Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Adventures Of A Superhero - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures Of A Superhero (783 Views)

Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2014
So I'm on again and will also be running this story which I promise to be better than the rest, so enjoy y'all.

Disclaimer

Eko city is a fictional place despite being identical to lagos city.
Any real life character, event or likeness in this story is fictional.

Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chapter 1 - First day on Campus

The rock n roll lyrics of the song 'Hero of the day' by the band Metallica echoed off the newly plastered walls of the Sitting room at really high volumes and tunes, The beat rang through the entire room.

The room was sparkling clean unlike the one he shared with his Uncle thanks to his little sister, he walked up to her to see what she was doing. The room was clean and had a fresh smell of charcoal, ink and oil paint, On a 4 foot canvas hanging on a tripod stand was a pop art rendering of a man with long hawk-like wings spread out on his back, The man wore a red domino mask and tight spandex suits, the radiance of the sun shone all around, some parts of the work were almost a combination of cubism and abstract especially the city below.

"Whoa, what's this?" he never failed to compliment her but this time his voice wasn't audible because of the music, a little chubby fair complexioned girl lowered the volume on the stereo as she could his lips moving and continued working, he repeated himself.

"Oh, Kunle meet Sabrehawk, my new superhero " she had a paint brush on one hand and picked a color wheel with the other.

"Frankie, I thought you kids were resuming school today, nice art though" he said as she added a layer of cool colors to form clouds in her work.

"What's with having a little fun, besides it's not everyday you draw up a masterpiece, and don't forget to bring me some ice from your first day at Unicap" Unicap was one of the most prestigious university in the city he had transferred there after they moved to the city and the authorities had decided he should start again from a 100 level, a beggar has no choice.

As stepped outside through the main door his nose was hit by a putrid smell, his face assumed a new dimension as he walked towards the source, it wasn't long since he ate and he felt like vomiting.

His surrogate dad Uncle Ray was pouring a liquid into an abandoned motor engine he had found, repaired and modified and called it T-2. The T-2 was made up of all the parts that made a car move except that it was much smaller, the ground around it was covered in slick oily fluid, their house was a rundown bungalow and was very close to the kernel covered roads in the estate, he greeted a few passing neighbors.

He remembered Uncle ray telling him earlier in the morning that he was going to test his 'Future fuel' a combustile liquid made from his experiments with water, he believed it would replace the use of crude oil as it was renewable and didn't cause pollution, this was the source of the smell.

Uncle ray started the T-2 using an Ignition he had created, the engine screamed to life revving for a few minutes before it began vibrating and died out.

"All it needs is a little more modifications" muttered Uncle Ray to himself.

Uncle Ray was a nice man with genius level intellect, he had taken up the role of caring for his brother's children after his wife, his brother and his brothers wife had died in a motor crash, he did his best to raise the children in the fear of God working as an artisan and a part time taxi driver, at 56 he had a lean and bent frame and his eyes were sullen in their sockets a result of overworking.

Kunle checked his wristwatch "6: 30 am and the sun was yet to rise" it would take not more than ten minutes to walk out of the Asolo low cost housing estate and get to a CBT bus stop that would take him to another bus stop before he would get to Unicap. this was going to be his first day at a new institution and he was going to make the best out of it.
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
thanks need your comments guys Tag: 3Dimension,
Zeenab, Talk2riel, Akinkudin,
Igwechosen, MunAKeys, Elantracey, Ayobami23,
Kingso23, Bishop Kay, Odward, Igwechosen, Follz,
EDOGHO(thanks for the recharge cards grin),
Pammusphy, Faithgokz, Bookhy, Omortolah, Divepen,
Emzypaz, Kingphilip, LogoDWhiz, Comsoy,
JesusPRINCE, Mohammad11, Helensharpay, Luckidoc,
Leofish92, Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend,
Lorlaahlozz, Candy, Winie, Hyung Wang,
Hoyhebhukhunmhy, Omotolaray, Dammygoody,
Damoguy, 01emek, Okem09, Joseff14, larrysun,
kayemjay etc.
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by edogho(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
ok, u called and i answered. typos dey o. d sun was to rise in d morning, not set. i like super heroes. buh make it scary o. let me give way for mi ogas. they're coming
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
The red bus slowed to a stop as it approached the Unicap bus stop, the whole area was a beehive of activity, Cars were honking on the mainway, traders lined up their wares on both sides of the road, there was a lot of noise and vehicular movement.

A lot of passengers alighted from the bus most of them were heading for Unicap, Kunle looked around, a distance away from him was a square traffic island with flowers decorating it, in the middle was a sculpture of the university's logo, a book with a golden key spread across it and the motto was "Education - the key to power".

