
It's a discipline
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
Christainity is simply a way of life , it is a simple module of behaviour of Jesus Christ and whomsoever emulate such behaviour of Jesus is a CHRISTIAN (which anybody in whatever religion can do as far as it is in a bid to worship, praise and fulfil the wishes of ONE GOD-Elohim, Allah,Yahweh,Chukwu,Eledumare,Ubangiji etc) !!!

Judahism is a religion guided by Torah as divinely received by moses (ASW)......

Islam is a religion guided by Qur'an as divinely received by Mohammed (SAW) ....

Christainity is simply a standard of behaviour(Love your neighbour as yourself) and not based on any LAW, it is stipulated according to the Gospel of Jesus which were latter compiled by the disciples to form BIBLE after jesus died

I see myself as a Christain too , take it or leave it , slap me the right cheek and I'm gonna turn you the left one but draw sword to me , I'm gonna defend myself by drawing sword to you too !!!

3 Likes

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 08, 2014
I hardly see christ in most churches nowadays and it has been prophesized than when Jesus comes back, he will hardly find christ-behaviour (christain) among human !! ..... What we have today is not Christain but ChristBusiness (Using jesus to chop money and bang lightskinned damsel) grin ..... Pastor divorcing pastress , Nyanshin choir members anyhow anywhere .... Make a pastor travel from here go UK in the name of kponyon claiming Deliverance....... TAAAA ...... Where is Christ in that !!

Christainity bring GOD closer to you while Religion brings you closer to GOD .....

Me dey do Both na !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by TunjiMsp: 7:01am On Sep 08, 2014
Yes, we know it's a fabrication of lies by Paul and other disciples, that explains the many contradiction in the bible

1 Like

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by mstik(f): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2014
I remember sometime ago when I casually mentioned this view, I was put on blat and cussed out lol
Religion is a terrible thing, infact I hate religion
Religion has brought conflict and confusion into the world
Only a few will understand this
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 08, 2014
mstik: I remember sometime ago when I casually mentioned this view, I was put on blat and cussed out lol
Religion is a terrible thing, infact I hate religion
Religion has brought conflict and confusion into the world
Only a few will understand this

What thrash is this madam?

If you take religion out of the equation would it have stopped world war II the most gruelsome war of mankind from happening or would it pacify the threats of a future and deadly nuclear war?

1 Like

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by mstik(f): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2014
remember the crusaders killing in the name of christ?
are you not aware of the the violence perpetrated by Islamic terrorist groups?
religion has done nothing good to the world
Christianity is NOT a religion
adolfebad:

What thrash is this madam?

If you take religion out of the equation would it have stopped world war II the most gruelsome war of mankind from happening?
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 08, 2014
mstik: r[b]emember the crusaders killing in the name of christ[/b]?
are you not aware of the the violence perpetrated by Islamic terrorist groups?
religion has done nothing good to the world
Christianity is NOT a religion

And you compare this to the countless toll of casualities born out of political wars in the world?

The russian civil war took over 6 million people, The world war I and II combined destroyed over 70 million people.
And we still have the americam civil war, the war in congo, the war in china, etc all over the world

All these are political wars and they were far deadly.

I guess you have forgotten the civil war in Nigeria? Yes, over 1 million people died. Was it religious as well?

So whatever you are saying about religion really does hold no water. religious wars are just by the side, they hold no candle to all these above.

If you take religion out of the equahtion, man will still threaten to bomb out each other and extinguish the earth in a deadly nuclear war. That is your nature. You are selfish, and you always want to be superior to the other fellow no matter what. Man is destructive and could be hostile. And this is what pure religion ( Christainity) seeks to ammend. So please mellow down madam and change your mind.
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by mstik(f): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2014
I know all these sir
Yeah, there are wars stemming from other factors such as the one you mentioned
My point is that religion also contributes to the violence in the world: When this is not supposed to be so
Which is why I reached my conclusion
adolfebad:

And you compare this to the countless toll of casualities born out of political wars in the world?

The russian civil war took over 6 million people, The world war I and II combined destroyed over 70 million people.
And we still have the americam civil war, the war in congo, the war in china, etc all over the world

All these are political wars and they were far deadly.

I guess you have forgotten the civil war in Nigeria? Yes, over 1 million people died. Was it religious as well?

So whatever you are saying about religion really does hold no water. religious wars are just by the side, they hold no candle to all these above.

If you take religion out of the equahtion, man will still threaten to bomb out each other and extinguish the earth in a deadly nuclear war. That is your nature. You are selfish, and you always want to be superior to the other fellow no matter what. Man is destructive and could be hostile. And this is what pure religion ( Christainity) seeks to ammend. So please mellow down madam and change your mind.

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2014
mstik: I know all these sir
Yeah, there are wars stemming from other factors such as the one you mentioned
My point is that religion also contributes to the violence in the world: When this is not supposed to be so
Which is why I reached my conclusion

Yeah I understand your point. But christainity is a religion. Christ himself said it. But note that It could be practiced blindly, and it could be practiced right. If the whole world was practicing christainty the right way, following Christ and his principles, the world would be a better place. There would be peace, security and joy all over.
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
MzNelly: I don't get it. What are you trying to say-Christianity is a sham?

no no... Dat christianity is the demonstration of God perfect love and gift for his pple
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
donroxy: I hardly see christ in most churches nowadays and it has been prophesized than when Jesus comes back, he will hardly find christ-behaviour (christain) among human !! ..... What we have today is not Christain but ChristBusiness (Using jesus to chop money and bang lightskinned damsel) grin ..... Pastor divorcing pastress , Nyanshin choir members anyhow anywhere .... Make a pastor travel from here go UK in the name of kponyon claiming Deliverance....... TAAAA ...... Where is Christ in that !!

