Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity (23293 Views)

Why Is It That Mad People Have Very Strong Immunity? / BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by experimentist: 9:35am On Sep 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: That's nice, kudos to the lucky monkeys, but you forgot we ain't monkeys. But it may work since we are all primates.
First to comment. Let me give a vote of thanks to all the generous monkeys and mouse that have been sacrificing their bombom for the injection of experimental vaccines since the ebola thing started. Thank you many much.
Monkey grin
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by amanze15(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2014
watching the series THE LAST SHIP, to take glimpse of how it went smiley
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2014
ogbeniTafa: in other words, if it can work on monkeys, it can work on Africans!
^^ That is the hidden message
Africans = Monkeys
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2014
ogbeniTafa: in other words, if it can work on monkeys, it can work on Africans!
I only wonder , why always America , it has to just be from America .... ! Who will safe the world from supremacists and extremists !!
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2014
It seems ebola has finally left Nigeria...finally
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by OnlineDude(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2014
This is good news, to some extent
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by newspapers: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2014
I also saw a much more feasible cure for Ebola on Figure Out - http://www.figureout.com.ng/survivors-blood-feasible-cure-ebola/
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 08, 2014
Good news....but will take some more years of testing in humans before we can shout victory.

In brief....we need a phase 1 to 4 trial...to establish things like safe dose, and any long term clinical effects.

Still the road to beating Ebola lies with good hygeine, isolation and treatment of sick patients, and community co-operation.

And a vaccine is not a cure(it protects)....the aim is still the development of an effective antiviral agent....and fospanivir appears promising.
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by prince133(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2014
kennygee: So there are two kinds of Ebola?
DUMB AS$
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2014
sanky346: So fast. And we hv been struggling to develop vaccine for HIV for over 20 years now with no success. There are lots of underlying global politics to this things

The problem with developing a vaccine for HIV lies in the fact that HIV virus has several types and subtypes....for example,while Ebola has 5 types(so far!)....HIV has two main types, which are divided into several subtypes; said subtypes are divided into even more subtypes.

Vaccines for HIV have been developed,infact there was a working one by 1995(which had even undergone human testing). Problem is it protects against some subtypes,but not all subtypes ....rendering it worthless.(Ouch).

Right now,research on HIV is focusing on a cure....and there are drugs that are under development that may be able to untangle the HIV RNA from the human DNA....thus preventing the virus from damaging the body.(They are called transcription and translation inhibitors.as well as a gene product called TRIM5alpha....and they appear promising). Also, in the future, we may be able to genetically engineer humans who are resistant to HIV viruses by knocking out a receptor on the CD4 cells that allows HIV virus to enter the cells.

2 Likes

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2014
prince133: DUMB AS$

Oh puhlease, i learned today, there are also a million and 1 things you are dumb at.
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Jimmyo3(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2014
Spotless180: they should release it fast. when will Nigeria also start doing things like this?
are u not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by donlyone(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2014
sanky346: So fast. And we hv been struggling to develop vaccine for HIV for over 20 years now with no success. There are lots of underlying global politics to this things

You are right, its really convinient that they can find the vaccine but not the cure. Who knows what saddistic end they hope to gain. They have been looking for ways to manage the rate of population growth in Africa since forever.

After reading the book INFERNO by Dan Brown, I know I will not be taking any vaccines that that the Western world won't take with Africa.

And the vaccine will be forever known as 'TROJAN'

1 Like

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Jimmyo3(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The problem with developing a vaccine for HIV lies in the fact that HIV virus has several types and subtypes....for example,while Ebola has 5 types(so far!)....HIV has two main types, which are divided into several subtypes; said subtypes are divided into even more subtypes.

Vaccines for HIV have been developed,infact there was a working one by 1995(which had even undergone human testing). Problem is it protects against some subtypes,but not all subtypes ....rendering it worthless.(Ouch).

Right now,research on HIV is focusing on a cure....and there are drugs that are under development that may be able to untangle the HIV RNA from the human DNA....thus preventing the virus from damaging the body.(They are called transcription and translation inhibitors.as well as a gene product called TRIM5alpha....and they appear promising). Also, in the future, we may be able to genetically engineer humans who are resistant to HIV viruses by knocking out a receptor on the CD4 cells that allows HIV virus to enter the cells.

Man u are good I really look 4ward to seen more comment like this on NL,but untangling the virus RNA from the human DNA is gonna be a bit tough...kudos my brother,i wish u know how much i love ur comment..do u have anything to do with the medical field?
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by donlyone(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2014
How I wish this our thieving politicians will use our money for the kind of RESEARCH that will safeguard future. How sweet it will be if we can manufacture our own vaccines but alas, they will prefer to gO begging for it.

Awoof they run belle Ooooo

1 Like

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Waspy(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2014
lirusehn:
i wish i was a monkey undecided

I give up, no offience........ in Mr Cork's voice
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2014
oluwato69sin: forgive me for saying this ,I think you're overly dumb for calling that a criticism after you saw "may work",I also feel you must be jobless by just blatantly picking on someone on a Monday morning ,,#justmyopinion. PS ;I replied you politely oh
After all this insult you are still polite. Between you and the guy can you honestly state who is dumb? Because it seem to me you don't know the meaning of the world polite
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Snowprince306(m): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2014
Chidexter: As I see the headline, I think say dem don test am for obasanjo body grin

Lol U funny sha oh grin
Chidexter: As I see the headline, I think say dem don test am for obasanjo body grin

Lol U funny sha oh

1 Like

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Chidexter(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
Snowprince306:

Lol U funny sha oh grin

Lol U funny sha oh

lol thanks
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
^*(()

Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Jimmyo3: Man u are good I really look 4ward to seen more comment like this on NL,but untangling the virus RNA from the human DNA is gonna be a bit tough...kudos my brother,i wish u know how much i love ur comment..do u have anything to do with the medical field?

As my nairaland moniker implies....I am a doctor.
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by prince133(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
kennygee:

Oh puhlease, i learned today, there are also a million and 1 things kennygee is dumb at.
u are being too childish
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
prince133: u are being too childish

Look at your comments, who is being childish? wink
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by prince133(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
kennygee:

Look at your comments, who is being childish? wink
whatz up pr0blem A-h0le
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by prince133(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
prince133: whatz ur pr0blem A-h0le
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
However, only half survived an infection 10 months after immunisation.

http://m.bbc.com/news/health-29076371[/quote]

VACCINE ALREADY MORE THAN 10 MONTHS OLD
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by phreakabit(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
If people take time out to read they'd discover this vaccine is only temporary. . . . Half bread better pass nothing sha. I think they made it that way with financial implications in mind, think returning customers. Anyway where man work na there I'm go chop!
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by macjireh: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2014

No mind dem jare. i thought i alone was thinking so.
Aint it funny dat countries dat claim not to have d Ebola virus have d cure.Ds world d more u look d less u see
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by onoshenry(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
A new case of the Ebola disease has been confirmed in Lagos, Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu said. The new patient is said to be the fiancé of someone who made primary contact with index case, Patrick Sawyer. - See more at: http://naija-gist..com/2014/09/ebola-new-ebola-case-confirmed-in-lagos.html#sthash.Br1Xxoe6.dpuf
Re: New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity by kaydwutang(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ukochukwu na d same people...........we r tired of this experimental tinz, we need the ogbonge melecine biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Care And Management Of Body Odour / My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach / Do Ultrasound Scans Sparingly - Doctors Warn Pregnant Women On Hazards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.