The traffic island divided the feeder road leading into the university into two, speed bumps were put to check the excesses of students who tried to drive in at a high speed, a few meters was a steel banner with UNIVERSITY OF CAPISTRO clearly written across, he never knew what it meant maybe it was the name of the man who owned it, he never read that part of his prospectus, there was a perimeter fencing and he could only imagine the length of the reinforced concrete walls, sculptures of past heroes of the school were at strategic points surrounded by flowers of various kinds.

As he strided on the sidewalk he passed two students, a male and a female holding hands, the male had a bag in his other hand while the female laid her head on his chest, a clique ahead him were musing about all the things they did the previous semester, cars of all kinds kept passing the road non-stop, accelerating after clearing a bump and slowing down to clear another.

he walked for a long time, the entire school was paved and most of the buildings were variations of Roman architecture, there was no dirt on the ground except for fallen leaves which a gardener was sweeping, some of the best names in education in town worked at the university, it must have cost Uncle ray a fortune to pay the fees.

He couldn't find his way despite having a map, most of the time the positions of through buildings were not synonymous with it, until an elderly man noticed him and his piece of geographical paper and pointed him in the right direction, he was already late.

He walked into the lecture room, a well spaced and ventilated one, rows of seats were placed on terraces that ended at the wall, a bald man was busy writting formulas on a white board using a marker...
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok?
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
Most of the seats were taken except one at the front, he took the seat and slung his backpack on the chair and brought out his notebook and pen, the lecturer turned around and looked, he hoped he was going to stop at some students who were having a little slugfest at the back.

"For those of you who manage to get late on a first day, this is physics 101" he said fixing his gaze on him.

"Also, I may as well inquire the rate of your knowledge on the subject " said the lecturer as a grin crossed his face,.please let this not be too hard Kunle prayed.

"What is the value of power of a Nano?" he asked.

"Emm.. exponential ten minus six " Kunle answered.

"What's a field?" he asked again, this is simple Kunle thought.

"A field is a region... " he interrupted Kunle to ask another question, he continued asking questions for the next five minutes and Kunle answered them all except a question that didn't have an answer

"Very well, it looks like you belong here but keep your writing material, the lecture is over " said the lecturer before walking out, most of the students joined him including Kunle.

A boy with short black hair like his with a hook-like nose,bushy brows, a broad face and a H shaped crease caught up to him, he was of average height and had an average built.

"You were really good back there, My name's Malik, Malik Pierce".

I will be back guys
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Don't forget to comment o! the views am seeing are more than the comments many times, whether criticism, encouragement etc it makes me know people are interested.
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by talk2riel: 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
To much description, leave your readers to do a little imagination.
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
And I thought I wasn't describing much. Update coming up.

"I'm Kunle, Kunle Adetunji and i don't have a nickname" he said with a broad smile giving out his right hand for a handshake.

"You headed for the cafeteria? I'm headed there, can't wait to grab a soda after that boring lecture, I'm going to need private lectures if I'm going to get better" said Malik as they continued walking.

"I could use some water and bons, I can tutor you, well if you pay my T fair" soon they were at the cafeteria, a few students were outside eating bits of food and sipping their drinks, they walked in.

Almost all tables had been taken except for two, they went to counter and got their drinks, a group of guys walked in and took seats at one of the tables, one of them went to get the food and drinks

They looked cool and groupy, so he joined them taking the last seat, Malik tried to protest but kept quiet and took the other table.

Kunle sat beside a big and tall guy with a half punk halt mohawk hairstyle that was now the trend, he had a well outlined face and wore a silver chain on a green jacket with the letter J written at the side,.he recognized him from the lecture.

"Hello, my name's Kunle" he introduced himself, the guy put his hand around his neck and spoke loudly.

"J's for Jeffrey, Jeff's for short, University new goldenboy and soon to be star of the football team, wanna mingle with Alpha frats cos they got all the cool stuff on Campus" he said demonstrating with his hands.

"but.. "

"There's stuff like chic girls, nice grades and special treatment but there are rules" Jeff continued interrupting Kunle.

"So what are the rules?" he asked curiously in a low tone.

"To us Alpha frats, school is like a caste system and they are at the bottomless bottom so don't speak to them or be seen with them" said Jeff pointing to Malik who waved in their direction and a nice looking girl who was serving drinks at the counter and wore an apron.

"Secondly, don't try to be too intelligent or studious, it kills the swag abi no be so?" He asked looking at his colleagues who were seated round the table and they replied in unison, "Na so!"

"Lastly you have to perform your first job as an Alpha frat by helping other Alphas, we are going to pull a prank at the chemistry practicals demonstration tomorrow and you are going to help us by bringing something smelly, a gas or liquid, else this happens to you " he then turned his head and looked at Malik.

