Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Kenyan Cloud-based Company Needs Some Help With Info - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Kenyan Cloud-based Company Needs Some Help With Info (461 Views)

What Is Cloud Hosting: How Does It Really Work? / Please I Can't Download Novel On Ma Blackberry Need Some Help / Professional Website Designer Urgently Needed By Abuja Based Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Cloud-based Company Needs Some Help With Info by ReadyForBusines: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hi there.

I work for a Kenyan music-sales company interested in tapping into the Nigerian market within the next month.

I have a few questions that we'd very much like some help with:

1. As web-masters, what do you think about the future of online businesses in Nigeria?
In West Africa? The whole of Africa?
What do you think its main challenges are today?

2. What payment methods do most Nigerians use (for online purchases)?
Our own research taught us about Paga/MyPaga and Interswitch. Are there any others, especially mobile-money options like MPesa, Airtel Money, Orange Money, Pesapal, Paypal Mobile...
How popular is Paypal in the country?
Do the traditional walk-in banks have store integration solutions for merchants, or are they just like most banks the world over?
Also, though this might not be webmaster-related, how popular is mobile banking?

3. Where can we get reliable data on the country's internet usage statistics?

4. Could we get examples of some professional online stores built and owned Nigerians?
(Jumia uses a similar format on all its different country-specific sites, so not that one, thank you)
We'll very much appreciate stores that focus on electronic payment systems for now, not pay on delivery.

In appreciation of your help, I'll be willing to offer you a job with us when we begin, or trade market info with you. Your choice.

Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Up To #10,000 With Your Website Or Blog Monthly / Site Admin Needed / Targeted Website Traffic And Its Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.