Christainity bring GOD closer to you while Religion brings you closer to GOD .....

Me dey do Both na !!

Do not be distracted focus ur attention to the things that matter which is the spirit of christ, how dat u shud walk in the light of his power..
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
TunjiMsp: Yes, we know it's a fabrication of lies by Paul and other disciples, that explains the many contradiction in the bible

where are u confuse sir in pauls mesage??
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

no no... Dat christianity is the demonstration of God perfect love and gift for his pple
Okay
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
Do not be distracted focus ur attention to the things that matter which is the spirit of christ, how dat u shud walk in the light of his power..
Forget am , I was working my own , I saw one damsel emerging from church with skimpy armless dress, she's on high heels .... She's extremely pink lightskinned from up to down .... Even Jesus will be distracted talkless of me mere human .....

I do my service in my home now , I wouldn't want any devil motivated soul to distabilised my few hours in a day(sunday) with my God !!
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Kanwulia: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2014
It is a CULT! kiss
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Forget all these epistles! Christianity is simply a way of life.
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
donroxy: Forget am , I was working my own , I saw one damsel emerging from church with skimpy armless dress, she's on high heels .... She's extremely pink lightskinned from up to down .... Even Jesus will be distracted talkless of me mere human .....

I do my service in my home now , I wouldn't want any devil motivated soul to distabilised my few hours in a day(sunday) with my God !!

hahahahahahahahaha very mischievous person leave me alone jare.... Wetin carry ur mind go dia in d first place... Abajo chai! Lol
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

hahahahahahahahaha very mischievous person leave me alone jare.... Wetin carry ur mind go dia in d first place... Abajo chai! Lol
na so so man dey lie for God, u wan tell me say u no dey look dat side ...... bros, talk true shame devil o .....may be na dis 1800 church u dey go cuz dis 21st century own , hmmmm
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kanwulia: It is a CULT! kiss

Delirium is a disease really.

Here:

Kanwulia: With OGUN STATE . . . . . No need to question!
All things are possible

You believe in what the people of ogun and delta state are capable of doing to you and your american visa in the metaphysical realm, but you doubt the authenticity of the existence of God.

Do you make sense to yourself? Smh.
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Amhappy(f): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Its a way of life.
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by Kanwulia: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
adolfebad:

Delirium is a disease really.

Here:

You believe in what the people of ogun and delta state are capable of doing to you and your american visa in the metaphysical realm, but you doubt the authenticity of the existence of God.

Do you make sense to yourself? Smh.

I never doubted the existence of that your 'GOD' o.
I have only always believed that it was never a 'bright' bulb in the first place!
Just as the followers.

THE HANDS OF FAITH. . .ARE YOUR VERY OWN. kiss
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by plaetton: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1: You may wonder why didn't i goto the 'RELIGION SECTION' and post this, yes i can't cos the subject matter do not fall into that category in that the subject matter is a FAMILY.

Religion seek to draw man close to GOD, while CHRISTIANity bring GOD to man, its a relationship between God and you, a one-on-one experience.

Some many pple erroneously view God as one tyrant who sees his children as slave atleast one religion said so, but no!, d fact is God sees everyone as his OWN child, being that he sent his son to die for our sin to demonstrate the LOVE he had for us why we are yet sinners!! Definetely u can't pay for ur sins cos if u try to u wud die and still goto HELL..

So many find this fact hard to believe. Thats why we av the same quality, the same gift, the same authority as christ even more cos christ himself spoke about it he said ''u wud do MORE in my name'', even christian argue about this fact, so we have christians who will only seek for thread where there is pandemonium and confusion in the body of christ which is the church to say YES! I said it '' i av been suspecting dat church/pastor'' to get further confused by the devil who is there to show u fault to shift ur attention on what matters d most that is ur SOUL and spirit!!

You didn't post this in the religious section because you are afraid of being thoroughly mocked and flogged by those who keep an eye out for this type of irrational nonsense.

The worship of a deity, any deity is called a religion.
I think this is something every primary one kid would know.

It's very laughable that nowadays religion is a bad word associated with irrationality, mild insanity , endless conflicts and bloodshed. So now, everyone , both the purveyors and consumers of religion want to dissociate themselves from the word religion.

What a shame.

Sorry, buddy. It's not going to work.
Each time you say your prayers to your imaginary skydaddy, you are practicing religion.

4 Likes

Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
plaetton:

You didn't post this in the religious section because you are afraid of being thoroughly mocked and flogged by those who keep an eye out for this type of irrational nonsense.

The worship of a deity, any deity is called a religion.
I think this is something every primary one kid would know.

It's very laughable that nowadays religion is a bad word associated with irrationality, mild insanity , endless conflicts and bloodshed. So now, everyone , both the purveyors and consumers of religion want to dissociate themselves from the word religion.

What a shame.

Sorry, buddy. It's not going to work.
Each time you say your prayers to your imaginary skydaddy, you are practicing religion.

what relationship do u av with ur earth father?? A Dad or a Master??
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
donroxy: na so so man dey lie for God, u wan tell me say u no dey look dat side ...... bros, talk true shame devil o .....may be na dis 1800 church u dey go cuz dis 21st century own , hmmmm

hahahahaha lol... I am in the world but not of the world, no new sin again, so by the grace of God it doesn't get my attention... 1cor 10:12

and its so simple... Just Renew ur mind
Re: Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion by plaetton: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

what relationship do u av with ur earth father?? A Dad or a Master??

First, they are not imaginary, and second, I don't worship them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Wish My Daughter HBD / Photo: See Identical Twins Who Share Everything Including A Boyfriend / Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.