A muscular guy carried a tree with some Zobo drinks on it, as he passed by, one turned over spilling on Malik.

"Sorry man, I can't control this drinks" he said before emptying all the contents on Malik who became drenched in scarlet liquid, Everybody in the cafeteria roared in deep laughter there was an expression of shock on Malik's face. the muscular guy klanged fists with Jeff and walked away in bizarre fashion, no apologies.

"And that's just a little demonstration " said Jeff with a smile, Kunle didn't think twice before making his decision he was going with the Alphas.

He finished his bons and walked out of the cafeteria with Malik after him.

"Whoa guess you are cool with Jeff, but don't do anything he tells you, I attended the same school with him and his jerks, they are just bullies nothing more " he said wiping his clothes with a handkerchief which changed color soon.

I need to get away from this guy thought Kunle can't risk being seen with a wet guy, he decided to ditch Malik.

"Catch you later, I have to catch the bus" he shouted after taking off and got to the gate, a red bus was waiting, he paid the fee and joined the passengers.

The bus had already started moving after finishing loading. He remembered he had forgotten to get his little sister some ice cream, she would kill him, he began shouting at the top of his voice.

"Abeg, Driver stop the bus! "
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
So that's it for chapter 1.
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chapter two - A Freak's Night outing

Kunle had stolen some of the future fuel Uncle Ray used on the T-2, there was still a lot leftover, the fuel fitted all Jeffrey's requirements. He whistled at jeffrey who walked towards him and brought a big sachet filled with the stinky liquid.

He looked around to make sure nobody was watching them before handing it over and then walked into the chemistry lab after donning one of the lab coats hanging at the entrance.

Jeff chuckled wickedly, his plan was working perfect and Kunle was going to be in for it, he entered the room where the lab equipment were kept after poking his head into the lab a few times like a spy garnering information.

Kunle was seated on the front row, he searched the various glass flasks to be handed out to students and spotted the one Kunle would receive before emptying the smelly liquid inside along with the magnesium, he heaved a sigh of relief as the smell went away.

He walked out of the room and took his seat in the lab as a frail young woman who has the lecturer walked in, loaded a trolley with the flasks and pushed it into the lab before dispensing it, she ordered the students to partner with each other to achieve best results, the instruction was to find the boiling point of magnesium. each student had a bunsen burner, thermometer and other apparatus.

Kunle looked over to his left to see his partner. It was the girl from the restaurant, the one Jeff had told him to stay away from, he couldn't help drooling at her. She had long brown hair and tanned skin that any lady would love to have, her eyes literally glittered blue, she had a pointed nose and rose red thin lips, she noticed him and smiled, he snapped out of it.

He began boiling, he knew something was amiss when his flask assumed a different color from that of others.

"Why is your flask that way" she asked in a silent tone, her voice was music to his ears, he began to think about it, he looked at Jeff who was grinning from ear to ear and discussing something funny with his partner, then he knew what was wrong.

The future fuel was in his flask, did Jeff make a mistake or did he ..., he realised Malik had been right, Jeff was playing the prank on him, he saw the mercury in the thermometer move, there wasn't much time till the heat from the bunsen ignited the future fuel.

He took the flask off the burner but the fuel had already combusted, the explosion sent him sprawling against his seat, his shirt was on fire.

The lecturer grabbed a bucket of cold water and doused it on him putting out the flames, he shivered as the water ran down his body, his partner rescued his backpack and material.

He should never had listened to kunle, soon the lecture was over.

"So what really happened" his partner asked, she was curious to know why his flask turned into a mini-bomb.

He told her how Jeff had tricked and he failed to listen to the warnings of an acquaintance, he was wet and his shirt was missing a sleave.

"Haba I can't believe you fell into his trap, Alpha frat? all Jeff has are his follower friends who obey him and he told you not to speak with Me and Malik that's just because i'm close friend with Malik and he's jealous of Malik too as he wants me to be his friend instead, I guess he's jealous of you too, I know all this, we went to the same school together" She said, he felt suprised as she opened up to him.

Malik walked up to them with some books, Kunle braced himself as he expected an I-told-you-so, he sat down beside them.

"Kunle please meet Miss Sonia, a friend" he said.

"We've met a while ago though" Sonia said.

"You are lucky you didn't lose your trousers" said Malik choking with laughter, Kunle didn't even think about it, it would have been hilarious, his face would have appeared on social networking sites.

"Here's a favour you can do me as my arm is naked and i'm cold, Can you borrow me your Jacket"
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kunle tried to walk faster despite the load he was carrying in a bag, he had visited Malik to return the jacket and tutor him after the chemistry lecturer had discharged him on the basis that it was a lab accident but he had to clean up the mess, so on the way from Malik's house he had decided to shop for provisions at the market.

His body was really itching him and he needed to get home fast, a nice hot bath with dettol or vicks vapor rub would do. He decided to take a shortcut as he was familiar with this part of the city.

The shortcut was really lonely and most of the streetlights were not working, most of the buildings were under construction with the exception of a small booth, as he passed by he saw a lady moaning in pleasure inside as a man made love to her penetrating her with his instrument, squeezing her breasts, sucking them and gnawing at her lips, the man slowed down and pulled down the window blinds on noticing him, Men smoking cigars exchanged packages with each other, He knew he was on one of the most dangerous streets and a wierd one at that, he almost took to running, his itching also increased.

Two men with handkerchiefs tied around their mouths came out of an uncompleted building he had passed, One had a gun while the other carried a carved piece of plank with a nail at the end.

As he looked on the ground observing the shadows he knew they were gaining on him and he bolted away.

A cracky voice ahead of him ordered him to stop, the man held onto a machete that shone even in the dark speaking loudly of its sharpness, he was surrounded, as he stared into the man's cold and reddened eyes fear took over him, he began shaking like a reed and hot piss tried to find its way out of his anus.

"Lie down make you Ku ku bring out all the money wey you carry" the man said in pidgin and english, in compliance he put his chest on the ground and dipped his hand into his pockets, nothing.

He rembered he had used the money to buy the provisions and there was no change, he tried to explain, the itching was getting uncontrollable.

"Wetin you come find then? The kind beating wen we go give you, na shit you go dey shit for body" said the man as he released the piss, the other two began hitting him using the plank the butt of the gun.

He wasn't feeling much pain from the beating, the itching was also coming down, he was vexed when the nail on the plank struck at one of his buttocks, he let out a shrieking cry.

The robbers were even more suprised when he got up and didn't even stop crying. Kunle was feeling intense pain on his back, his toes and fingers as if something was pulling itself out, his bones made a cracking sound as they rearranged.

He watched as his nails grew sharper, longer and strong in a bent curve like talons, the excruciating pain stopped when something came out of his back.

The robbers gasped as they stared at the 11 foot hawk-like wings that began flapping furiously, they knew the tables were turned, the prey had become the predator. This was the thing they expected to see only in movies and myths, the man with gun opened fire.

Kunle felt pellet like objects hitting him on what seemed to be an extension of his body, the pain in his buttock had gone away, he looked over his shoulders and saw a mass of long and dark feathers, three holes were etched in them and they were oozing out blood, the bullets pushed out as the holes closed in healing fashion.

The man with the gun stopped firing to reload, the other two huddled themselves behind him, Kunle had a different idea. He stretched out his talons and dove at the man, his wings beated carring him across midair as he slashed the man's face drawing blood, the man dropped his gun, his hand holding his face as he screamed.

His wings flapped beating the man with the cutlass and the man with the plank down, he began blowing them after rolling his taloned hand into a fist, he grabbed the plank and used it to beat the man who previously wielded it leaving bruises on his buttocks.

He grabbed his bag and ran, his wings creating currents that would lift him off the ground and then drop him, as he ran he kept thinking how he would get home looking like this, he needed to keep calm.

Was he going to stay like this forever as a bird-like monster? People would call him a wizard, The government may capture him to study him, he could be killed, he would lose any chance of a social life he was had. He was almost home soon as his house was just around the corner, the T-2 had been wheeled inside, the coast was clear.

He followed the back and climbed into the window effortlessly as there were no protectors and landed silently except for his wings that had to fold to pass into the room he shared with his uncle.

He dropped the bag and went to look at himself in the mirror, the black feathered wing nearly doubled him in high, his built had gotten a little more muscular and his fingers and nails were now talons ...
Re: Adventures Of A Superhero by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2014
His short jet black hair had gotten longer, he looked like Sabrehawk from Frankie's painting, He tried to reexperience the pain he felt earlier on by pumping his back muscles with the intent of pulling them in, He ended up flapping them and crashed into the ceiling.

He heard footsteps coming, it was now or never, he thought about being normal and his muscles expanded and contracted, the wings pulled in and the talons morphed back into his fingers as somebody opened the door, there was a gaping hole on his back where the wings had pulled in but he wasn't bleeding. There was a gapping hole in his shirt from where the wings had pulled out.

"What happened to you?" asked Uncle ray pointing at his torn shirt.

"Oh, I got mugged but i got away" he replied pulling off the shirt to get a new one.

"Where's the provisions?" asked Uncle Ray hoping that he didn't lose it, Kunle pointed at the bag.

(1) (Reply)

Completely Superhuman / The Girl At Shoprite / The Coin (Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.